Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello Pt 2

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: did anyone find this site through mine

Unread postby Madpaddy » Mon 13 Aug 2007, 14:40:59

Aaron,

You forgot to wash your hands in soap made from the fat of the last Yangtze River Dolphin.
Madpaddy
Expert
Expert

Re: Hello from one of the most doomed locations on the plane

Unread postby burning_wings » Fri 17 Aug 2007, 09:08:20

BigTex wrote:What are property values like in your pre-doom area?

What does a nice 3br/2bth house cost?

Just curious what it costs to like in a rural area in that part of the country.

Believe it or not you can get a one acre ranch like that for under 200,000.00 on about 1 acre. That may sound like a lot of money compared to some places but in the part of New England it's not a bad deal. The obvious down side is having to trave a fair distance to a major part of the megalopolis to have a decent job. But if you can make a living in agriculture or for some reason don't need a job it's not a bad deal.
burning_wings
Wood
Wood

Re: Hello from one of the most doomed locations on the plane

Unread postby mgibbons19 » Fri 17 Aug 2007, 15:22:56

seldom_seen wrote:As Edward Abbey would say: [/i]

I KNEW your last name was smith.

Now, if only I could find Bonnie.

OP: I thought you were going to say Vegas.
mgibbons19
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jpalme2000 » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 15:22:24

Hello,

My Name is John. I found out about your board from one of my Youtube viewers. I work as an engineer and create d20 games for fun. My hobby, recently, has been following the Fiscal Crisis of 2007. I make videos about it when I think it's important.

I am looking forward to learning more, the young lady who invited me is one of my earliest viewers and we have some in common. So, here I am.

I'm primarily a lurker here.

John
Check out my Back of the Envelope video analysis at http://www.youtube.com/jpalme2000
jpalme2000
Wood
Wood

Re: New Member

Unread postby NEOPO » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 16:26:45

Hi John and welcome,
What youtube viewer might that be? :roll:
It is easier to enslave a people that wish to remain free then it is to free a people who wish to remain enslaved.
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Carlhole » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 17:08:22

Hi John,

Saw your clip here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5CwEQrly_A

Always good to welcome another Truther to PO.com!

The mods have to bottle me up in a single thread around here because I draw the relationship of dwindling oil to the events of 911. I'm like the protester in the background; they are my "Geraldo"!

It rankles. But I think it's all very relevant. Why else would the November '06 "referendum" on the war be so universally ignored?
Because US troops are going to be there for years, that's why - whether the public likes it or not. Because whoever controls the remaining easy oil on the planet controls the planet - at least for a little while longer.

John is referring to this Geroaldo Rivera news piece for FOX:

[flash width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/v/deF4efK91Vs[/flash]
Carlhole

Unread postby MattSavinar » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 22:23:25

John,

We've been discussing your work over at the LATOC forum. I said something to the effect of if you cleaned up the presentaition by wearing a suit, having a black background, buy some cheap video equipment etc. you could have a really cool show there as the content/commentary is very good.

FWIW, I loved the Geraldo video. talk about comedy gold. You've got 9/11 truth asshats, Geraldo, a team of hot blonde sex experts, a lot of talk about gay bathroom sex and Alex Jones getting arrested all mixed into one giant clusterfuck of insanity.
MattSavinar
Elite
Elite

Unread postby NEOPO » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 00:37:35

MattSavinar wrote:John,

We've been discussing your work over at the LATOC forum. I said something to the effect of if you cleaned up the presentaition by wearing a suit, having a black background, buy some cheap video equipment etc. you could have a really cool show there as the content/commentary is very good.

FWIW, I loved the Geraldo video. talk about comedy gold. You've got 9/11 truth asshats, Geraldo, a team of hot blonde sex experts, a lot of talk about gay bathroom sex and Alex Jones getting arrested all mixed into one giant clusterfuck of insanity.

Your shameless self promotion is really fucking tiring Matt.

911 truth asshats? I take great offense to this comment.

I will give you 24 hours to say that you are sorry for this comment and to also apologize for all of the shameless self promotion here at po.com. Fair warning...
It is easier to enslave a people that wish to remain free then it is to free a people who wish to remain enslaved.
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Carlhole » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 01:39:32

NEOPO wrote:
MattSavinar wrote:John,

Your shameless self promotion is really fucking tiring Matt.

911 truth asshats? I take great offense to this comment.

I will give you 24 hours to say that you are sorry for this comment and to also apologize for all of the shameless self promotion here at po.com. Fair warning...

Go easy, NEO.

I had pm's Matt Savinar about a year or so ago about what he thought of the 911 attacks.

He pm'd back to me, "Inside job all the way", and added that he agreed with Mike Ruppert that it was futile to argue about the attacks or expect any action on them in the form of a new investigation. Rather, he thought it was best to concentrate on the dire threat of Peak Oil bearing down on us quickly.

Everybody has a different set of opinions and different set of values and priorities, you know.

I started posting about the relationship between the 911 attacks and Peak Oil right about the time that Ruppert published "Crossing The Rubicon", which was the last time he added anything of substance to the debate.

At that time, Ruppert was dogmeat here on PO.com. So being an argumentative and contrarian bastard, I took up the cause and have been enjoying it ever since, thank you.

People think I am preaching some form of "Truth" but, in fact, I am more interested in getting unanswered questions fully and formally addressed. I also think that 911 Truth is extremely embarassing to the White House and to the media, which is why it is so strenuously ignored (see the Geraldo piece above, for example).

Yet, the WH and MSM are quick to invoke it every time they want to manipulate the public into supporting military objectives that have nothing to do with 911, and they invoke it whenever they want to curtail or limit civil liberties. The public ought to have some teeth that chomp back against that sort of thing.

Even if you basically believe the 911 Commission's version of events, there's no reason why you shouldn't support an investigation that closes some of the gaping holes in the official story. After all, if the government expects the nation toe the line on preemptive wars or the abolition of Habeus Corpus, they had better make sure that the public is completely assured that there have been no shenanigans played upon them.
Carlhole

Unread postby NEOPO » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 02:18:10

Carl,

With all due respect this goes far beyond 911, peak oil and you know it.

To say peak oil + 911 = Reality is just as false as trying to put us (it is us carl not just you) in a rubber padded room for inferring PO has alot to do with 911 and vice versa.

Far beyond 911 and far beyond peak oil.

My beef with Matt is indeed his shameless self promotion, his forum rule #1 and his arrogant attitude toward anyone who is capable of looking beyond what he perceives as the ultimate reality.

IMHO he has been indoctrinated and cannot think outside of his own box and since he is limited in vision he attempts to degrade anyone who tries to show him otherwise.

Many of us here have questioned wether he has an ulterior motive and I do not think many of us are happy about him turning a .org into a peak oil marketplace.

I say look deeper while others seem to be saying "only look as deep as I am looking"...

My warning still stands Mr. Savinar.

John,
Sorry if this seems to be off topic or to have gotten out of hand on your welcome thread :)
I am glad that you are looking forward to learning more and I think what has transpired thus far in this thread is a huge clue as to how much more there is to learn.

It is not just Peak oil or PO + 911 or a handful of factors at work here. It is not just stupid sheeple with their insatiable demand + over shoot at work here etc etc.
Nope, not by a long shot although there are a slew of people with their eyes barely open who would try to convince people otherwise.

I have learned, rather painfully I may add, that much of what I thought I knew was a complete manipulation, a distortion, a lie.

That said LATOC is child's play compared to po.com and all that we have made it, I hope you enjoy your stay and are able to maintain your sanity along what will probably be a very long and painful journey into places in your mind that you could have never imagined venturing into when you first walked through that door.

Again, welcome and Kind regards,
Neopo
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Carlhole » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 21:59:04

[align=center]Image[/align]

Zwicker offers theories on Sept. 11 tragedy

Chronicle Journal wrote:

[Co-Producer of the Peak Oil film End Of Suburbia], Barrie Zwicker, was certainly the centre of attention on Friday night. Thunder Bay residents packed a lecture hall at Lakehead University‘s Advanced Technology & Academic Centre to listen to the 9/11 theorist and author.

Zwicker told the audience he believed that the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon were orchestrated by the George W. Bush administration.

“Nine-eleven was an inside job, planned and executed at the level of the White House,” he told the audience Friday. After listening to Zwicker speak and give a Power Point presentation for more than an hour, members of the audience asked him several questions.

Another man, who said he was an engineer, said there was no doubt in his mind that the Twin Towers could not fall down by the impact of the airplanes. He said that dynamite or other explosives needed to be placed in the towers to bring them down.
“We have stats to prove it mathematically,” he said. “Why does it not appear in our papers? That‘s my question. And how can we make it appear?” His question was greeted with applause from the audience.

Zwicker then asked the audience how many people believed the official story. Only a few hands from those in the audience shot up. How many believed the second option? More hands shot up. How many liked the third? More hands raised.

Then Zwicker asked: “How many people believe it was an inside job?” Dozens of arms shot up in the air in the ATAC room, while people in the audience “oohed” and “aahed.”

Then, the actual count of hands was revealed to the audience. Six believed the official story, 85 liked the second option and 70 liked the third option. And a whopping 119 people indicated they believed it was an “inside job.”

“The last time I did this, almost nobody believed the official story,” Zwicker told the audience. “So the official story is in trouble.”

Strong, strong links between Peak Oil and the events of 911. Michael Ruppert has not exactly been a lone voice shouting it out.
Carlhole

Unread postby NEOPO » Tue 11 Sep 2007, 00:22:26

and let us not forget this video Oil, Smoke & Mirrors.

Heinberg, Heinberg, Heinberg!!!
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby pana_burda » Tue 11 Sep 2007, 13:53:40

Hi people!

For a little while now I have had quite a few glimpses of this nice board but never dared to register in because I felt it is very professional in relationship with the issue of "oil". In no way I am into that field, though!.

However, my participation here could be more likely seen at as the place where I am writing this from, and that is from Caracas, the capitol city of Venezuela. And my natural tongue is Spanish so, I am doing my best in trying it out but it MAY not be that easy to make too much of the sense from my wordings, from time to time. In advance, I pledge for your forgiveness!

I am going to leave you, in the appropriate thread, a link that may serve as an introductory token to a topic relevant to the country I know the best, the still fourth most important exporter of that black HOT "gold" to that other energy starving and more exponentially dependant by the days super power still called the US of A.
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Location: In freefall speed right down to the claws of the devil

Hello

Unread postby RedStateGreen » Mon 17 Sep 2007, 16:58:27

Been lurking a few days, decided to join. I like this forum a lot so far.

Here's the rest about me, if you want to know more just ask. :)
RedStateGreen
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Hello

Unread postby TheTurtle » Mon 17 Sep 2007, 17:28:18

RedStateGreen wrote:Been lurking a few days, decided to join. I like this forum a lot so far.

Here's the rest about me, if you want to know more just ask. :)

First off, welcome to PO.com. :)

I am oddly intrigued by someone who counts herself as a Republican, yet cares about the environment. Old school conservatism; what a concept.

You might find the Planning Forum to your liking, if you haven't already found it.
“Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.” (Ted Perry)
TheTurtle
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby RedStateGreen » Mon 17 Sep 2007, 18:04:20

TheTurtle wrote:I am oddly intrigued by someone who counts herself as a Republican, yet cares about the environment. Old school conservatism; what a concept.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I get that reaction often.
RedStateGreen
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Carlhole » Tue 18 Sep 2007, 04:59:46

[align=center]Image[/align]
Carlhole

Unread postby aldente » Tue 18 Sep 2007, 06:32:59

It might have been an outside job ...who cares.

In another thread supposedly William Endahl even throws the white towel

.Image
aldente
Permanently Banned

hello

Unread postby wikey » Tue 25 Sep 2007, 19:01:32

Myself gembinsl say good day to all i m new in this forum. Nice to join here
wikey
Wood
Wood

Re: hello

Unread postby roccman » Tue 25 Sep 2007, 19:34:15

And a good day to you too!

Welcome!
"There must be a bogeyman; there always is, and it cannot be something as esoteric as "resource depletion." You can't go to war with that." Emersonbiggins
roccman
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome