Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

advice please

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

advice please

Unread postby sabs » Mon 01 May 2006, 19:45:52

As someone who is fairly new to Peak Oil ( 4 yrs since I heard about it- a year since I really understood it's massive implications) I would like to hear anyone's view on how they think civil liberties will be affected.
As a green card holder from Britain ( Pakistani origin) married to a Pakistani American I feel really worried about the future for a number of reasons. I ahve only recently managed to convince my family that I'm not a nut case and we had our first family Peak Oil meeting last week. Alot of people want to get out of America right away- I'm not sure that it's the best move but I understand their concern- any thoughts? Sabs
sabs
Wood
Wood

Re: advice please

Unread postby Cobra_Strike » Mon 01 May 2006, 20:12:54

To be quite honest....I feel bad for good people. More then likely our government is going to start viewing any outsiders as bad. :( Sorry to say...because they are going to try and scapegoat anyone they can, as much as I do not like judging anyone at first sight...most people to...
We stand here, as the light of other days surrounds us.
"Hail the Dead"
Cobra_Strike
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby azreal60 » Tue 02 May 2006, 01:11:51

Well, I would review which area's of the country are a bit more tolerant, and consider moving there. You don't nessesarily need to move out of the country, as other countrys are by and large just as intolerant of outsiders, in some cases more so.

By and large, find local people your comfortable with, and you won't need to worry about what the rest of the country is doing. It's the locals you need to win over.
Azreal60
azreal60
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby sabs » Wed 03 May 2006, 17:12:24

good point about winning over locals- but I thinkwe're more worried about being made scapegoats by the govt- especially when people are desperate and scared- one ideawas to move back to Pakistan- but to a rural mountain area where a degree of self sufficiency already exists
sabs
Wood
Wood

Return to Welcome