Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Want to do something about peak oil?

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Want to do something about peak oil?

Unread postby Kate54321 » Fri 06 Oct 2006, 15:13:48

New member. I just thought I'd let anybody around Iowa and the midwest area know about a website/corporation that me and two other people are working on: http://iowapeakoil.tripod.com. It's under heavy construction at the moment but a lot of the categories are in there so you can see what's coming up.
Kate54321
Wood
Wood

Re: Want to do something about peak oil?

Unread postby NEOPO » Fri 06 Oct 2006, 15:53:25

Welcome Kate.
You seem motivated - excellent.

Although we may joke - use it as constructive criticism please.
Most of these guys/gals are afraid PO or even the viability of alternatives will be construed and/or misrepresented and I dont think this fear is unfounded.

Search this forum for specific help and please read the mother of all biofuels debate.

Pstarr - heheh THERE IS NO WAY OUT!!! ;-)
It is easier to enslave a people that wish to remain free then it is to free a people who wish to remain enslaved.
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Fergus » Fri 06 Oct 2006, 17:46:25

pstarr wrote:There is a possibility of remaking the world around solar and wind if we could electrify our transport system. That would mean buying up right-of-ways, removing structures in denser areas and of course upgrading the grid. This would be a massive undertaking. probably undoable

The rest are mythds. Biofuels are ridiculous. Tar sands and especially shale oil are dirty pipedreams (like the gunk you find inside and behind the screen on your bowl NEAPO) and will never account for much at all. hydrogen is an excuse for doing nothing.

But its not gunna stop some from trying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061006/ts ... technology
Fergus
Coal
Coal

Unread postby RonMN » Fri 06 Oct 2006, 20:36:23

Welcome Kate,

I'm not doing anything for PO because i've already found the sollution. Since oil production is measured in "barrels" (84 million barrels per day, give or take)...I've decided that all we have to do is each year we make barrels a little bit smaller. That way every year we'll be producing more "barrels" than last year :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
RonMN
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jeezlouise » Fri 06 Oct 2006, 21:29:09

RonMN wrote:Welcome Kate,

I'm not doing anything for PO because i've already found the sollution. Since oil production is measured in "barrels" (84 million barrels per day, give or take)...I've decided that all we have to do is each year we make barrels a little bit smaller. That way every year we'll be producing more "barrels" than last year :)

Nice... that's just crazy enough to work, actually! Kinda like decreasing "serving size" until it seems like you're eating healthy.
jeezlouise
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby NEOPO » Fri 06 Oct 2006, 22:25:15

How do you know I use a bowl with screens and scrape gunk off of it just to get a resin tar hit like a crack head!!!?!!? is there a camera in my moniter!!?!?!? I knew that used moniter salesman was an agent!!?!?
It is easier to enslave a people that wish to remain free then it is to free a people who wish to remain enslaved.
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Return to Welcome