Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Casual Marijuana Use Causes Brain Damage

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

Re: Harvard study: casual marijuana use causes brain damage

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:14:43

pstarr wrote:
pstarr wrote:pot .... works on demons. It also cures bad spirit ...

Cheers! Happy Happy! :)

Hi Peter

You are so out of touch with reality you are starting to quote yourself.

I'm sure you are a nice person, but your ego is getting really big when you start quoting yourself.

Cheers!

PS: Are you OK? Sounds like you need an exorcism! :lol:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54:56

pstarr wrote: the term marijuana is now considered racist

Happy Happy!

I hadn't heard that marijuana is now considered racist.

That seems odd, given that marijuana is a plant.

Is it possible for a plant name to be racist?

Are there any other plants and/or plant names that are racist?

Eggplants, perhaps? bananas? Red peppers? The evil Delicious Apple?

Please advise.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 16:03:35

Plantagenet wrote:
pstarr wrote: the term marijuana is now considered racist

Happy Happy!

I hadn't heard that marijuana is now considered racist.

That seems odd, given that marijuana is a plant.

Is it possible for a plant name to be racist?

Are there any other plants and/or plant names that are racist?

Eggplants, perhaps? bananas? Red peppers? The evil Delicious Apple?

Please advise.

Cheers!

Well, I know the old name for Brazil Nuts was pretty racist. There are probably more.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 20:30:39

pstarr wrote:.... cannabis was falsely associated with latino drug users and dealers.

Falsely associated? Really?

Do you really think latino drug users and dealers never smoked marijuana? Do you think they just used heroin or something?

Sheesh...Give me a break, Peter. Even you aren't that dumb. :lol:

--------------------------

Look---gets get back to your silly claim that the word marijuana isn't used in California any more---that just isn't true.

Check this out:california-marijuana-museum

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Timo » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 20:35:18

pstarr wrote:Perhaps I have glaucoma? A condition for which the UCLA Medical Center regularly prescribes marijuana.

BTW, the term marijuana is now considered racist a throwback to the days when it cannabis was falsely associated with latino drug users and dealers. :x Plant you need to edit your posts to remove the offending language. Pot is now and heretofore to be cannabis. thank you for you cooperation in making this a saner happier world.

Happy Happy!

Nope! Not glaucoma. That's double vision. After my TBI, i had double vision for several months, and you're double posts llookk awfully awfully familiar familiar. [smilie=5emoticon.gif]

Oh. I also now have the early onset glaucoma. :cry: Happy Happy! :) I'm looking forward to getting me some good meds. :roll:

OH! I also have dyslexia. I just turned 15 today. Next year, i'll turn 25. I hear dyslexia is common among elder wise people.
Timo

Unread postby careinke » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 15:34:21

Here is what the warning label on the recreational marijuana I bought this morning says: :)
Warning: Enjoy our marijuana only if you are 21+, old enough to know better? Relax, hug a puppy, kiss your sweetheart, take a hike, but remember not to go too far you might cross the state line & weed may be illegal over there outside WA St. Kick your shoes off, smile at everyone, rejuvenate, Canibis is intoxicating, and may be habbit forming, make a habbit of Buddy Boy's fine intoxicants.
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 16:13:10

pstarr wrote:.. Plant, you know what UCLA Medical School is?

Of course I know what the UCLA medical school is.

And I know that that there are some medical conditions that Marijuana is helpful in treating.

Now here is a question for you. DO you know that Heroin and the opiates are also useful in some medical situations? Now think carefully on this question----Do you know that heroin and a whole lot of medical drugs are dangerous if used for recreation?

Just because marijuana has medical uses doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. An ever increasing body of scientific evidence indicates that marijuana is dangerous to people's health. Marijuana can cause genetic mutations and brain damage that leads to a host of serious psychiatric issues.

Why ignore the science? Drugs that cause genetic mutations and brain damage are dangerous if used for recreation---isn't that obvious?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 16:29:57

Here's a news report about an interesting scientific study that shows that marijuana use reduces the ability of the brain to feel pleasure.

Smoking-cannabis-DOES-dampen-emotions-increases-risk-addiction-drug

Needless to say this has various negative effects on marijuana users.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lore » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 17:19:45

That's funny, never affected me like that! :shock:
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby careinke » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 17:25:18

Plantagenet wrote:
pstarr wrote:.. Plant, you know what UCLA Medical School is?

Of course I know what the UCLA medical school is.

And I know that that there are some medical conditions that Marijuana is helpful in treating.

Now here is a question for you. DO you know that Heroin and the opiates are also useful in some medical situations? Now think carefully on this question----Do you know that heroin and a whole lot of medical drugs are dangerous if used for recreation?

Just because marijuana has medical uses doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. An ever increasing body of scientific evidence indicates that marijuana is dangerous to people's health. Marijuana can cause genetic mutations and brain damage that leads to a host of serious psychiatric issues.

Why ignore the science? Drugs that cause genetic mutations and brain damage are dangerous if used for recreation---isn't that obvious?

Cheers!

The exact same argument can be used for alcohol, only orders of magnitude worse. Why aren't you advocating a prohibition on alcohol? You should be making at least ten posts on alcohol use for every one post on pot.

I wonder why it took a constitutional amendment to outlaw alcohol, yet no amendment was required to outlaw pot? Hmm, maybe the federal laws against cannabis/hemp are unconstitutional?
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Lore » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 17:31:09

Plant has conservatively restricted points of view is why.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jul 2016, 17:56:21

careinke wrote: Why aren't you advocating a prohibition on alcohol? You should be making at least ten posts on alcohol use for every one post on pot.

You are right that alcohol causes serious medical problems for the people who use it and for society.

The difference between marijuana and pot is that alcohol is already legal and most people are aware of the problems associated with it. The government, for instance, requires that all bottles of alcohol contain a health warning:

The Alcoholic Beverage Labeling Act (ABLA) of the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988, Pub.L. 100–690, 102 Stat. 4181, enacted November 18, 1988, H.R. 5210, is a United States federal law requiring that (among other provisions) the labels of alcoholic beverages carry a government warning.

The warning reads:

“ GOVERNMENT WARNING:
(1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects.

(2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems

In contrast, marijuana is not yet legal everywhere, and many people are completely unaware that it causes medical problems. The marijuana industry (aka "Big Pot") puts out bogus propaganda claiming that marijuana is "natural" and even healthy to use. For instance, there are no health warnings required on marijuana sold in states where it is legal, in spite of the fact that it causes brain damage and genetic mutations.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 29 Nov 2016, 13:09:48

The latest findings linking marijuana and brain damage are quite remarkable.

Study-finds-abnormally-low-blood-flow-in-the-brain-of-marijuana-users

Using new imaging technology that can measure blood flow very precisely, the study found that marijuana smokers ----essentially all of them-----had greatly reduced blood flow to the brain. In particular the blood flow was below normal to the hippocampus region. This is the part of the brain that stores memories and enables people to learn things, i.e. to function.

The medical researchers warn that the low blood flow to the brain will definitely cause brain damage over time. They are particularly concerned that marijuana smoking will lead to Alzheimer's disease.

"Hippocampus, the brain's key memory and learning center, has the lowest blood flow in marijuana users suggesting higher vulnerability to Alzheimer's. As the U.S. races to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use, a new, large scale brain imaging study gives reason for caution.

Published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, researchers using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), a sophisticated imaging study that evaluates blood flow and activity patterns, demonstrated abnormally low blood flow in virtually every area of the brain studies in nearly 1,000 marijuana compared to healthy controls, including areas known to be affected by Alzheimer's pathology such as the hippocampus.....

According to one of the co-authors on the study Elisabeth Jorandby, M.D., "As a physician who routinely sees marijuana users, what struck me was not only the global reduction in blood flow in the marijuana users brains, but that the hippocampus was the most affected region due to its role in memory and Alzheimer's disease.

Our research has proven that marijuana users have lower cerebral blood flow than non-users. Second, the most predictive region separating these two groups is low blood flow in the hippocampus on concentration brain SPECT imaging.

This work suggests that marijuana use has damaging influences in the brain - particularly regions important in memory and learning and known to be affected by Alzheimer's."

Basically, the researchers found that if you smoke marijuana, blood blow to the brain is reduced, resulting in brain damage and greatly increasing your chances of getting Alzheimers.

The link is now proven
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 29 Nov 2016, 17:52:58

pstarr wrote:I could win this argument with one brain cell tied behind my medulla oblongata if I so chose.

How do you imagine you can win an argument against scientific facts?

The scientific results are very clear in this new study. Its now a proven scientific fact that Marijuana reduces blood flow to the brain.

Sub-normal blood flow means sub-normal functioning and damage to the brain.

Damage the hippocampus (which is where blood flow is most reduced in marijuana smokers) and the result is a loss of memory and learned skills, i.e. Alzheimers.

I can't believe you don't understand the significance of this new research. Marijuana causes brain damage and Alzheimers----you've been warned!

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 29 Nov 2016, 19:12:30

pstarr wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:
pstarr wrote:I could win this argument with one brain cell tied behind my medulla oblongata if I so chose.

How do you imagine you can win an argument against scientific facts?

The scientific results are very clear in this new study. Its now a proven scientific fact that Marijuana reduces blood flow to the brain.

Planty, your ridiculous post has reduced blood flow to my brain

There is a more likely explanation for the reduced blood flow to your brain. It just might have something to do with the fact that marijuana smoking causes reduced blood flow to the brain.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Medical Issues Forum