Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Texaco admits Peak Oil!!!

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Texaco admits Peak Oil!!!

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 26 Dec 2016, 00:20:14

"You are implying that "daters" ever claimed that geology based supply was related to price.". No I didn't. Didn't imply anything. Thought I clearly PROCLAIMED the Daters way over emphasized the importance of the PO date with respect to any meaningful metric out there. And the dynamics over the last 15 years appear to prove my assertion.

Same point about the PO date I've been making here for years
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Re: Texaco admits Peak Oil!!!

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 26 Dec 2016, 20:18:15

ROCKMAN wrote:"You are implying that "daters" ever claimed that geology based supply was related to price.". No I didn't. Didn't imply anything. Thought I clearly PROCLAIMED the Daters way over emphasized the importance of the PO date with respect to any meaningful metric out there. And the dynamics over the last 15 years appear to prove my assertion.

Same point about the PO date I've been making here for years

Well, okay. You are right, you did imply that peak oilers are ignorant of economics and the supply response to price. I can agree with that. And it isn't just the last 15 years, go look at all the price cycles in the past, the one the Etp model and others can't backcast because they don't get economics any better than the peakers did.

So now that it is obvious they need to learn some economics, do you think they will, or will they just keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result?

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion