Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Vast UFO Cover-Up

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Vast UFO Cover-Up

Unread postby Graeme » Tue 08 Jun 2010, 22:45:19

Nuclear Physicist Describes Vast UFO Cover-Up

"Some UFOs are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial spacecraft, and this is the biggest story of the millennium."

These words are not the rantings of a deranged individual looking for attention or a comfortable straitjacket. Stanton Friedman is a maverick of sorts.

Employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for companies like General Electric, General Motors, Westinghouse and Aerojet General Nucleonics, he worked on highly classified programs involving nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets.

In 1958, UFOs caught his attention, and Friedman has since lectured about this subject at more than 700 colleges and professional groups in all 50 states and around the world.

"After 53 years of investigation, I'm convinced we're dealing here with a cosmic Watergate," he told AOL News. "That means a few people within major governments have known since at least 1947 that some UFOs are alien spacecraft."

In Friedman's new book, "Science Was Wrong," co-authored with Kathleen Marden, he wrote, "There's been no shortage of strong, negative proclamations from debunking groups and individuals who refuse to examine the evidence ... to support the notion that some UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin."

aolnews
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Nuclear Physicist Describes Vast UFO Cover-Up

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Tue 08 Jun 2010, 23:39:55

All he needs to do is to produce some evidence. Lots of people will pay attention.

A engineering blueprint schematic of their spaceships, a alien corpse, fecal remains, alien pets dropped off in the Amazon, a description of their cultural and economic structure, how about plans to their Faster than light warp drive.

I'm all for mining hydrocarbons on Titan, I would be thrilled to see the details- produce the evidence.
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 00:07:30

Repent wrote:All he needs to do is to produce some evidence. Lots of people will pay attention.

A engineering blueprint schematic of their spaceships, a alien corpse, fecal remains, alien pets dropped off in the Amazon, a description of their cultural and economic structure, how about plans to their Faster than light warp drive.

I'm all for mining hydrocarbons on Titan, I would be thrilled to see the details- produce the evidence.
I have some really blurry great videos of lights in the sky but obviously you fecal remains think I'm a Whacko nutcase. Where can I buy shares in hydrocarbons on Titan?
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Graeme » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 01:12:40

Repent wrote:All he needs to do is to produce some evidence. Lots of people will pay attention.

Friedman does describe radar evidence for a UFO flying over Alaska in the article:

"A 747 over Alaska encountered something that was twice the size of an aircraft carrier, that flew circles around the jet. They reported it to the ground, where both the UFO and the 747 were picked up on radar.

However, you are right. It would be better if there was "hard" evidence.

I looked up the Wikipedia site about Friedman and found this comment particularly revealing.

Dr. Peter Sturrock also polled the membership of the American Astronomical Society and found that "the greater the amount of time one spent on reading UFO-related material, the more likely one is to accept their reality" [2](p. 210).

Thought it was an interesting topic anyway.
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 01:28:47

How to verify whether we have been in contact with aliens?

If Chinese made free energy powered rubber duckies start appearing down at the local discount store, I'll start to take aliens serious.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 06:06:01

Graeme wrote:
Dr. Peter Sturrock also polled the membership of the American Astronomical Society and found that "the greater the amount of time one spent on reading UFO-related material, the more likely one is to accept their reality" [2](p. 210).

Thought it was an interesting topic anyway.

Sure it is an interesting topic, however a lot of the above quote is related to the self selection effect. People who thin UFO's are real are axiomatically going to spend more time reading about them and studying them than people who think they are completely illusory. The same thing is true about Peak Oil or Global Warming, if you don't believe it is real or even possible then you will not spend as much time reading about it.

I do agree it is an interesting topic :)
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Graeme » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 18:01:31

Tanada, I was thinking of using the same analogy to peak oil too but didn't post because we'll end up straying from the thread topic . In any case, your logic is wrong. The logic is that if you read about a subject often, even though it's wrong, then you'll believe it's true. You say that if you don't believe in a topic, you won't read about it - the reverse of the above!

There is no question that oil supply is finite but we cannot be sure that falling supply will lead to collapse of society. We know that there are substitutes. We don't know how fast these will substitute for oil.

There is no question that there are unidentified flying objects. The hard part is proving that they are occupied by little green men. We cannot be absolutely sure that UFO's are not occupied by alien life but we tend to think that this is far-fetched. There is lingering doubt about what UFO's are and whether they are occupied.

I was watching the 60 minutes program on TV3 last night. Apparently next week, 60 minutes will devote their entire progam to UFO's including interviews with Air New Zealand pilots. There is still public interest in this topic! Image
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 18:16:44

In times of a socially generated crises, the vast majority of the uninformed turn to the heavens (for a variety of reasons not necessarily their fault) for salvation whereas those with the logic to look around them at the nature of the surrounding social order, WITH OPEN EYES, invariably sound the clarion call for a change that is viable.

This was the case in the Medieval era at the dawn of the age of Reason and remains in this age where the fruits of reason threaten to be overwhelmed by a new wave of medieval thinking which serves to mask the true nature of the staus quo and keep the vast majority in the dark.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 21:24:49

americandream wrote:In times of a socially generated crises, the vast majority of the uninformed turn to the heavens (for a variety of reasons not necessarily their fault) for salvation whereas those with the logic to look around them at the nature of the surrounding social order, WITH OPEN EYES, invariably sound the clarion call for a change that is viable.

This was the case in the Medieval era at the dawn of the age of Reason and remains in this age where the fruits of reason threaten to be overwhelmed by a new wave of medieval thinking which serves to mask the true nature of the staus quo and keep the vast majority in the dark.

Gordon Cooper, famous astronaut, Edgar Mitchell, another famous astronaut, Story Musgrave, another astronaut, turned to the heavens for salvation? I figured it was their job. Sadly Cooper has passed away, otherwise you could contact him and inform him, enlighten him , as to what he actually did see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvPR8T1o ... re=related
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 21:38:45

Let me remind you that it was communists (who eshew ignorance based wishfu thinking) who first ventured into space and view the stars with a certain value. Extending our skills as a species consequently, is commendable but is to be distinguished from wishful thinking when we fuck up, which is in increasing evidence as we spill, pollute and peak resource our way through our home planet.

To then engage in gazing hopefully overhead in the hope that ET will swoop down to save us from ourselves is prime time idiocy. The problems are here and in the way we live and the power is in ALL OF US to change our ways.

In the course of developing responsibly, were we to meet ET, wonderful!!. Nothing wrong with progress, so long as we learn to take those steps with responsibilty and maturity.

threadbear wrote:
americandream wrote:In times of a socially generated crises, the vast majority of the uninformed turn to the heavens (for a variety of reasons not necessarily their fault) for salvation whereas those with the logic to look around them at the nature of the surrounding social order, WITH OPEN EYES, invariably sound the clarion call for a change that is viable.

Gordon Cooper, famous astronaut, Edgar Mitchell, another famous astronaut, Story Musgrave, another astronaut, turned to the heavens for salvation? I figured it was their job. Sadly Cooper has passed away, otherwise you could contact him and inform him, enlighten him , as to what he actually did see.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 21:55:46

All sermonizing aside, American Dream....why don't you just watch the f**g video. Nobody here but you has mentioned "space brothers".

americandream wrote:Let me remind you that it was communists (who eshew ignorance based wishfu thinking) who first ventured into space and view the stars with a certain value. Extending our skills as a species consequently, is commendable but is to be distinguished from wishful thinking when we fuck up, which is in increasing evidence as we spill, pollute and peak resource our way through our home planet.

To then engage in gazing hopefully overhead in the hope that ET will swoop down to save us from ourselves is prime time idiocy. The problems are here and in the way we live and the power is in ALL OF US to change our ways.

In the course of developing responsibly, were we to meet ET, wonderful!!. Nothing wrong with progress, so long as we learn to take those steps with responsibilty and maturity.

threadbear wrote:

threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 22:01:18

I'm gonna ask you again, what is the relevance of whether they have covered up UFO evidence or not and why is it on the media radar whilst we thrill and spill our way through the Gulf.

I know you live in the land of Hollywood fantasy but really, why the fuck does it matter, NOW especially, when the airwaves are abuzz with this senator or that scientist uncovering ET coverup, whilst we quake at the mega ballsups unfolding?

threadbear wrote:All sermonizing aside, American Dream....why don't you just watch the f**g video. Nobody here but you has mentioned "space brothers".

americandream wrote:Let me remind you that it was communists (who eshew ignorance based wishfu thinking) who first ventured into space and view the stars with a certain value. Extending our skills as a species consequently, is commendable but is to be distinguished from wishful thinking when we fuck up, which is in increasing evidence as we spill, pollute and peak resource our way through our home planet.

threadbear wrote:

americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby yeahbut » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 22:05:56

Graeme wrote:Tanada, I was thinking of using the same analogy to peak oil too but didn't post because we'll end up straying from the thread topic . In any case, your logic is wrong. The logic is that if you read about a subject often, even though it's wrong, then you'll believe it's true. You say that if you don't believe in a topic, you won't read about it - the reverse of the above!

That's not what Tanada said Graeme. She pointed out the truism that, generally speaking, people seek out reading matter on subjects in which they already have an interest, and often belief. A form of confirmation bias, I guess. If you accept that idea, then of course a poll would show that "the greater the amount of time one spent on reading UFO-related material, the more likely one is to accept their reality", because those who "accept their reality" read about UFOs more anyway.
yeahbut
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 22:57:01

americandream wrote:I'm gonna ask you again, what is the relevance of whether they have covered up UFO evidence or not and why is it on the media radar whilst we thrill and spill our way through the Gulf.

I know you live in the land of Hollywood fantasy but really, why the fuck does it matter, NOW especially, when the airwaves are abuzz with this senator or that scientist uncovering ET coverup, whilst we quake at the mega ballsups unfolding?

<br>
<br>
What is the relevance of a ufo cover-up? Are you shi**ing me? I'll grant you this, if there is eventual disclosure, it will be part of an orchestrated govt directed media/propaganda campaign. Disclosure of past govt cover up will be so distracting from current problems, it's usefulness to the present govt will outweigh it's potential harm to same.

The subject will be framed a certain way, and stage managed to a ridiculous degree. It could easily be used to justify more military spending. I have spent the time to reply to you, now do me the honour of watching the video link, I provided, please. Will my opinion on this matter dominate? Probably. Does it mean you're all wrong? Hardly, you're just not seeing the whole picture, and for some reason you are viewing a subject that has sociopolitical and religious overlap, through the narrow angle lens of your own ideology. Believe me, there is much more here of relevance than you could possibly imagine at this time.
Last edited by threadbear on Wed 09 Jun 2010, 23:01:01, edited 1 time in total.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 22:58:51

yeahbut wrote:
Graeme wrote:Tanada, I was thinking of using the same analogy to peak oil too but didn't post because we'll end up straying from the thread topic . In any case, your logic is wrong. The logic is that if you read about a subject often, even though it's wrong, then you'll believe it's true. You say that if you don't believe in a topic, you won't read about it - the reverse of the above!

That's not what Tanada said Graeme. She pointed out the truism that, generally speaking, people seek out reading matter on subjects in which they already have an interest, and often belief. A form of confirmation bias, I guess. If you accept that idea, then of course a poll would show that "the greater the amount of time one spent on reading UFO-related material, the more likely one is to accept their reality", because those who "accept their reality" read about UFOs more anyway.

This applies to all areas of study. Did you watch the link I posted?
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Graeme » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 23:54:08

Yes. I watched the video. Gordon Cooper certainly saw some UFO's! The best part was near the end where he describes a letter he wrote to the UN. He thinks there is a cover-up. The Wikipedia site provides a good summary particularly the associated claims. I also found this site which describes a cover-up some of whom are well educated. I'll contribute more later.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby yeahbut » Thu 10 Jun 2010, 00:27:15

threadbear wrote:
yeahbut wrote:That's not what Tanada said Graeme. She pointed out the truism that, generally speaking, people seek out reading matter on subjects in which they already have an interest, and often belief. A form of confirmation bias, I guess. If you accept that idea, then of course a poll would show that "the greater the amount of time one spent on reading UFO-related material, the more likely one is to accept their reality", because those who "accept their reality" read about UFOs more anyway.

This applies to all areas of study.

Yes, that's why I referred to it as a truism.

Did you watch the link I posted?

Yep. And I'm sorry, but I'm going to need some nice, crisp, credible footage, minimum. Surely not too big an ask in this age where everyone has a ten megapixel camera and every event of any significance whatsoever is filmed by twenty members of the public? I'm not taking anyone's word on this issue, astronaut or not.
yeahbut
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby threadbear » Thu 10 Jun 2010, 13:50:02

yeahbut wrote:

Yep. And I'm sorry, but I'm going to need some nice, crisp, credible footage, minimum. Surely not too big an ask in this age where everyone has a ten megapixel camera and every event of any significance whatsoever is filmed by twenty members of the public? I'm not taking anyone's word on this issue, astronaut or not.

Let's do a logical exercise here. I could NEVER provide footage crisp and credible enough for you. You would argue that it was faked, that it was altered digitally, etc... You would need film that was somehow officially endorsed. In other words, you would need not just A scientist, but a group of scientists to endorse it. Scientists wouldn't be willing to do this, as they can't publicly endorse anything like that, because they lose credibility, and it's bad for their career. A cover up creates a self reinforcing feedback system, in this way.

The thing that cracks me up about people is their inability to do logical follow through. They argue, "All it would take is one credible scientist to step up to the plate, publicly" One credible scientist wouldn't do the trick, in terms of endorsing that a cover-up had occurred. He/she would have had to have actually seen something, too, and would need film footage etc.. etc... That puts him/her in state secret security clearance territory.

Whether you realize it or not, you would pretty much need govt authorized testimony. And they hold all the best film and proof.

That being said, there are likely some brave scientists involved in the Disclosure project--but their very association with this group, would cast them in a bad light. See how it works. Ufos end up being the ultimate self censoring phenomenon, for this reason. I won't beat a dead horse. I simply can't waste my energy on retarded arguments.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Olaf » Thu 10 Jun 2010, 14:25:46

I don't see how wanting to see a little proof means someone is presenting a 'retarded argument'.

No I haven't watched video you posted. I'll watch it later since you think it is the grail. I doubt it will impact me much, because I already believe that alien craft COULD be out there.

Your argument seems flawed to me in that you could argue it from any topic that people don't believe in.

Don't believe in God. Want credible proof. Sorry, that argument is retarded. Any credible scientists, priests, researchers will just present information flawed to my paradigm so I will disregard it.

Don't believe in global climate change...

ad infinitum.

What your logic discounts is someone's ability to change an open mind.
Last edited by Olaf on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 15:17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Olaf

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 10 Jun 2010, 14:46:22

So it seems that existence of UFO or God or lack of it is purely a domain of beliefs, eg it is religion.

In any case beliefs in God(s) or UFO are breaking Occam's razor.
They are creating "beings" in excess of actual need for such characters to exist.

So what about pink unicorns roaming the Moon?
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion