Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Police Brutality Thread Pt. 3

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Police Brutality Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 16 Nov 2020, 08:10:15

You set the context when you claim Republicans are a cult. In the context of a cult you had expressed your desire for them to commit suicide. Roughly 150 million if your fellow Americans! 8O

In what context is such a desire NOT an expression of disturbed psyche? :cry:

In what context are such expressed desires not worrisome? :(
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 16 Nov 2020, 16:50:19

Newf said:

"Republicans are a cult"

This we can agree on! :)

(Now do you enjoy having your words taken out of context? :) )

But to specify, they are a DEATH cult. They are already in the process of killing themselves off as fast as possible, as far as I can see.

As I have made clear in the original and for upteen times since, I just prefer that they do it elsewhere, if they're going to off themselves, as they seem to be doing.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 31 Dec 2020, 17:12:43

I'm only gonna post a few more times on this forum, which seems to be dying anyway, so I may not be able to enlighten those will I'm sure that they know for sure better than I do what is going on basically in my own back yard....

But you are likely to hear about this soon if you haven't already: a Black man was shot dead just a few blocks from the site of the Floyd lynching last evening. Details at this point still seem to be a bit murky. Body cam footage is supposed to be released at any minute.

But this could well cause another round of protest and perhaps more, at least locally, and perhaps far beyond, as happened with Floyd.

Please don't just automatically believe whatever the cops and the right wing media feed you about this. (tho I know that will fall on at least some deaf ears)
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 31 Dec 2020, 21:22:34

dohboi wrote:I'm only gonna post a few more times on this forum, which seems to be dying anyway

So sorry to hear you are going to stop posting, Doh.

dohboi wrote: you are likely to hear about this soon if you haven't already: a Black man was shot dead just a few blocks from the site of the Floyd lynching last evening. Details at this point still seem to be a bit murky. Body cam footage is supposed to be released at any minute. But this could well cause another round of protest and perhaps more, at least locally, and perhaps far beyond, as happened with Floyd.
Please don't just automatically believe whatever the cops and the right wing media feed you about this.

The body cam video has now been released and it confirms what the heroic police offices said......the police were making a traffic stop of a known felon, and the felon refused to exit his car or otherwise cooperate with the police and then shot from his car at the police. The heroic police officers returned fire and killed the man.

I gather some protests have already occurred in Minneapolis over this shooting. This is most unfortunate, IMHO, because the police only shot this man after he started firing at them. Rather than condemning the police for defending themselves and killing the man who shot at them, I think the police should be supported for doing such an excellent job of protecting the public by killing this man before he hurt anyone else.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 31 Dec 2020, 23:27:58

"heroic police offices"

Wow, I didn't realize that offices could be so heroic! :D

These sorry p's of s couldn't just stop and let this guy shoot his gun out and then go arrest him, like they did with a white dude just a few weeks ago who had shot his wife and two neighbors??

What kind of heroism is it when, even when your city has told you to use the least deadly force possible, blows eight holes in a guys head, a guy who has absolutely no where to go, is completely boxed in, who...all you have to do is wait him out and he's gonna have nothing else to do but give up.

cops aren't supposed to be the trial, judge, and executioner, especially in a state that doesn't have executions....

But thanks for making my very point, P. Some of you will never get a f'n clue...one of several reasons I am jumping off this sinking, sad and increasingly pathetic ship

To recycle some meme (and we're all into recycling, right? :) :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x67t0sp

And of course the classic: "I have not come through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm..." :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpmid25B_5E
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 01 Jan 2021, 02:22:01

dohboi wrote:These sorry p's of s couldn't just stop and let this guy shoot his gun out and then go arrest him

You don't seem to fully understand the situation there. The"guy" fired off his gun in an attempt to kill people. Once the perpetrator started shooting, the police were absolutely right to stop him before he could kill someone. You don't seem to understand that guns can be reloaded with new ammunition so there is no way to know when the guy had finish "shooting his gun out" as you put it. Think about it....would you want to be the guy going up to the perp's car to ask him if he was done shooting his gun out?

The perp had previously been arrested for firing off a stolen gun within a house, endangering two small children on the other side of a wall. Thats how people get killed in random shootings.....some idiot is shooting his gun and...guess what....he winds up killing an innocent person. And this idiot had already almost killed two little kids "shooting his gun out" inside a house.

Your idea that the police should let him "shoot his gun out" is basically idiotic. Every bullet the perp in the car fired off had a chance of killing a police officer or traveling far beyond the scene to kill some innocent person in the store on on the street or in the homes around the crime scene. Don't you care if some innocent children or a mom gets killed while the perp is "shooting his gun out" as you suggest?

IMHO the heroic police officers did the right thing in shooting him immediately after he shot at them first, both to protect themselves and to protect innocent civilians in the area.

dohboi wrote:... a guy who has absolutely no where to go, is completely boxed in, who...all you have to do is wait him out and he's gonna have nothing else to do but give up.

Your claim that the "guy" had "nothing else to do but give up" Isn't true. The guy had a gun and he was shooting at people. He could easily have killed a police officer or an innocent bystander. Thank goodness the police took him out so quickly before he could kill or maim some innocent person.

dohboi wrote:.... I am jumping off this sinking, sad and increasingly pathetic ship

I'm going to miss you, Doh, even if no one else will.

Good luck to you.

AND If you really think so little of this chat site and the people who post here, then I can't imagine why you are still posting here.

Personally, I like this site. I like the way people have been chatting together for years now and I like the mods and I like the topics....and I like some of the people who post here.

I even like you.

But you have to decide what you is best for you.....and you've decided to go.

So go. Once more I say good bye to you. And I want you to know.....there is a bright side to all of this.....You leaving is a "win-win" situation. You leave, and that will make you happy, but once you leave the average IQ of the entire site will go up significantly so you will be doing us all a favor as well.

Win-win.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 01 Jan 2021, 22:08:15

I watched the body-cam footage and I am with Plant on this one. The guy clear shot first when surrounded by armed police officers. That is a option known as "Suicide by cop" around this part of the country.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 01 Jan 2021, 23:35:23

Unprecendented spike in crimes and murders occurring in cities across the USA

record-spike-murders-2020

During the Obama administration the term "Ferguson Effect" was coined to describe what happened to a city after the police were demonized for so-called "brutality". It turns out there is pretty much a direct correlation between demonizing the police and not supporting the police and defunding the police and a rise in crime rate and murder.

When the police pull back and stand down, criminals and murderers step up their activity-----that is the Ferguson Effect.

Now, in the aftermath of the Black Lives Matters protests that demonized police across the country, we are seeing a nationwide "Ferguson Effect."

I expected a big increase in crime to happen from the very moment that the mayor of Minneapolis told his police force to pull back and stand as rioters and arsonists and thieves destroyed parts of his city.

And now its happened.....not only in Minneapolis but in other cities that followed down the footsteps of Minneapolis.

The Ferguson Effect is very real.

The Ferguson Effect....demonize and attack and defund the police and---surprise surprise---- criminal activity increases.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 08 Jan 2021, 14:48:37

Police 'unbrutality' anyone? The Capital insurrection on 1/6/2020 is your evidence. White privilege in full display and open arms :-)

If they were French, they would have double kissed, I think.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jan 2021, 19:40:39

jedrider wrote:Police 'unbrutality' anyone? The Capital insurrection on 1/6/2020 is your evidence. White privilege in full display and open arms .

You are ignoring the fact that the Capitol Hill police shot and killed one of the rioters in the White House.

The claim that getting shot and killed by the police constitutes "white privilege" is one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Sat 09 Jan 2021, 08:55:42

The Insurrectionists Would Like You to Know That They’re the Real Victims
The perpetrators of the assault on the Capitol and their sympathizers in the media and Congress lost little time in claiming the mantle of victimhood.

In an absurd video statement released this morning, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida tried to have it every way he could. He condemned the riot and warned against seeking “political shelter in divisive political movements and in conspiracy theories,” but instantly pivoted to talking about the real problem: the press.

The idea that the real victims of the attempted coup are Trump and his supporters comes directly from the president. He has portrayed himself as the victim in chief throughout his time in office, as Yuval Levin noted, and his decisive loss in November has only amplified his already huge grievance.

“I know your pain. I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 16 Jan 2021, 10:58:07

Plantagenet wrote:
jedrider wrote:Police 'unbrutality' anyone? The Capital insurrection on 1/6/2020 is your evidence. White privilege in full display and open arms .

You are ignoring the fact that the Capitol Hill police shot and killed one of the rioters in the White House.

The claim that getting shot and killed by the police constitutes "white privilege" is one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

Cheers!

Let's pretend that one tiny event in the entire mess indicates how the police behaved overall. :roll:

Typical of your political games and cherry picking, but nothing remotely approaching reality.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Sat 16 Jan 2021, 18:08:10

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:

Cheers!

Let's pretend that one tiny event in the entire mess indicates how the police behaved overall. :roll:

Typical of your political games and cherry picking, but nothing remotely approaching reality.

The reality is that dozens of protesters who broke into the Capitol have been arrested and authorities are making a great effort to identify and arrest more of them. There is special interest in protesters who assaulted a Capitol security officer who later died of his injuries and protesters who may have planned to kill some members of Congress and possibly the Vice President. Being white isn't going to save some of these protesters from doing serious jail time.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 17 Jan 2021, 12:34:32

Pops wrote:
The Insurrectionists Would Like You to Know That They’re the Real Victims
The perpetrators of the assault on the Capitol and their sympathizers in the media and Congress lost little time in claiming the mantle of victimhood.

In an absurd video statement released this morning, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida tried to have it every way he could. He condemned the riot and warned against seeking “political shelter in divisive political movements and in conspiracy theories,” but instantly pivoted to talking about the real problem: the press.

The idea that the real victims of the attempted coup are Trump and his supporters comes directly from the president. He has portrayed himself as the victim in chief throughout his time in office, as Yuval Levin noted, and his decisive loss in November has only amplified his already huge grievance.

“I know your pain. I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us.

But we were always being told that it was the African Americans decrying racism as playing the victimization card.

Geez, an aweful lot of Americans feeling like victims these days.

This is actually a pretty good foundation to build consensus with the disenfranchised currently on opposite sides of the fabricated culture wars and political divide.

The monied class, those 1% , really have done a great job of compartmentalizing the victims. We do the same here on our pastures at Mount Totumas putting up fences to separate the bulls from the calves from the milk cow. It works Great!!!
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 14 Apr 2021, 17:33:49

New troubles are breeding in Minneapolis...
Seems that officers there are confusing gun with a stun gun (or their lawyers are teaching them how to lie :-D ).
They didn't learn anything, did they?
Fine.
Another 1000 of businesses and cars need burning to remind them how to behave.
I am all for that.
Good job BLM - now time to avenge - until society which supports police banditry is either reformed or (failing that) disassembled.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 15 Apr 2021, 12:31:34

Interesting how the right here on PeakOil prefers to comment on the Civil War thread rather than a thread more related to White Supremacy :evil:

Why This Keeps Happening in Minneapolis
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/04/minneapolis-police-shooting-daunte-wright-protest-goals.html

What’s wrong with Minneapolis is the complete dismissal of its own problems and deeply embedded racism. There is victory and there is progress to be had with white spaces and white community members that are willing to talk about race, but in a predominantly white state, city, and community that refuses to talk about its racial issues, not only can there be no progress, there’s resistance to keep the comfort. In New Jersey, they have the saying: “Only the strong survive.” In Minnesota, only the passive survive. People do not talk about race here. And the more you don’t talk about race, the more electable you are. The inherent problem with Minnesota is the fact that the community perceives itself as nice and welcoming, when really it has one of the longest, deep-seated histories of racism. This is where sundown towns started. A sundown town is where the sun goes down and you’re not white, you go home—otherwise there’s going to be hell to pay. That started here. That’s what this is.

She was on the force longer than Daunte was alive. So I don’t know how you mistake one for the other. But let’s go back even further. Let’s say she actually thought it was a Taser. Let’s, in some freakish, strange, upside-down, Stranger Things world—let’s give her the benefit of the doubt. Why is she grabbing for that anyway? You’re out in suburban Minnesota. You’ll catch this man if you need to find him. There’s really nowhere to go. You got the license plates. The question is why did she feel the need to go for any weapon. For air fresheners? Why is that even the move? Regardless of what we think if it’s an accident or not, she shouldn’t have had her hand on anything, and you can see the look on the Black officer’s face afterwards in the bodycam. Like, “What the fuck are you doing?” I want to know what he thinks, without the protection of the blue line. So, no, I don’t believe her. I don’t think it was an accident. She’s a 26-year veteran who can’t tell the difference between a Taser and a gun? Then they shouldn’t be a police officer. She surely has no business being the president of the police union in Brooklyn Center either.

So, this is exactly the type of material that belongs in the 'Civil War' thread, but is 'purposely' overlooked and sidestepped.

Let's face it, the white backlash against 'democracy' is clearly present in our police forces and in our armed services. Shocking? Yes. Surprising? Well, no.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 15 Apr 2021, 12:41:49

jedrider wrote:Interesting how the right here on PeakOil prefers to comment on the Civil War thread rather than a thread more related to White Supremacy :evil:
Let's face it, the white backlash against 'democracy' is clearly present in our police forces and in our armed services. Shocking? Yes. Surprising? Well, no.

Forget it Jedrider. You can't discuss this with posters leaning to the right because they are to busy telling you they are color blind and not racist.

THe self deluded do not know embarrassment which is why we need to shame them back into their holes.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 15 Apr 2021, 13:59:07

There is nothing racist there.

All what is going on is that when (usually white) police officer sees a black guy (or girl) s/he is simply confusing them with a monkey, pulls gun like on hunting range and fires few shots to get a trophy. :-D :-D :-D

Well, one way or another this practice must end and if not then why not to treat police officer as a trophy too?
Why not to turn hunters into hunted?
Nothing else seems to work and time is running out.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 15 Apr 2021, 23:25:05

jedrider wrote: ....the white backlash against 'democracy' is clearly present in our police forces and in our armed services.

There is no "white backlash" against democracy.

Your suggestion that white people oppose democracy is extremely ignorant, IMHO.

You don't seem to be aware that white Europeans invented democracy over 2000 years ago and white Americans and then white Europeans created and developed what we call democracy today over the course of the last two centuries.

Hey guys! I know its hard to believe but ignorant people in the distant future won't even know that we invented democracy!

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Fri 16 Apr 2021, 02:40:51

Plantagenet wrote:
jedrider wrote: ....the white backlash against 'democracy' is clearly present in our police forces and in our armed services.

There is no "white backlash" against democracy.

Your suggestion that white people oppose democracy is extremely ignorant, IMHO.

You don't seem to be aware that white Europeans invented democracy over 2000 years ago and white Americans and then white Europeans created and developed what we call democracy today over the course of the last two centuries.

For what I know natives of PNG were running something resembling democracy before they were contacted first time in 1930-thies.
It was not very advanced but democratic features were predominant.

Also - when you look on US you will find out that democracy doesn't work well these days.
Now it is more like kleptocracy.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion