Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

What have happened to Cid Yama?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: What have happened to Cid Yama?

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 22 Aug 2019, 20:55:37

As far as manias go, takes one to know one, eh?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:44:30

asg70 wrote:As far as manias go, takes one to know one...

Perhaps that approach works for people like you and Cid, but IMHO a better approach is to take a cool, reasoned, detached and independent view of both the daily news and the various existential crises such as peak oil and climate change that are arising to threaten our beautiful planet earth.

Cheers!

PS: Hello asg/mos/ennui. How are all of you doing this beautiful August day? I stopped over in Boston a few weeks ago and caught a performance of the spectacular production of Shakespeare's Cymbeline on Boston Commons. What a fantastic group of actors! Watching the play in the park and the sun set and the lights of skyscrapers came on all around Boston Common was truly wonderful. You are very lucky to live in such a grand old city like Boston.....although the traffic there is a bit of a mess, isn't it? :lol: :-D :roll:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 27 Aug 2019, 11:07:56

The ironic thing is that acid seems to be more correct about runaway global warming than he was given credit for. Whether or not methane is the agent it seeks humanity is bound and determined to push forward with “growth”, creating runaway global warming.

His general assessment that we have screwed ourselves seems to be spot on.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 28 Aug 2019, 21:20:58

Newfie wrote:...cid seems to be more correct about runaway global warming than he was given credit for....
His general assessment that we have screwed ourselves seems to be spot on.

Exactly right. AND Cid may still turn out to have been right about the risk of giant methane releases from continental shelves in the Arctic and elsewhere. The more we heat up the planet the greater the chance of triggering off all kinds of unstoppable feedback effects that will quickly makes things much worse.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 29 Aug 2019, 11:06:36

Plantagenet wrote:better approach is to take a cool, reasoned, detached and independent view of both the daily news and the various existential crises such as peak oil and climate change that are arising to threaten our beautiful planet earth.

Really? I don't see you doing that. I see you raising rhetorical alarm bells, pointing a lot of fingers, while living a lifestyle that would make David Koch blush (even in his grave).

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 29 Aug 2019, 17:22:53

asg70 wrote:I see you .... living a lifestyle that would make David Koch blush (even in his grave).

Thats an utterly idiotic fantasy, but don't let that stop you---please share your little fantasy with me. I'm sure whatever imaginary world you are making up in your tiny brain will be much better then the hard cold reality of the real world.

I have to get my chainsaw fired up and cut some firewood to heat my cabin next winter just now, but after a couple of hours of hard work to get the firewood in, but maybe David Koch will leave your imaginary world and come by and help me stack the wood.

David? Is that you? Its very nice of you get out of your grave in Mos/Ennui/Asg's fantasy and come help me load up some firewood here in Alaska.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Fri 06 Sep 2019, 02:13:57

In my perception Cid's message was largerly correct but proposed timing for manifestation of environmental changes entirely wrong.
He also tended to be over alarmist like in the case of "end of Pacific by Fukushima".
Nevertheless he was pushing an intersting argumentation to support his point of view and he was presenting interesting references.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion