Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peakoil.com is a Mausoleum to the Doomer Mindset

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Peakoil.com is a Mausoleum to the Doomer Mindset

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 19:42:28

SeaGypsy wrote:you are a "nothing left but cockroaches at the end of all this" doomer, who endlessly harrasses[sic] more rational posters than yourself.

OK, let's continue. Give me an example of a "more rational poster".

And again, why should the population count matter exactly? Is there something in the peakoil.com charter that says you can't be here unless you live in redneck-ville or a red-state?

And you're damn right I'm a "nothing left but cockroaches" doomer. It's just that I don't think that "nothing left but cockroaches" scenario is going to play out literally TOMORROW nor do I think its proximate cause is peak-oil or ETP-flavored peak-oil. There is no contradiction.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 19:47:47

I asked you first, why? Your answer: because there's no rule against me being here, isn't an answer.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 19:55:25

SeaGypsy wrote:Mosennui ...hasn't gotten over it for at least 2 years tells me ..... he's still stuck in the same boring urbane mental death trap.

So mos-ennie has held a grudge against you for two years? Only two years?

Thats nothing.

mos-ennie is still obsessing over Sarah Palin because I flip-flopped and dropped my support for Obama in the 2008 election some 8 years ago. AND this whole nasty thread mos-ennie just started comes from a grudge mos-ennie holds again some long-vanished "quick-doom" posters from 11 years ago.

If that kind of grudge-holding sounds nutty to you, its because it is nutty. Nutty and extended grudge-holding like mos-ennie exhibits is a diagnostic criteria for identifying people who have mental health problems associated with a paranoid personality disorder or PPD.

Our mos-ennie isn't a raving paranoid that the men in white are going to come and take away. Our mos-ennie is a high functioning and relatively intelligent person who suffers from a mental disorder that makes him/her extremely sensitive to real or imagined slights, and prone to hold grudges for years or even decades and to lash out repeatedly at those he/she holds grudges against (in this case, those of us who post here along with mos-ennie-PPD).

Paranoid personality disorder appears to have a genetically link, in some cases, so mos-ennie probably has little conscious control over his/her behavior. Basically we've got a s situation where Mos-ennie gets upset about something, mos-ennie holds a grudge, and then mos-ennie rants online essentially forever lashing out at whoever and about whatever set off the original grudge

Its wonderfully nutty. We've got all types at this site, we might as well have a paranoid personality disorder nut job as well. :lol:

Cheers!

PS---The above quote from a person with PPD explains how they see world---This is how mos-eenie sees the other posters here. Its hard, but try not to take seriously what he/she posts about you personally. Its just a symptom of mos-eenies rather obvious and persistent psychiatric problems.
Last edited by Plantagenet on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 19:58:53, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 19:58:44

Planty, you didn't "withdraw your support". You started a personal crusade to malign him worse than a Fox News sock-puppet. And that's fine, if you wanted to do this outside of the forum, but you chose to spam the shit out of this forum day in and day out and you're still at it. To me, that's OT. I'm not the only one who has called you on your ODS spamming. I've just been the most vocal critic of your behavior. So stop singling me out and look in the f*cking mirror. I don't get on your back when you post something rational (like saying it's a glut). I only get on your back when you waste our time with more tiresome Obama political cartoons. Believe me, I'm not the only one who is annoyed by it, and you've spent more time in my ignore filter than out of it.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:03:05

pstarr wrote:Sea, you do have the rare gift of gab. Tnx a lot. Care, that would not be the end of it. The rejected masochist would cry and generate sympathy from dohboi. Then he would cry. Around and around it goes.

Did you catch his edit? F#ck what a goose.

Using the cafe metaphor, Mos is the guy who shows up every morning, sits in the corner pretending to read the paper, listening to the grown ups at the big table. About the third double shot latte, he somewhat hesitantly jumps up, shaking a bit from caffeine overload, approaches. Everyone does an eye roll, here we go again, as he stands over the group & picks a theme everyone is wrong about, especially one or other. Collective, oh f#ck here we go again, who is gonna bite this time? Round & round it goes. When this process is explained, pointed out, Mosennui predictably changes the topic, tells the adults they are an echo chamber, tries to drag someone into some inane ego trip argument where he can assert his intellectual prowess. Someone usually responds (for sh#ts & giggles) only to be accused of only being at the table for sh#ts & giggles. Somewhere on the autism spectrum is the only way this makes any sense. I guess someone has to hold the autistic table, it used to have a crowd all it's own, maybe when it gets busy again, Mos can be the big brain who knows how to snark at the other guys. Sheesh.
Last edited by SeaGypsy on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:07:45, edited 2 times in total.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:06:01

SeaGypsy wrote:I asked you first, why? Your answer: because there's no rule against me being here, isn't an answer.

Why what?

I really don't know what you're talking about as far as some perceived grudge I am supposed to have with you. When the site's technical problems spiked here, the ignore filter got reset but I'm pretty sure I had you on ignore. I don't know exactly why. I think it had to do with you expressing palestinian terrorist apologia (you know, the usual 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter') which would have been reason enough to throw you in the ignore filter. But it may have been some other reason. Either way, I don't think we've had much in the way of back and forth at all and I haven't really missed out because of it. The grudges I've had with PStarr and Planty are far more significant than anything you've imagined. The reason I quit the site back in the day was being fed up with Planty.

I mean, it's fine for this thread to be sort of a Fight Club where people can take the gloves off, though. Go right ahead, as long as everyone's willing to both dish it out AND take it. But the way things are going you'll just go right back in my ignore filter.
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:07:22

ennui2 wrote:....shit out of this forum day in and day out ....

Yes, of course. Everyone made you angry. Its all so confusing---all those different people with different ideas. I see why you get so angry

Time to let it go.

Now try to think calm thoughts, eenie.

Let go of that anger. Time to let it go. Now relax. Now shake it off. AHHHH.

Isn't it a wonderful day today?

Ahhhh. Feel those fingers and toes.

Is't life a fantastic adventure?

AND Isn't this grand posting here at peak oil.com? We've got people from all over the world posting here. How nice to talk with people from all over the world.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:21:04

"...ignore filter..." & the guy thinks he's a mature adult!

I have sometimes found your posts worthwhile, mostly when you speak from the first person about your real life. When you step into this, you write well. When you get snarky, which is most of the time, you are like the angry teenager who throws in a handful of sand while doing a voluntary oil change, basically a vandal.

(P & P & C it's nice most parts of the world at equinox, enjoy! It's a stunning sunny morning in far southern Oz, the girls are deciding what we do today....;) )
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 20:38:31

SeaGypsy wrote:When you get snarky

Yeah, like I'm the only one who snarks on this forum. It's not about snark. It's simply about being on the other side of an issue.

Speaking of which--prove to me this site isn't a mausoleum.

The fact someone can lob personal insults at another doesn't constitute the presence of a vibrant discussion.
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SumYunGai » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 21:30:01

ennui2 wrote:Speaking of which--prove to me this site isn't a mausoleum.

I thought it wasn't fair to ask someone to prove a negative.

ennui2 wrote:The fact someone can lob personal insults at another doesn't constitute the presence of a vibrant discussion.

That is true. Although, much like rap music, if the personal insults are humorous, well constructed, and on topic, it can still be pretty entertaining. But you are basically correct about the lack of vibrant discussion.
SumYunGai
Permanently Banned

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 21:45:44

SumYunGai wrote:

Fine. Prove that peak-oil is relevant.

Need I trot out the google trend chart again that shows how peakoil has fallen completely off people's radar? Now it's just an obscure punch-line in a cartoon.

I think you'll find that the AGW topic is several orders of magnitude more relevant than peak-oil, despite the fact most people's response to it is to just shrug their shoulders and keep on carrying on.
Last edited by ennui2 on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 22:15:51, edited 1 time in total.
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 22:12:27

ralfy wrote:The title thread can only be true if oil production costs plummet and diminishing returns are reversed.

Is this all an idea you learned at LATOC? Tell us Ralfy, when Matt exposed the inner workings of his website, you being a contributor there and all, did you fall into Matt's "poster's looking for a daddy figure" group, or the "psycho religuous nutters" side of the house? He didn't leave much room in those categories for anyone knowing any real information, and certainly I have already demonstrate links to dropping production costs, yet for some reason, you just...don't...get it.

I think I'll go with the psycho religious nutters gang for now, because they are the type most likely to ignore data and just make things up.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 22:14:31

ennui2 wrote:Here's where peak-oil exists in the realm of pop-culture these days, a punch-line. Yes, this is current.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62tiluoqHRw

Oh that was hysterical.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 23:46:59

SumYunGai wrote:

ennui2 wrote:The fact someone can lob personal insults at another doesn't constitute the presence of a vibrant discussion.

That is true. Although, much like rap music, if the personal insults are humorous, well constructed, and on topic, it can still be pretty entertaining. But you are basically correct about the lack of vibrant discussion.

This post case in point, started out like it was going somewhere then wussed out. Time for a bong I guess.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 23:56:45

pstarr wrote:ennui, it's nice to have friends. You and adam . . . are you on the same payroll? Or is adam the only one employed as an shale-oil investment firm shill? You could try harder next year for an internship?

But I am thinking the hot air you both spill might be a threat to the ionosphere :-x

Not many jobs for B grade rocket scientists these days. These two are like those long term unemployed Japanese guys who dress up & catch the train like they are going to work, then sit in the corner of our hipster cafe wishing some hot chicks would come in, getting annoyed with those of us who are here for the quality of the conversation. 5.00 guys, your train is coming, chop Choo Choo!
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SumYunGai » Sun 04 Sep 2016, 00:53:21

SeaGypsy wrote:
SumYunGai wrote:

This post case in point, started out like it was going somewhere then wussed out. Time for a bong I guess.

Wow, everyone's a critic I guess. You were laying into ennui pretty good there. I was just passing through, so, in the spirit of camaraderie, or at least in the basic recognition that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, I left a quick comment you might have found at least a little funny under the circumstances. It figures you didn't. Thanks.

I feel you have offended my honor. I think the only way to settle this fairly is a one up contest to see who can best call ennui out on his bullshit. But you are too far ahead of me already. Maybe we could start a new thread on the topic. :mrgreen:
SumYunGai
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion