Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

You are what You Eat

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

You are what You Eat

Unread postby myles_ohowe » Wed 02 Feb 2011, 10:08:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsk6fOJPHaM

You are what you eat. The food, chemicals, that go into your body, determine your state of health and well being. Why bother taking vitamin pills when you can get all your nutrients from real organic food? There are some organic companies that outright lie, research for yourself, or even better, grow your own organic food to ensure you and your families health and well being.

My nutrients come from real food including hemp seeds, organic fruits and vegetables, organic fruit juices. I do not consume meat, fish, dairy, alcohol, or coffee. Your food intake is your choice. I really believed I needed meat to live for most of my life. I am living evidence that human beings do not need to eat meat, fish, or dairy to live a healthy life. You are free to eat what your heart desires!

I work around toxic chemicals all the time at work, my diet is good for my life and may not be for everyone. I used to weigh 235lbs 2.5 years ago, today I am 140lbs. I lost all my weight from eating raw food. I only stopped eating meat, dairy, drinking alcohol and coffee 14 months ago. Smoking cannabis heals my damaged lungs, allowing me to take deep full breaths, where without cannabis I breathe more heavily and wheezing is aparent. I have zero cravings or need for cannabis. Why should I have to suffer, just to make someone that does not care about my health, happy that I am not on 'drugs'?

I only started smoking cannabis at the age of 17-18, when I tried it, I never started smoking often until I was 20 when it became crystal clear to me cannabis is the only medicine on this planet that actually heals my lungs. I hated marihuana most of my life, I lied to myself and others just to stay away from weed for most of my life. I do not use cannabis to escape from reality, why would I want to escape reality, I love life! I ceased using my inhaler 2 years ago. The last time I used an inhaler, was an expensive one and induced a bad ashma attack on me, which then I threw $200 in the trash. Cannabis has stopped 3 full blown ashma attacks I have had. Since I ceased using the inhalers I have had no ashma attacks, or loss of breathe. I work without smoking cannabis in an environment with toxic MDF dust, toxic paints (even the good filters are still only good to a certain point). I speak of my cannabis experiences because of all the misinformation and nonsense that is out there, group think is a dangerous thing. Industry is toxic and needs to change.

There is no reason why paints, oils, fuels, fibre, plastics should be made from toxic petroleum. It is better late than never to start changing the way things are. Everything made in society can be made from hemp!
Last edited by Ferretlover on Fri 04 Feb 2011, 00:48:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Text deleted for cross-posting (again) per COC 3.1.6 Repetitive messages: This includes cross-posting, flooding, and spamming.
myles_ohowe
Wood
Wood

Re: You are what You Eat

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 02 Feb 2011, 11:11:41

Moderate Drinkers May Toast Research Finding They Live Longer

Aug. 31 (Bloomberg) -- Sipping two or three glasses of wine, beer or cocktails per day helped older adults live longer than teetotalers in a study that confirmed the health benefits of moderate drinking.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-0 ... onger.html
vision-master

Unread postby Narz » Thu 03 Feb 2011, 20:32:19

Hemp should certainly be legalized.

Good luck on your health journey.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 05 Feb 2011, 18:48:37

vision-master wrote:Moderate Drinkers May Toast Research Finding They Live Longer

Aug. 31 (Bloomberg) -- Sipping two or three glasses of wine, beer or cocktails per day helped older adults live longer than teetotalers in a study that confirmed the health benefits of moderate drinking.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-0 ... onger.html

Yeah, my doctor recommended I start MODERATE drinking when I told him I don't drink at all, when I was in my mid-40's.

I read some articles, such as one in Scientific American, which confirmed that for stroke and heart attack risk, moderate alcohol consumption reduces the risk very significantly once you're 50 or so - like 42% as I recall. Interesting, there is no scientific consensus (yet) on why this is the case.

The main danger, as my doctor pointed out and so did the articles - heavy drinking is WAY worse for you than no drinking. Heavy drinking is very inadvisable for your health, even occasionally, FWIW.

Virtually every piece strongly against any drinking for your health I've seen comes from someone with a religious bias.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Narz » Sat 05 Feb 2011, 19:14:23

Yeah if you can handle moderate drinking. How many people actually drink a glass of red wine a day & leave it at that.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Sat 05 Feb 2011, 21:05:20

Many Mongoloids will become alcoholics while consuming what your doctor calls " moderate drinking", or even less than that. Your doctor should be more specific.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Sat 05 Feb 2011, 21:07:37

myles_ohowe wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsk6fOJPHaM

You are what you eat. The food, chemicals, that go into your body, determine your state of health and well being. Why bother taking vitamin pills when you can get all your nutrients from real organic food? There are some organic companies that outright lie, research for yourself, or even better, grow your own organic food to ensure you and your families health and well being.

My nutrients come from real food including hemp seeds, organic fruits and vegetables, organic fruit juices. I do not consume meat, fish, dairy, alcohol, or coffee. Your food intake is your choice. I really believed I needed meat to live for most of my life. I am living evidence that human beings do not need to eat meat, fish, or dairy to live a healthy life. You are free to eat what your heart desires!

I work around toxic chemicals all the time at work, my diet is good for my life and may not be for everyone. I used to weigh 235lbs 2.5 years ago, today I am 140lbs. I lost all my weight from eating raw food. I only stopped eating meat, dairy, drinking alcohol and coffee 14 months ago.

And you tell us all that because?
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 06 Jun 2016, 19:36:00

http://www.nationofchange.org/news/2016 ... ns-tested/
Glyphosate Found in Urine of 93 percent of Americans Tested
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 07 Jun 2016, 03:57:13

I must be mediterasian with a fair percentage of red wine
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 07 Jun 2016, 04:19:59

Shaved Monkey wrote:I must be mediterasian with a fair percentage of red wine

Better to have red wine inside than Glyphosate
Here is the red red wine song for you Monkey :-D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXt56MB-3vc
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Timo » Tue 07 Jun 2016, 14:33:19

I'm a vegetarian.

If i am what i eat, then i am not an animal. I'm a vegetable. And a fruit.

End of story.
Timo

Unread postby Timo » Tue 07 Jun 2016, 17:43:46

pstarr wrote:
Timo wrote:I'm a vegetarian.

If i am what i eat, then i am not an animal. I'm a vegetable. And a fruit.

End of story.

Yeah. You and dohboi are both fruits lol

(sorry, :cry: I couldn't help it. A gift ya' know)

I assume that makes you a weasel? Or perhaps a jackalope. Or maybe you eat locusts, and only have dinner once every 11, or 13, or 17 years.
Timo

Unread postby dbruning » Thu 09 Jun 2016, 17:49:31

dbruning
Coal
Coal

Unread postby careinke » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 12:45:39

onlooker wrote:http://www.nationofchange.org/news/2016/05/30/glyphosate-found-urine-93-percent-americans-tested/

Gee, I wonder how that happened? :roll:
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Timo » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 14:55:59

careinke wrote:
onlooker wrote:http://www.nationofchange.org/news/2016/05/30/glyphosate-found-urine-93-percent-americans-tested/

CHEM-TRAILS!!!!!
Timo

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 10 Jun 2016, 15:15:09

Timo wrote:
careinke wrote:

CHEM-TRAILS!!!!!

The worse chemtrails are the diets of Americans and how they can be lethal over time. :P
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: Happy Talk

Unread postby Cog » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 17:02:00

dohboi wrote:Congrats, Cog. You are an inspiration!

Thanks dohboi and I owe it all to eating meat and fat.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 17:18:27

Fat got a bad rap.

I hope you manage to dodge the many well studied negative health effects of a high meat diet, though.

Meanwhile, on the global diet for arguably the dirtiest of the fossil-death-fuels...

The global coal boom finally seems to be winding down

...annual BP Statistical Review of World Energy reveals, global demand for coal has fallen for the second year in a row...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/16/the-glob ... -down.html
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Sun 25 Jun 2017, 08:02:17

Bought some new jeans Saturday. I've gone from a size 42 waist to a 38 waist.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Medical Issues Forum