Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

I think people should read this before posting...

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

I think people should read this before posting...

Unread postby Cyrus » Thu 26 May 2005, 21:43:18

I think people should read This before making assumptions that alternatives(i.e. Solar, wind, etc), will save us.
Cyrus
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Googolplex » Fri 27 May 2005, 03:30:54

I agree. Are you volunteering to travel to all of their homes and enforce this new rule? :-D
Googolplex
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Wildwell » Fri 27 May 2005, 05:40:11

The article good but is a little slanted and assumes one thing many peakers assume: We’re going to be running what we are now.

There is no way in this world we are going to maintain the sort of lifestyles we have now, a lot less mobility and a lot harder work for many. But the end of civilisation? Not yet, unless of course people demand the impossible. A shit storm no doubt about that and the sooner people wake up to it the better. I see many 'thinking the impossible' scenarios coming about: The end of mass flying and driving, the rise of nuclear power, educational systems slanted back in favour of craft industries and farming and so on. It's going to be a very strange world and most people are not ready for it and that's the biggest problem.
Wildwell
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: I think people should read this before posting...

Unread postby DriveElectric » Fri 27 May 2005, 10:36:30

Cyrus wrote:I think people should read This before making assumptions that alternatives(i.e. Solar, wind, etc), will save us.

That guy needs to seriously get laid.
DriveElectric
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Energy Technology