Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Detention Camp Thread (merged)

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Prison camps in USA

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Jun 2007, 15:56:17

Tortilla price crisis in Mexico: link
Caused by growing US demand for ethanol. 8)
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby NEOPO » Tue 05 Jun 2007, 21:05:41

ty for bumping up threads that deal with such controversial subjects as you are normally such a waste of harddrive space. The re-reading of my own post's help's to reconfirm the genius contained within 8)
It is easier to enslave a people that wish to remain free then it is to free a people who wish to remain enslaved.
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Jun 2007, 21:52:32

DNFTT.

FEMA is preparing in advance for a repetition of the Mariel immigrant flood, but on an even larger scale. Wake UP---This may be the only bit of common sense FEMA has ever shown.

Peak Oil is going to hit Mexico HARD. Mexico nationalized their oil biz decades ago, and now that Cantarell has peaked, oil revenues to the Mexican government are going to drop quickly. We've got 12-20 million illegals now, mostly from Mexico. About 1 in 10 of all Mexicans are in the US right now.

If the economy goes down in Mexico and food gets scarce due to Peak Oil, you can bet millions and millions of Mexicans are going to follow their hermanos y hermanas and try to flood across the US border. 8)
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby eastbay » Wed 06 Jun 2007, 00:02:29

... ICE to respond on a quick basis to an illegal-immigration crisis.

Getting them to respond to anything other than Starbucks is nearly impossible. Don't expect much 'catching' from ICE in the event of a quickly developing mass-migration... I mean if it's significantly 'masser' than the migration from Mexico already is.

Currently they catch about one in a hundred and most of them are 'caught' as they prepare to walk out of jail or prison after serving a sentence. If an illegal can manage to stay out of jail the chances of getting 'caught' by ICE is about zero.
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Re: Peak Oil is Coming. That Won't Save the World

Unread postby Polybius » Fri 29 Oct 2021, 15:51:13

Heineken wrote:The positive feedback loops are all now strongly functioning, and to me they guarantee the failure of any attempt to even slow global warming. Despite all the talk and thrashing around, CO2 levels, as measured at Mauna Loa, continue to increase every year, EVEN in 2020 when so much was shut down, and again this year. Finally and worst of all, we have human nature to deal with. At this point, NOTHING can "save the world." The only realistic question is when collapse and dieback begin.

In the US concentration camps start Jan 31st 2022, at 4AM Central
Polybius
Wood
Wood

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 29 Oct 2021, 16:21:14

Polybius wrote:
Heineken wrote:The positive feedback loops are all now strongly functioning, and to me they guarantee the failure of any attempt to even slow global warming. Despite all the talk and thrashing around, CO2 levels, as measured at Mauna Loa, continue to increase every year, EVEN in 2020 when so much was shut down, and again this year. Finally and worst of all, we have human nature to deal with. At this point, NOTHING can "save the world." The only realistic question is when collapse and dieback begin.

Do we still call them fed-ghettos, or do we not use that branding word anymore because of all the times it was claimed and didn't happen? How about a comeback of the US draft? Or the Amero? Are those going to be in vogue soon as well? Or is it just nostalgia week? :lol:
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 20 Nov 2021, 12:27:16

Polybius wrote:

Are you being deliberately bombastic, for effect, or is there a reason for such an exact time?
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 20 Nov 2021, 14:57:35

Polybius wrote:

As usual, I believe every such claim you make. Especially when you use such clearly articulated reasoning, credible citations, etc. to support such a claim. :roll:

Short term doomer scoresheet of hundreds of millions (overall, re the internet) of failed rapid doom claims, vs. a big fat ZERO re being right anywhere near the date claimed re ACTUAL doom, intact.

The amusing thing to me is that when we finally had something that looked potentially credible and serious as far as being a BIG problem (Covid-19), a huge proportion of the usual short term doomer crowd (on this site and on the internet generally, IMO, per my observations) tried to downplay it or claim it didn't exist or was nonsense conspiracy theory X, to play political games re anti-vaxxing, anti-masking, anti-lockdown, etc.

Overall, short term attention spans and wildly inconsistent behavior aren't exactly good signs of credibility, re core ideas, in adults.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion