Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Well spank my butt

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

Well spank my butt

Unread postby Aaron » Mon 16 Aug 2004, 17:37:52

"We are not out of oil," Groppe said. "We are just out of cheap, easy-to-find oil. We have spent millions of dollars and many years of exploration since the 1970s and we have not found any major new supplies of oil."

http://peakoil.com/article878.html
The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt, but it has always been nothing more than politics in disguise... economics is a form of brain damage.

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Unread postby Aaron » Mon 16 Aug 2004, 19:33:22

well?

:)
The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt, but it has always been nothing more than politics in disguise... economics is a form of brain damage.

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Unread postby JR » Mon 16 Aug 2004, 19:57:46

Well, I don't know you very well. I'd have to see you before I could answer whether to spank your butt........ :wink:
JR
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Sencha » Mon 16 Aug 2004, 20:08:51

It seems that every day I have another reason to believe in Peak Oil and its consequences on the society as we know it. That article is yet another reason.

However, as much as I've learned, for some reason I still can't quite accept it. It's like I believe it, but at the same time, I don't. As if, I'm not capable of comprehending the downfall of our society.

But, I know it will happen, or do I? I know I will die someday, but have I truly accepted that?

All this to ponder, and contemplate on. There is simply too much to consider, no time spank butts.
Sencha
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby JR » Mon 16 Aug 2004, 20:35:02

Sorry for my above post.....I know you were looking for serious replies. Just in a weird mood today.....
JR
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Aaron » Mon 16 Aug 2004, 22:04:31

.So has the ship sailed on the spanking thing:)

I found this link to be very credible, and mainstream.

The good cheap oil has already peaked...

So very soon too... what a drag

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Unread postby smiley » Tue 17 Aug 2004, 10:17:47

Well if you discount all the oil sands, condensates, ultradeepwater oil etc the oil production appears to have peaked in 1999 or 2000.

So indeed the cheap oil is already in decline.
smiley
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Hooray for graphics

Unread postby EnviroEngr » Wed 18 Aug 2004, 02:20:01

JR wrote:Well, I don't know you very well. I'd have to see you before I could answer whether to spank your butt........ :wink:

JR, I'm with you. Such a suggestion really rouses the imagination. Hard to cast aside the stream of visuals attending his choice of words.
-------------------------------------------
| Whose reality is this anyway!? |
(---------< Temet Nosce >---------)
Heavy Crude

Unread postby The_Virginian » Mon 23 Aug 2004, 16:53:07

Well now Arrons "gone n' done it"

First he chooses an avitar that is reminicent of "Stroking the snake"

Then he captures our attention to yet annother example of "peak oil going mainstream" by sexual suggestions.

So what are you wearing now arron?

Is it silk panties, or a cream rayon teddy? :lol:

I hope Arron is a womans name where you come from... ::lol:
[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watchv=Ai4te4daLZs&feature=related[/url] "My soul longs for the candle and the spices. If only you would pour me a cup of wine for Havdalah...My heart yearning, I shall lift up my eyes to g-d, who provides for my needs day and night."
The_Virginian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Aaron » Mon 23 Aug 2004, 18:57:15

Then he captures our attention to yet annother example of "peak oil going mainstream" by sexual suggestions.

Something on your mind?

[smilie=angel5.gif]

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Unread postby The_Virginian » Mon 23 Aug 2004, 19:38:15

Me, why neva' sir. 8)

I would put a "wink" in there, but the new smily looks like a constipated speed freak, not a wink.
[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watchv=Ai4te4daLZs&feature=related[/url] "My soul longs for the candle and the spices. If only you would pour me a cup of wine for Havdalah...My heart yearning, I shall lift up my eyes to g-d, who provides for my needs day and night."
The_Virginian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby The_Virginian » Tue 24 Aug 2004, 18:51:20

BTW your angel is blue in the face from too much sex. :lol:
The_Virginian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Confession?

Unread postby EnviroEngr » Tue 24 Aug 2004, 19:09:59

Confession?
| Whose reality is this anyway!? |
(---------< Temet Nosce >---------)
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Metronome » Tue 24 Aug 2004, 21:15:49

Yes well, Oil was once on top, tar sands were once on top, condensates were once on top. And now it seems that Aaron has been on top, bottom, sideways... etc. :lol:
Metronome
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Aaron » Tue 24 Aug 2004, 21:32:24

Squandering the vast resources of Aaron's sense of humor, greedy posters allow their consumption of this finite resource to grow unchecked.

Unaware, they rush to wards the "peak" of this prized commodities ability to be produced. Completely unaware of the horrible consequences of their folly, these poor, doomed posters idle away the last fleeting moments in the summer of abundant humor, only to stand aghast in the wake of their undoing.

[smilie=profe.gif]

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Unread postby Guest » Wed 25 Aug 2004, 12:21:22

I SAY WE RIDE THE CURVE ALL THE WAY DOWN

WHOOWEE!

Unread postby The_Virginian » Fri 27 Aug 2004, 05:11:09

Aaron,

Sorry about that, I took an oppening to act in a mean mannor. Please don't tempt us in the future. [smilie=icon_blackeye.gif]
The_Virginian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Fri 10 Sep 2004, 00:08:57

smiley wrote:Well if you discount all the oil sands, condensates, ultradeepwater oil etc the oil production appears to have peaked in 1999 or 2000.

So indeed the cheap oil is already in decline.

Don't worry, there is still plenty under the wildlife reserves and the disputed waters and the rogue states and various war zones.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

our survey says,

Unread postby duff_beer_dragon » Wed 13 Oct 2004, 14:57:45

Yeah, plus there are considerable reserves on planet Marklar, and all that's needed to up the amount of oil for drilling is to open up a new theme park of geneticly engineered dinosaurs, then kill them, send them back in time, and - voila! - instant oil reserves, all marked out by graveyards and everything.
duff_beer_dragon
Lignite
Lignite

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models