Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Western Media Is Dying and Here’s Why

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: The Western Media Is Dying and Here’s Why

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 05 May 2019, 19:40:07

It was refreshing, and somewhat stressful, to have the conversation with some folks (not all of them) who were thinking about it, or at least some of it.

But I tend to agree, most folks just don’t think very deeply if at all. Then again that’s a preconception I have not sufficiently checked out. Not that I intend to invest the required energy to do so. I do get the sense that folks are not quite as asleep as they seem, yet they are far from fully woke.

I hope that should a national conversation arise the public would pay attention, it may if it’s a truly thoughtful conversation on an important matter, say immigration. But the partisan bickering forecloses such opportunities.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 06 May 2019, 08:03:59

There is just so much time in a day, so much time and space available in ones mortal life which just seems to accelerate faster toward the end the older you get.

More and more I surrender over to emerging generations the course the juggernaut of humanity will take. There is a bit of relief accepting ones obsolescence.

Regarding politics and media, next to the sun emerging over the ridge top, the chorus of bird song, it all seems so banal and not worthy of the fleeting time remaining.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 07 May 2019, 10:30:15

I believe Kaiser would strongly object, but viewing the totality of humanity its accomplishments and turmoil, the more I see our limitations and how our lack of humility has prevented us collectively from seeing them. One of my favorite quotes is from E.O Wilson " The problem with humans is we have paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions and godlike technology"
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby lpetrich » Wed 08 May 2019, 20:41:33

‘It’s Fox News viewers vs. everyone else,’ new poll concludes - MarketWatch a poll taken by NBC news and the Wall Street Journal.

It asked about concern about future Russian electoral interference, whether the Mueller Report cleared Trump, whether Trump has been honest about the Russia probe, and how approving of Trump. It polled watchers of broadcast news media, Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC. The watchers of broadcast, CNN, and MSNBC clustered together, with watchers of Fox News standing out as pro-Trump.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Cog » Wed 08 May 2019, 22:05:40

Fox news has more viewers than CNN or MSNBC. I wonder what you make of that.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby lpetrich » Thu 09 May 2019, 12:57:36

But CNN and MSNBC and the broadcast networks aren't going broke. Furthermore, their combined number of viewers is greater than for Fox News.

Fox News wins cable news ratings race for 69th consecutive quarter | TheHill
Prime time: Fox = 2.45 M, MSNBC = 1.91 M, CNN = 1.06 M, MSNBC+CNN = 2.97 M
25-54: FOX = 421 K, MSNBC = 333 K, CNN = 308 K, MSNBC+CNN = 641 K
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 09 May 2019, 13:50:57

Such a waste. Arguing over which side of the corporate coin is better or more popular. And the elites keep laughing hysterically
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics