Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

2 US aircraft carriers headed for Gulf

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: 2 US aircraft carriers headed for Gulf

Unread postby gollum » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 19:56:46

My bet is this is a PR build, getting us ready for the fall. I anticipate an attack after the election. TPTB dont want to rock the public until after the big vote.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jupiters_release » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 20:00:06

benzoil wrote:They've got their hands full with the fallout from the current financial crisis.

Hands full of nothing but free wealth and property appropriation. Our loss is their gain.

Learn central banking:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0256183936

If you don't understand this then you don't understand the foundation of economic history.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Consensi » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 21:00:22

PeakingAroundtheCorner wrote:
mos6507 wrote:Image

Yup, that's the post I was checking for before posting it myself.

Yup, it is posted at least twice a week on FreeRepublic.

Check out the Ronald Reagan hairdoo.

Brylcreem, a little dab will do ya. But watch out, only if you
dare. Watch out, the gals will over do ya, they just love
to get their fingers in your hair.
Consensi
Peat
Peat

Unread postby yesplease » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 21:21:23

BigTex wrote:One way or another, we will see a resolution of this drama pretty soon.
Iono, North Korea stalled for a long time...
Professor Membrane wrote: Not now son, I'm making ... TOAST!
yesplease
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby copious.abundance » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 21:26:07

mos6507 wrote:Image

What he said.
Stuff for doomers to contemplate:
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1190117.html#p1190117
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1193930.html#p1193930
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1206767.html#p1206767
copious.abundance
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 21:40:20

1) False flag op
2) Attack Iran
3) Martial law
4) Cancel election
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby benzoil » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 22:15:54

jupiters_release wrote:
benzoil wrote:They've got their hands full with the fallout from the current financial crisis.

Hands full of nothing but free wealth and property appropriation. Our loss is their gain.

Learn central banking:

If you don't understand this then you don't understand the foundation of economic history.

You might be surprised how much history (economic and otherwise) I understand! :-D

I didn't have the 3.5 hours to watch the fuil video, but I did watch part of it. I can't say that they led with their best foot in the part I watched, but I'm sure that they make a better case later in the video.

What I was intimating was simply that big US money cannot handle another crisis right now. They are too weak from their own mistakes. The big beneficiaries would be foreign investment funds, since they're the only ones with enough liquidity to buy at the firesale that would ensue. I don't think they (big US money) would push for an attack on Iran.
TANSTAAFL
benzoil
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 22:31:12

Can you imgine if the US / Israel attacked Iran during the Olympics ? WWCD ? ( what would China do ) . What would Russia do too ?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dunewalker » Thu 07 Aug 2008, 23:01:01

"Wilderness is another civilization apart from our own." - H.D. Thoreau
dunewalker
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 01:45:27

Armageddon wrote:Can you imgine if the US / Israel attacked Iran during the Olympics ? WWCD ? ( what would China do ) . What would Russia do too ?

That was my line of thinking as well.

All eyes are on China for the olympics right now. It would be relatively easy to bury war with Iran on (figurative) page 20 for a couple of weeks. By the time the media got bored with the 24 hour coverage of allegations of crooked judges or doped athletes, the war would be all but over.*

*By "over", I mean "premature 'mission accomplished' banner" over, not actually over.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jupiters_release » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 03:30:29

benzoil wrote:
jupiters_release wrote:

Learn central banking:

You might be surprised how much history (economic and otherwise) I understand! :-D

I didn't have the 3.5 hours to watch the fuil video, but I did watch part of it. I can't say that they led with their best foot in the part I watched, but I'm sure that they make a better case later in the video.

What I was intimating was simply that big US money cannot handle another crisis right now. They are too weak from their own mistakes. The big beneficiaries would be foreign investment funds, since they're the only ones with enough liquidity to buy at the firesale that would ensue. I don't think they (big US money) would push for an attack on Iran.

Thanks for regurgitating, it's quite impressive how many long time members of this site are utterly lost on how things work and what peak oil really implies. Failure of intelligence in consciousness abounds.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby benzoil » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 06:56:14

jupiters_release wrote:
benzoil wrote:
jupiters_release wrote:

Learn central banking:

Thanks for regurgitating, it's quite impressive how many long time members of this site are utterly lost on how things work and what peak oil really implies. Failure of intelligence in consciousness abounds.

You must be a lot of fun at parties. How about you quit telling me I'm an idiot for not immediately buying into your unsupported conspiracy theory about the central banks wanting to bomb Iran and lay out a fact based argument?
TANSTAAFL
benzoil
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Nickel » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 07:33:39

Dreamtwister wrote:All eyes are on China for the olympics right now. It would be relatively easy to bury war with Iran on (figurative) page 20 for a couple of weeks.

Oh, but of course. We're all going to be so enthralled by finding out which of us has the number one pole vaulter in the world that NONE of us will notice for weeks on end when we're driving to work on $9 a gallon gas.
Nickel
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Nickel » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 07:38:57

jupiters_release wrote:Learn central banking:

I started watching it but it was getting late, and man... three and a half hours? I've heard of speeches that long from the Civil War, and they always make me wonder... what could anyone talk about for three or four hours? Maybe I'll find out (left it on to finish DLing the stream, so...).

One thing I noticed, that made me kind of suspicious, is how often Jesus and the Bible come up in the first twenty minutes or so. It has me wondering, is this one of those cranky end-of-days things that always start off intriguing, and once they've got the hook in your mouth, they suddenly start taking about unbelievers and pits and fire and the like? Or is it just like this in the States, particularly the South? I mean, is it typical to have a conversation about your investment in Nabisco that naturally segues into something cogent you noticed in the Book of John, or something?

I haven't watched it all yet, of course, but one of the issues I already have with the thesis is that they might be extending it too far. Not every central bank in the world is privately owned; in fact, I'd venture to say that these days, most aren't. They make a big deal out of the Bank of England, like the US Federal Reserve, being instituted as a private institution, and that's true... but it was nationalized after WWII and is part of the British government now. Same with the Bank of Canada; it was briefly private but almost instantly nationalized. In institutions like that, there are no private shareholders driving the bank to do evil for their own enrichment. Maybe they have something to say about other banking philosophies, though. We'll see...
Nickel
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 11:06:46

benzoil wrote:You must be a lot of fun at parties. How about you quit telling me I'm an idiot for not immediately buying into your unsupported conspiracy theory about the central banks wanting to bomb Iran and lay out a fact based argument?

Zing +1
mos6507

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 13:04:02

Nickel wrote:
Dreamtwister wrote:All eyes are on China for the olympics right now. It would be relatively easy to bury war with Iran on (figurative) page 20 for a couple of weeks.

Oh, but of course. We're all going to be so enthralled by finding out which of us has the number one pole vaulter in the world that NONE of us will notice for weeks on end when we're driving to work on $9 a gallon gas.

Ever hear of the strategic patroleum reserve?
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby strider3700 » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 14:36:13

You would burn the SPR to keep people driving too and from work at a low price for a few weeks when there is no guarantee that the straight can be reopened anytime soon?
shame on us, doomed from the start
god have mercy on our dirty little hearts
strider3700
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jbrovont » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 14:39:43

I don't think he was saying he would burn the SPR - I think he was suggesting tptb would use it to keep the public eye off the conflict.
jbrovont
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jupiters_release » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 17:48:14

benzoil wrote:
jupiters_release wrote:
benzoil wrote:
jupiters_release wrote:

Learn central banking:

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Actually I was, used to dance over six hours at a time in my pre-peak oil days in NYC. :-D

How about you quit telling me I'm an idiot for not immediately buying into your unsupported conspiracy theory about the central banks wanting to bomb Iran and lay out a fact based argument?

Seriously though, we're at the precipice of TSHTF and you've been on this site for three years now, I'm not going to repost the entire history of the peakoil.com forum. You may be an idiot but it's not your fault and you have plenty of similar company here, if that's of any consolation.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jupiters_release » Fri 08 Aug 2008, 17:49:08

mos6507 wrote:
benzoil wrote:You must be a lot of fun at parties. How about you quit telling me I'm an idiot for not immediately buying into your unsupported conspiracy theory about the central banks wanting to bomb Iran and lay out a fact based argument?

Zing +1

Zardoz +1
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion