Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Casual Marijuana Use Causes Brain Damage

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

Re: Harvard study: casual marijuana use causes brain damage

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 18 Aug 2014, 13:31:15

Colorado starts new ad campaign warning that marijuana causes brain damage

Colorado ads warn about brain damage from marijuana use

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 18 Aug 2014, 13:39:06

pstarr wrote: if pot is responsible for such stupid violent behavior then perhaps it is time to lock up the stoners...

People with brain damage and low IQs do crazy things, including stupid violent behavior. Scientific studies show that even casual marijuana use causes brain damage and lowers people's IQs.
Last edited by Plantagenet on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 14:03:20, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 18 Aug 2014, 14:01:44

Peter---you are 80 years out of date. Try to keep up.

Harry Anslinger dates back to the 1930s. He has absolutely nothing to do with the new MRI data and other scientific research being done at Harvard and other top research facilities that shows marijuana use causes brain damage and lower IQs

Put down the joint and the axe and step away from that computer
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:23:43

Scientific researchers in Australia find that young Marijuana users become all messed up in a variety of ways from the drug---for instance they are 7x (seven times) more likely to attempt suicide then non-marijuana users

cannabis-catastrophic-for-young-brains

Thats a major bummer, man. :idea:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:42:32

Pot duz not cauz drain bamage! :? :?
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Deputy Barnes » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 01:42:00

Of course marijuana causes brain damage. It was a given to anyone who knew anything about physiology that any mind altering substance will logically cause brain damage. That is to say nothing of the disastrous social consequences of permissive attitudes towards marijuana. I believe anyone caught using that drug should serve a mandatory five years in prison, including first time juvenile offenders, and that they should be processed through a "marijuana offender registry," just like sexual predators. This drug needs to have the "cool" taken out of it.
"The most common lie is the lie that one tells to oneself" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Vote Republican.
Deputy Barnes
Permanently Banned

Unread postby careinke » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:55:01

Deputy Barnes wrote:Of course marijuana causes brain damage. It was a given to anyone who knew anything about physiology that any mind altering substance will logically cause brain damage. That is to say nothing of the disastrous social consequences of permissive attitudes towards marijuana. I believe anyone caught using that drug should serve a mandatory five years in prison, including first time juvenile offenders, and that they should be processed through a "marijuana offender registry," just like sexual predators. This drug needs to have the "cool" taken out of it.

Of course football, soccer, and other contact "sports" cause brain damage. It's a given to anyone who knows anything about physiology that any hit to the head will logically cause brain damage. That is to say nothing of the disastrous social consequences of permissive attitudes towards violent sports. I believe that anyone caught playing playing a violent sport should serve a mandatory five years in prison, including first time juvenile offenders, and they should be processed through a "violent sports offender registry" just like sexual predators. These sports need to have the "cool" taken out of them.

Deputy dog, It's a known fact that psychopaths driving desire is to impose their will on others. That's why psychopaths are drawn to politics. Have you considered running for office??
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Timo » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 16:01:33

Careinke, that was an award winning comeback! Well done, Sir. Well done!

But, i, myself, suffered drain bamage while neither smoking (or eating) dope, or playing violent sports. Five years ago, i was watching Fox News, and that was that! 30 seconds of that drivel clogged my drain, and now i'm permanently bamaged.
Timo

Unread postby Deputy Barnes » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 16:20:18

careinke wrote:
Deputy Barnes wrote:Of course marijuana causes brain damage. It was a given to anyone who knew anything about physiology that any mind altering substance will logically cause brain damage. That is to say nothing of the disastrous social consequences of permissive attitudes towards marijuana. I believe anyone caught using that drug should serve a mandatory five years in prison, including first time juvenile offenders, and that they should be processed through a "marijuana offender registry," just like sexual predators. This drug needs to have the "cool" taken out of it.

Of course football, soccer, and other contact "sports" cause brain damage. It's a given to anyone who knows anything about physiology that any hit to the head will logically cause brain damage. That is to say nothing of the disastrous social consequences of permissive attitudes towards violent sports. I believe that anyone caught playing playing a violent sport should serve a mandatory five years in prison, including first time juvenile offenders, and they should be processed through a "violent sports offender registry" just like sexual predators. These sports need to have the "cool" taken out of them.

Oddly enough, I agree 100%.
"The most common lie is the lie that one tells to oneself" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Vote Republican.
Deputy Barnes
Permanently Banned

Unread postby ingodsimage2 » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:58:17

Thank you for this very important study.
I hope many are persuaded of the foolishness of this drug because of you.
ingodsimage2
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 27 Oct 2014, 08:25:29

"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Timo » Mon 27 Oct 2014, 10:43:37

EPIC!!!!

First heard on vinyl!

Un Yellyman!
Timo

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 27 Oct 2014, 14:42:11

Did you see he followed it up with Firesign Theater? Squeeze him right there and he might pass another one. :lol:

"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby fjciv » Thu 30 Oct 2014, 16:16:31

Now we know that you must not smoke pot or broccoli or your lawn.
what else can we set on fire and get healthy from the smoke?
Lets try cabbage.
i wonder if i set it on fire and breathe real deep ill be cool>
hey stupid any plant should not be burned and inhaled.
I don't need Harvard to tell me that. ill just not do it .
I think they are burning something at Harvard and breathing it and as a result spend money on this study.
what Moron is in charge over there.
fjciv
Wood
Wood

Unread postby fjciv » Thu 30 Oct 2014, 16:24:09

And the next study will be ..
Racing cars and crashing into a brick wall will give you brain damage.
Hey Harvard stop smoking pot already.
Its damaging your brain you said so .
Your forgetting .
Houston we have a problem.
fjciv
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 31 Oct 2014, 16:03:56

I smoked casually into my mid 30's, I'm now 71. I joined Mensa when I was 50.(Was not impressed.) I scored Stirling in most categories when I had myself assessed.

Most people's minds and thoughts exist within defined boundaries like an egg shell. Weed breaks the barriers, which are culturally indoctrinated ways of perceiving and thinking, allowing your mind 'outside the box'.

It can initiate a deep introspection into what you believe and why, and a total reorganization of your thought processes as fundamental pillars upon which your beliefs and knowledge are based, are replaced.

It leads to a deep integrity within your thought processes, eliminating conflicting beliefs, and to a profound understanding of what you believe and why.

These are the same processes that take place in psychotherapy. And, as in therapy, it can leave an individual 'fragile' until the process is complete.

Since what we know, and our memories, are 'recorded' through morphological changes within the brain, I am not surprised that such changes were found.

It is the interpretation as to what those changes mean that needs to be questioned.

Also, as with everything, some people just shouldn't do it. Some people are very broken. Some lack the intellectual discipline for deep introspection on their own.

And such a journey requires courage. You are examining a priori's upon which your entire world view is based. When you knock out the fundamental pillars, you have to create a new foundation upon which who you are is built.

This requires you to make a leap from external validation from others, to internal validation. You like it or you don't. You do what you do. Based on your principles, which you decide for yourself.

Abraham Maslow referred to it as self-actualization.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 10 Nov 2014, 19:58:31

Marijuana users have shrunken brains

LATimes: regular-marijuana-shrinks-brain-

New studies show marijuana users have smaller pre-frontal cortexes then non-marijuana smokers, as well as lower IQs. This agrees with prior MRI studies showing that marijuana use shrinks the brain. AND Experimental studies with mice clearly shows that marijuana shrinks their brains.

However, marijuana users still have one line last excuse to fall back upon----the researchers cannot rule the possibility that people who already have low IQs and shrunken brains tend preferentially to become marijuana users.

M-M-M-Marijuana shrinks the brain!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Medical Issues Forum