Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Joe Newman's Energy Machine

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Joe Newman's Energy Machine

Unread postby bringitback » Sat 09 Apr 2005, 19:48:48

I was wondering if anybody has seen this site?

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Inv ... ephNewman/

Supposedly he's found a way to create electricity from 'gyroscopic particles'. I'm no science expert, but basically he's saying that he can create energy from pretty much nothing. Has anybody heard anything about this? I'm not sure whether he's on to something, or whether he's a complete hoax.
bringitback
Wood
Wood

Unread postby MarkR » Sun 10 Apr 2005, 04:42:21

The only other thing I've heard is that he is a scammer using the 'invention' to part people from their money.
MarkR
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Devil » Sun 10 Apr 2005, 06:53:12

We should not seek answers to the question of energy, we should question the answers that are being offered. (Devil's philosophy of the day :-D :lol: )
Devil
Devil
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mortifiedpenguin » Sun 10 Apr 2005, 11:58:35

I smell bullshit.

Heh heh. Bullshit. Heh heh.
mortifiedpenguin
Peat
Peat

Unread postby SidneyTawl » Sun 10 Apr 2005, 12:58:42

What is the opinion (of those watching the claims on this board) of "free energy" or in the case of over-unity devices of other peoples claims like John Bedini.
SidneyTawl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby FoxV » Sun 10 Apr 2005, 15:19:02

MarkR wrote:The only other thing I've heard is that he is a scammer using the 'invention' to part people from their money.

When a reporter asked him to explain how it worked he gave a one sentence explination that contained an incoherent mash of physics terms that was spoken so quickly you were only left with the impression of "Huh?" (kind of like listening to Jordi Laforge on speed :lol: )

It was a response that was intended not to explain a single thing.

This has SCAM written all over it
Angry yet?
FoxV
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby gg3 » Tue 12 Apr 2005, 08:33:06

I suppose I should make a "sticky" out of my postings on this topic, since this keeps coming up...

Some years ago I was involved with a working-group on sustainable energy sources. We were quite thorough at investigating a wide range of technologies. Among them were technologies of the type that claim to produce usable energy from the zero-point field, and technologies that claim to provide over-unity output (more energy out than appears to go in), etc. etc. etc.

The bottom line is, despite extensive direct interviews with various people who claim to have working devices, and examination of their inventions, we didn't find anything that was reliable, repeatable, and scalable to a degree that would provide a practical source of power.

Most of the people who are working in this area are sincerely motivated. Of those, most are self-taught and a few have conventional educations in their fields. A few are scammers, and these have had a disproportionate impact. Innocent engineering mistakes were commonplace; we didn't find much overt cheating; we did find occasional examples of devices that seemed to do "something interesting" but not in a reliable manner. We also found that some of the "mistakes" had potential in a more conventional sense, e.g. incremental improvements in the efficiency of common devices.

I could go on for another page or two about this stuff, but look up my postings on zero-point energy for more.

Personally I think the zero-point field theory has interesting potential as pure science, i.e. it does have elegance in explaining inertial mass. And some of the other work going on in anomalous energy sources may also lead to interesting discoveries in pure science. However I'm not convinced that any of this will lead to practical applications any time soon.

Aside from which, we do have nuclear fission and wind power right now, and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, and a range of other technologies that can improve efficiency. And photovoltaics are improving every year. We should be using the technologies we have right now, rather than holding our breaths to wait for a breakthrough that might or might not ever occur.
gg3
Expert
Expert

starrotor

Unread postby t » Wed 13 Apr 2005, 07:33:22

One that seems to be for real of course no hurry to get to market until big oil bleeds us dry. www.starrotor.com
t
Wood
Wood

Return to Energy Technology