Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Fast Food Thread (merged)

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Did Charlie Bell died from junk food ?

Poll ended at Wed 16 Feb 2005, 12:14:09

Yes.
89%
No.
11%

Total votes : 19

Re: McDonalds to open inside the Louvre, French outraged

Unread postby mos6507 » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 16:26:27

People vote with their wallets. It wouldn't be there if it didn't make any money.
mos6507

Unread postby eXpat » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 18:27:48

mos6507 wrote:People vote with their wallets. It wouldn't be there if it didn't make any money.

+1, don´t like it, don´t buy it (let´s be honest, considering the taste of anything out of MC Donalds not very difficult either), after a few weeks without selling anything they will go away.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 18:31:01

I'm not French, and I'm shocked. What are they thinking? All that grease floating in the air landing on paintings and statues...
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 18:44:20

Ferretlover wrote:I'm not French, and I'm shocked. What are they thinking? All that grease floating in the air landing on paintings and statues...

Well, it's going to be in a visitors' center underground. You walk in through that big glass pyramid outside and there's a complex beneath the Louvre itself.

I guess it's no big deal if the whole world wants to love McDonald's.. I just like more locality, more originality whether it's in the States or abroad. We've already turned America into a giant strip mall.. must the rest of the Earth follow in our footsteps?
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

How does KFC run out of chicken?

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 26 Feb 2018, 22:01:21

How on earth does a fast food restaurant that specializes in chicken run out of ... chicken? This week KFC temporarily closed up to 800 stores in the UK and Ireland after a failure in its supply chain for chicken. KFC had recently switched delivery and logistics suppliers from Bidvest Logistics to DHL (DPW). It was a massive win for DHL: Britain is KFC's largest market in Europe, and one of its top five globally. For its part, DHL promised to set "a new benchmark for delivering fresh products to KFC." A new benchmark was achieved — just not the one either company anticipated. It all fell apart. (The service, not the chicken.) There's a simplicity to this story that makes it fascinating. No doubt dozens of people were involved in this massive transfer of contract. And no doubt there is a sophisticated explanation for the "operational

How does KFC run out of chicken?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion