Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Free Energy Thread (merged)

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: Free Energy.

Unread postby emailking » Fri 07 Apr 2006, 18:10:51

Michel wrote:
emailking wrote:
Michel wrote:
emailking wrote:The machine is bogus though. :-D
Why??
Because if it worked we'd be hearing about it on the news, not from you.

Then, show has us and has YOU by arithmetic calculations that the machine will function, OR, it will not function. It is should not be difficult for a physicist to make calculations of a simple mechanical mechanism.
P.S. My calculations are higher.

Alors, démontrez a nous et a VOUS par les calculs arithmétiques que la machine fonctionnera, OU bien, elle ne fonctionnera pas. C'est ne doit pas être difficile pour un physicien de faire les calculs d'un simple mécanisme mécanique.
P.S. Mes calculs sont plus haut.

My initial reason why it doesn't work would be conservation of energy (which has been proven for mechanical systems) but since you probably won't accept that I'll look at it in more detail tonight.
emailking
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby emailking » Fri 07 Apr 2006, 19:02:52

Your machine works by an imbalance of forces. Moreover, this imbalance is designed to remain constant. Considering the "floats" in your system, given a float, on one side it gains an energy E as it is pulled down by the net force. However, on the other side, the symmetry that *must* be maintained to keep your system going results in a force which is now pulling the same float down as it is trying to rise. Since it moves through the same distance as before, it loses an energy E, the same energy as before. So the net eneryg that can be extracted from a single float as this machine operates is:

E + (-E) = E - E = 0. (<---- look, calculations!)

If you have N such floats, we will multiply this number by N. Thus the total energy you can extract is N*0 = 0. (<---- more calculations!)

So you cannot extract any energy and allow the system to keep going.

Now what *will* happen is that the water will extract energy from this system in form of heat due to friction. So it will in fact come to a stop if left alone. The equilibrium situation is when all of floats have equal compression. That is a stable situation, assuming they are all equally spaced on the conveyer.

"But one little also to increase the weight of the masses with 5-10-20... kg to calculate these weights it is necessary to hold account, primarily, of the losses for frictions, which comes from the springs with gas."

How do you propose these losses will be made up??

Oh wait, free energy...right. I forgot.

Seriously, this is no more profound than noting that if you release a frictionless ball from one end of a valley, it will roll to the other end and back and forth indefinitely. You cannot extract any energy from this, or it will not roll as high anymore. In reality the ball is not frictionless, and will continuously lose energy (due to rolling friction, which isn't really friction techinically, but it behaves the same way) till it comes to a stop.
emailking
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Ingenuity_Gap » Fri 07 Apr 2006, 23:38:50

Michel wrote:
Frank wrote:BECAUSE IT WON'T WORK!!!
Si c'est si facile que cela, organizez une compagnie, offrez les actions, construire une telle machine et prouvez toute ca au monde!!

Je ne suis pas un homme d'affaires, je suis un simple inventeur des Perpetuum Mobile.

I am not a businessman, I am a simple inventor of Perpetuum Mobile.

Perpetuum Mobile? No doubt you are simple. Very-very simple minded if you think you can get something from nothing. Perhaps God is able to pull this kind of trick, but since you are not God...

Back to the drawing board. This time try to make something useful.

Man, are we really talking about this? Is this the 21st century? Are there still alchemists around?
"The world is becoming too complex and too fast-paced to manage." - Thomas Homer-Dixon
Ingenuity_Gap
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Ingenuity_Gap » Fri 07 Apr 2006, 23:41:24

Michel,

Didn't your grandma teach you that NOTHING is free?
"The world is becoming too complex and too fast-paced to manage." - Thomas Homer-Dixon
Ingenuity_Gap
Peat
Peat

Unread postby aldente » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 00:32:11

What a pack of wolfes you are...
There is- and belive me, with or without you- there always will be a form of mindset that allows the 'irrational' to take place. This includes the absurd perpetual motion kind of thought. http://besslerwheel.com/forum/
Last edited by aldente on Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:33:24, edited 1 time in total.
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Ingenuity_Gap » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 00:43:24

albente wrote:What a pack of wolfes you are...
There is- and belive me, with or without you- there always will be a form of mindset that allows the 'irrational' to take place. This includes the absurd perpetuum motion kind of thought. http://besslerwheel.com/forum/

Albente,

This is supposed to be a serious forum discussing serious topics. If I want to watch golf I'll check the golf channel not MTV.

Fortunately Michel has many options when it comes to posting "irrational" rants, like the site you provided and 80% of the other websites on the Internet.
Ingenuity_Gap
Peat
Peat

Unread postby aldente » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 01:09:49

You are on the wrong track! Essentially what you bang onto is a gong that looks like that:
http://www.bbs-klang.de/bilder/saeg_200_3.jpg
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Michel » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:30:09

Ingenuity_Gap wrote: Perpetuum Mobile? No doubt you are simple. Very-very simple minded if you think you can get something from nothing. Perhaps God is able to pull this kind of trick, but since you are not God...

Energy does not come from nothing. The engine uses the gravitation to produce energy.
Michel
Wood
Wood

Unread postby aldente » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:48:00

Wuerth AG does not state anything different. Of course perpetual motion is a nuisence, however any form of planetary continuation everv since the Big Bang occured 4 and a half Billion years ago proves the opposite!

PS: I am not a religions freak and don't look to take credit for that shit..
http://www.peakoil.com/fortopic18753.html
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby emailking » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 11:33:28

Michel, what about my analysis of why your machine doesn't work? Can I take your silence to mean you agree?
emailking
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Michel » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 12:08:08

emailking wrote:Michel, what about my analysis of why your machine doesn't work? Can I take your silence to mean you agree?

Try to show your words by arithmetic calculations.
Michel
Wood
Wood

Unread postby coyote » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 12:35:32

Ingenuity_Gap wrote:Michel,

TANSTAAFL! :o
Lord, here comes the flood
We'll say goodbye to flesh and blood
If again the seas are silent in any still alive
It'll be those who gave their island to survive...
coyote
News Editor
News Editor

Unread postby emailking » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 13:04:46

Michel wrote:
emailking wrote:Michel, what about my analysis of why your machine doesn't work? Can I take your silence to mean you agree?

Try to show your words by arithmetic calculations.

The only other conceivable mathematical elaboration would be to note that the energy, E, is equal to F*h, where h is the height of the system and F is the force imbalance experienced by the float. So fine, E = F*h. Your responses, however, exhibit symptons of being a troll rather than a misguided individual. After all, if you are working for a perpetual motion company and really believe this will work, why are you giving us the secret before you have a chance to get rich? :P
emailking
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Michel » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 13:13:30

coyote wrote:

The impossible discoveries:
http://www.ldi5.com/a/index.php
Michel
Wood
Wood

Unread postby coyote » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 13:42:34

Michel wrote:
coyote wrote:

The impossible discoveries:
http://www.ldi5.com/a/index.php

Okay, so you've set yourself up as a lonely hero bravely holding the torch, surrounded by us inquisitors. But I'm still waiting for you to respond to Emailking's analysis. Either do that, or build the prototype you say you don't need. Show us the money!

Or not. Do whatever you want. Au 'voir.
Lord, here comes the flood
We'll say goodbye to flesh and blood
If again the seas are silent in any still alive
It'll be those who gave their island to survive...
coyote
News Editor
News Editor

Unread postby Michel » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 14:32:23

emailking wrote:... why are you giving us the secret before you have a chance to get rich? :P

The moneys does not make happiness and I am not materialist.
Michel
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Etalon » Sat 08 Apr 2006, 17:06:26

Ill believe it when I see it.

Go for it Michel. Make one, and ill eat my hat. Not that I wear one. Instead, ill eat my physics education, and every single physics textbook I can find in the library. (im not joking, as I consider my bet 100% safe (and all real physists would agree))

So many people make these claims, noone actually makes one.. I wonder why.

In my opinion, the last thing we need in a peak oil forum is a perpetual motion nut.
Etalon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Ingenuity_Gap » Sun 09 Apr 2006, 00:54:58

Michel wrote:
Ingenuity_Gap wrote: Perpetuum Mobile? No doubt you are simple. Very-very simple minded if you think you can get something from nothing. Perhaps God is able to pull this kind of trick, but since you are not God...

Energy does not come from nothing. The engine uses the gravitation to produce energy.

My God, Elvis is still in the building.
Ingenuity_Gap
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Ingenuity_Gap » Sun 09 Apr 2006, 00:57:11

It's way above my intellectual capacity. I quit.
Ingenuity_Gap
Peat
Peat

Unread postby SolarDave » Sun 09 Apr 2006, 15:21:26

Michel, you are working WAY too hard on your design. This is all you need:

The wheel is circular and underwater.
Around the rim are sets of metal plates arranged in pairs.
Each pair of plates has a fixed plate and a hinged plate.
Between the plates are "balloons" filled with air.
The balloons are cross-connected with tubes so air can flow between pairs of them on opposite sides of the wheel.

Theory of operation:

Obviously, the plates will squeeze the air out of the balloons on the right side, as the top plate is hinged so that it can press down on the balloon. On the left side the hinged plate is now the bottom plate, and it falls away from the balloon allowing it to fill with air from it's connected twin. As the wheel spins, air is continuously pumped from the right side of the wheel to the left side. With more buoyancy on the left side, the wheel continues to turn forever.

Simple math involving no more than 5 differential equations proves this works.

There. Now we can close this board down for sure. :P
SolarDave
Coal
Coal

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology