Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

As cops quit- is social breakdown on the horizon?

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: As cops quit- is social breakdown on the horizon?

Unread postby Cog » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 21:29:37

But back to the topic at hand. The race pimps like Sharpton and to an extent Obama absolutely love this sort of thing. Why wait for the facts to come out when you get people railing at the white people? There is no profit in holding black people responsible when they loot, murder each other by the boatload, and otherwise turn the inner city into a war zone. It is obviously someone's else's fault.

The Dems love to keep those blacks firmly on the Democrat party plantation. By focusing on the perception that all cops and all whites are racists, the alleviate the black community of any responsibility for their own actions. It is the Republican and therefore white people's fault for the plight of inner city blacks, even though most big city mayors and city councils are overwhelmingly Democrat.

Read the Black lives matter manifesto if you want to read something hilarious. Their end game is far different than MLK's dream of everyone being treated by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 21:29:58

Cog wrote:
Lore wrote:Statistically speaking, nations with Wild West mentalities and guns kill more people then others.

You might want to google FBI gun crime statistics. The demographics responsible for most of the shootings in the US are not wearing cowboy boots. :lol:

They might as well be.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 21:35:30

Lore wrote:
Cog wrote:
Lore wrote:Statistically speaking, nations with Wild West mentalities and guns kill more people then others.

You might want to google FBI gun crime statistics. The demographics responsible for most of the shootings in the US are not wearing cowboy boots. :lol:

They might as well be.

An irrational fear over an inanimate object(gun). Much to my surprise my Glock 19 didn't jump out of my holster today and shoot anyone. :o

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 22:15:02

My understanding is that the U.S. has been experiencing the opposite: increased policing, more surveillance systems, larger prison systems, etc. The public has been paying for that together with incredible levels of military spending used to police other countries, leading to large levels of debt.

Given that, fallout from debt will be one of the reasons for social breakdown.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 22:20:41

Cog wrote:But back to the topic at hand. The race pimps like Sharpton and to an extent Obama absolutely love this sort of thing. Why wait for the facts to come out when you get people railing at the white people? There is no profit in holding black people responsible when they loot, murder each other by the boatload, and otherwise turn the inner city into a war zone. It is obviously someone's else's fault.

The Dems love to keep those blacks firmly on the Democrat party plantation. By focusing on the perception that all cops and all whites are racists, the alleviate the black community of any responsibility for their own actions. It is the Republican and therefore white people's fault for the plight of inner city blacks, even though most big city mayors and city councils are overwhelmingly Democrat.

Read the Black lives matter manifesto if you want to read something hilarious. Their end game is far different than MLK's dream of everyone being treated by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.
You just keep cutting an pasting the same comment over and over "Al Sharpton .... Democrat party plantation ..."
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 22:20:53

Cog wrote:But back to the topic at hand. The race pimps like Sharpton and to an extent Obama absolutely love this sort of thing. Why wait for the facts to come out when you get people railing at the white people? There is no profit in holding black people responsible when they loot, murder each other by the boatload, and otherwise turn the inner city into a war zone. It is obviously someone's else's fault.

You just keep cutting an pasting the same comment over and over "Al Sharpton .... Democrat party plantation ..."
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 23:25:04

Well at least I'm intelligent enough not to double post. LOL
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby evilgenius » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 00:40:58

ralfy wrote:My understanding is that the U.S. has been experiencing the opposite: increased policing, more surveillance systems, larger prison systems, etc. The public has been paying for that together with incredible levels of military spending used to police other countries, leading to large levels of debt.

Given that, fallout from debt will be one of the reasons for social breakdown.

That's the point I was trying to make with DUI's and fear. We can be intimidated, and connived as a people, but what we say goes. From armored cars to body armor what is happening with the cops is something that we have allowed because we have believed what we have been told, that somehow the video game world has come to our streets.

You're damn right we need the cops, but what we need are cops who are part of the community, not distanced because of an acceptance of fear or the belief that human nature has suddenly changed for the worse. Every time that the propaganda wins out means that another cop has to be hired who didn't need to be. You'd think that would help the dedicated cops, but it won't. It can't. It only feeds the delusion, and makes the problems worse for the good guys. And in answer to the fear about what a good cop has to go through to deal with what has been happening recently, it is what they must in order to remain true to their calling. People with no ethical reasoning won't understand that, but those who have it will. It's that simple. You do good because doing good is its own reward, not because you need applause or money.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 04:40:50

Cops are using the Saul Alinsky strategy of isolating their critic - in this case Black Lives Matter so that they can silence people who complain about:
1) Swat raids on the wrong addresses based on informants who say they just bought drugs from Earl who lives there, except Earl moved two years ago, so the whole search warrant system is a hoax.
2) Shooting small dogs and even in one case I know of a kitten because the cop felt threatened by the kitten. This includes routinely shooting dogs in quiet suburban neighborhoods because they had a call about some vague bullshit and they feel like taking a shortcut through someones yard and they shoot the dog in a yard down the block from the call. There was a recent video of the cops showing up a judge's house midday because his wife had accidentally tripped the alarm so the cop walks up to the house and shoots their cocker spaniel on the spot.
3) Roadside molesting and rape cases.
4) Gratuitous tasering of people for being "uncooperative" when they are really having a stroke, epilepsy, or diabetic coma.
5) Putting people in handcuffs and then bodyslamming them face down, including 100 lb teenage girls. See also the recent case of the small elderly visiting Indian grandfather who was partially paralyzed after being cuffed and massively bodyslammed for being in front of his sons house and not speaking English.
6) Child molesting cases involving the NYPD

And we haven't heard anything abut this lately, but we are overdue for a good police department gun running case, because cops love to traffic in illegal guns. Well here's a Republican judge about to be convicted of running guns to Mexico.
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crim ... cou/nmQTT/
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 14:04:45

.... Also arresting people who are severely mentally ill and not even contacting the local hospital (where they probably know this person by name), they take them into custody and taser and beat them twice a day until they are dead. If someone is psychotic, the cops confiscate their medication, put them in a terrible situation, and then beat them ruthlessly to make them obey, even though the person might be totally cut off from reality and hallucinating. And that's not to mention the mentally ill people that the cops execute on the spot, often right in front of their families. This includes elderly vets with PTSD. And then we catch them on video high-fiving each other after killing a homeless guy.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby augjohnson » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 16:43:12

I'm sure this will be seen by some as just another case of someone of the wrong race just not respecting the cops and getting what they deserve.

James Blake, former tennis star, slammed to ground and handcuffed outside midtown hotel by white NYPD cops who mistook him for ID theft suspect
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more- ... ?cid=bitly

"Blake said he had just answered a few questions from a writer for a tennis magazine and was texting when he looked up and saw someone in shorts and a T-shirt charging at him, splitting the doorman outside the Hyatt, an official hotel for the U.S. Tennis Association.

"Maybe I'm naïve, but I just assumed it was someone I went to high school with or something who was running at me to give me a big hug, so I smiled at the guy," Blake said. Blake said the officer, who he said was not wearing a badge, picked him up and threw him down on the sidewalk, yelled at him to roll over on his face and said, "Don't say a word."
augjohnson
Wood
Wood

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 18:56:28

augjohnson wrote:I'm sure this will be seen by some as just another case of someone of the wrong race just not respecting the cops and getting what they deserve.

Four cops take down a harvard educated tennis star for being suspected (mistaken identity) of using a bogus credit card? Would they have dog-piled a white guy for a possible bad credit card?

Notice how white mass murderers get arrested without even getting their hair mussed? Some old white guy runs up and down the street with an assault rifle yelling about killing cops, and the cops manage to talk him down, no trouble.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby augjohnson » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 19:16:58

I'm always amazed at the extreme blindness it takes to not see the difference between

A. Four cops take down a Harvard educated tennis star for being suspected (mistaken identity) of using a bogus credit card?

and

B. Some old white guy runs up and down the street with an assault rifle yelling about killing cops, and the cops manage to talk him down, no trouble.

Yet we see glaring examples here all the time.

I feel quite sure that if Blake had put up any sort of struggle or resistance, he would have suffered far worse injuries, at the very least. Sometime, some asshole cop is going to go too far with a very famous person and we'll see the current 7 figure $ rewards will become minuscule. Someone's family will own that police department, if not the entire city.
augjohnson
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 19:53:55

Cog wrote:Read the Black lives matter manifesto if you want to read something hilarious. Their end game is far different than MLK's dream of everyone being treated by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

Cog, what I see is that a huge proportion of Americans are slowly moving toward MLK's ideals.

Will all of them ever? Who knows, since some racists seem to pass the hate to the next generation.

OTOH, in 2008 the US population elected its first black president (and again in 2012) and it was no big deal. The focus was on other issues, like the state of the economy for the vast majority of people.

Since you're focused on black people: I'm a white guy and have chosen to live in primarily black neighborhoods most of my life (due to location and economic preferences like housing costs). I've been treated just fine in well over 99% of my interactions with black people (just like every race I can think of, offhand).

Now, should I throw up my hands and presume that black people are all racist or all hopeless by focusing on the handful of negative exeriences (including racism), or should I accept the fact that people aren't perfect, whatever group they come from?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 20:32:20

Cog wrote:Read the Black lives matter manifesto if you want to read something hilarious. Their end game is far different than MLK's dream of everyone being treated by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

Cog, can you give us a credible pointer to this manifesto?

When I try to search on it on Google, I don't find it. (And no, I'm not going to do intensive searching). I found a supposedly related manifesto here:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/08/2 ... Protesters

but it claims to be authored by another (Ferguson) protest group in the artcle. Also, its points (substance and tone) sure don't sound unreasonable, much less laughable, to me.

On blacklivesmatter.com I don't see anything but a bunch of disorganized articles and blog content expressing unhappiness with various things like how the police treat black people.

Maybe before we discuss "the" manifesto, we need to be sure we're discussing the right thing?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 21:14:25

Most unlikely. Globalisation is on track and the upheavals at present are simply that process gearing up. Policing will be eventually reduced to a minimal as despite these threads by the largely ignorant, the world has never been as submissive as it is due in large part to the rise in shopping as well as the presence of computers in a growing number of homes.

What is on the cards though is rising levels of submission born of a dependence on capitalist relations, real wages holding their worth as deflation reduces the impact of falling pay scales, the mediocratisation of working and middle class life as wealth consolidates in the capitalist class and of course deepening ignorance such as displayed by the OP all across this forum....even as their lives become bland.

This will be a global phenomenon.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 22:21:36

americandream wrote:... despite these threads by the largely ignorant.....

You are a rude prick. 2 week bans don't teach you anything. You can use Aspergers as your excuse, which may well be valid, but if you are being an arrogant sob you will be called out.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 22:34:10

SeaGypsy wrote:
americandream wrote:... despite these threads by the largely ignorant.....

You are a rude prick. 2 week bans don't teach you anything. You can use Aspergers as your excuse, which may well be valid, but if you are being an arrogant sob you will be called out.

Ban?

Where did you get that notion. I was away on business and rather busy.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 22:36:30

Oh, and another point to add to my list. Impotent rage directed at the messenger.
americandream
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion