Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Record number of Americans renouncing citizenship

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Record number of Americans renouncing citizenship

Unread postby Gsearch » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 07:25:08

You can only force Communist level taxation, a culture of national shame, fat gargiyle women and unbrididled turd world immigration on a people before they pack up and take their job-creating, nation-building monetary and biological wealth along with them. Democrats... Destroyers of America since 1965.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/recor ... le/2575085
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Re: Record number of Americans renouncing citizenship

Unread postby GHung » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 09:50:02

Yeah, some people can only tolerate fat, bigoted, religiose, intolerant, arrogant, under-educated, self-important neo-cons for so long. Better to move somewhere they can associate with adults not suffering from extreme hubris and exceptionalism who actually know WTF they're talking about.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ennui2 » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 16:03:04

^^^^ This board needs a like button.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dolph9 » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 16:44:29

The "record" number of American citizens renouncing citizenship is dwarfed by those coming in and those wanting to come in.

To be fair, I don't blame any of these expats if they have a better life elsewhere and don't want Uncle Sam on their backs. But, you really can't draw any conclusions from this.

If immigrants stop coming to America, then you will surely know something is up.
dolph9
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 16:50:26

The US allows multiple citizenship. There is no need to renounce US citizenship. For example I am both US and Canadian.

Germany, ironically, has much tighter citenzenship regulations. My Wife had to renounce German citizenship upon becoming American citizen.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 17:42:45

I am in the very unusual position of being a dual US Citizen with a US Passport but no SS number, therefore no tax obligation there. If I want to work legally in the US I would have to get SS- IRS accounts & start lodging tax there yearly for the rest of my working life, unless I renounce. I am better off with the status quo, work & tax in Australia, US Passport for the places such is convenient, Aussie the rest. I do dream about going back & doing stuff there, but the tax situation is a throwoff. Also my wife & kids are not entitled to green card- Citizenship there unless I go back & work there 2 years first, a major drag.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 18:32:58

Pretty much my situation here, already have US SS but have never worked in Canada.

Still nice to travel under that flag.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Gsearch » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 23:23:55

Newfie wrote:The US allows multiple citizenship. There is no need to renounce US citizenship. For example I am both US and Canadian.

The United States taxes the earnings of citizens living abroad, so yes there is indeed a need to renounce one's citizenship if one lives in another country.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Gsearch » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 23:29:04

SeaGypsy wrote:I am in the very unusual position of being a dual US Citizen with a US Passport but no SS number, therefore no tax obligation there. If I want to work legally in the US I would have to get SS- IRS accounts & start lodging tax there yearly for the rest of my working life, unless I renounce. I am better off with the status quo, work & tax in Australia, US Passport for the places such is convenient, Aussie the rest. I do dream about going back & doing stuff there, but the tax situation is a throwoff. Also my wife & kids are not entitled to green card- Citizenship there unless I go back & work there 2 years first, a major drag.

I suggest you hire a tax lawyer immediately because you likely have hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax penalties and millions in fines to pay, or else life imprisonment. Not having an SS number does not exclude you from tax obligations and it sounds like you've racked up a ton.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Gsearch » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 23:36:27

dolph9 wrote:The "record" number of American citizens renouncing citizenship is dwarfed by those coming in and those wanting to come in.

Most from war torn nations like Mexico and Syria, and third world countries. People who will cost trillions to educate, if possible, and contribjte nothing of productive value, and cost the country trillions in criminal activity.

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people who gawk over turd world immigration to America. OH AMERICA MUST BE SOOOOOOOO GREAT IF MESSICANS WANNA COME HERE!!!!!!!!!! No one from Japan, Switzerland, Lithuanaia, etc wants to move here.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 29 Oct 2015, 23:43:30

You don't know shit G. How many US Citizens do you know who left there without requiring a SSN? None obviously. If the IRS or DoS were interested in my 9 zeros on my SSN slot on my passport renewals they would have said something by now.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Gsearch » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 00:30:12

SeaGypsy wrote:You don't know shit G. How many US Citizens do you know who left there without requiring a SSN? None obviously. If the IRS or DoS were interested in my 9 zeros on my SSN slot on my passport renewals they would have said something by now.

I'm afraid you don't know shit, G. Not having an SSN does not void your obligations to pay taxes as an American citizen. All US citizens must pay taxes. The IRS doesn't look at your passport and the DoS isn't concerned about your taxes.. You need to get lawyer first thing in the morning and file for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number so you can come clean with the IRS and maybe avoid lifetime imprisonment. Anything in your bank account and any assets you own including your house are about to be taken by the IRS because of your ignorance.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 01:42:12

You are wrong. I have had loads of contact with the USG over the years, I know my exact situation & I am not obliged to do shit in the USA. I exist to only the birth registry & passport office until such time as my legal entity does something to enact SS & IRS files.
Last edited by SeaGypsy on Fri 30 Oct 2015, 01:44:16, edited 1 time in total.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 01:42:49

Gsearch wrote:I'm afraid you don't know shit, G. Not having an SSN does not void your obligations to pay taxes as an American citizen. All US citizens must pay taxes. The IRS doesn't look at your passport and the DoS isn't concerned about your taxes.. You need to get lawyer first thing in the morning and file for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number so you can come clean with the IRS and maybe avoid lifetime imprisonment. Anything in your bank account and any assets you own including your house are about to be taken by the IRS because of your ignorance.

We have plenty of "corporate" citizens who pay no taxes. Maybe its because they don't have a SS number?
But the courts say they are "people".
Which is more conservative bullshit.
"It don't make no sense that common sense don't make no sense no more"
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Gsearch » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 02:30:36

SeaGypsy wrote:You are wrong. I have had loads of contact with the USG over the years, I know my exact situation & I am not obliged to do shit in the USA. I exist to only the birth registry & passport office until such time as my legal entity does something to enact SS & IRS files.

Hahahaha oh my G, you sound ready to join the many thousands of young men behind bars today who never thought they were doing anything illegal. If you play with fire you will inevitably get burned.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 02:51:33

Laugh away gigglepot. As if I give a fuck. My father took us out of there in good time, I got nothing from there but a receipt of birth & the two bits of paper required to leave. I have zero obligation to your war god government & I'm glad I don't. Likewise excepting I call on my embassy, the USG has no obligation to me, including none to register my children's citizenship by descent.

I am a cannabis expert though & recent developments have spiked my interest in the emerging med can industry, so I may wind up biting the bullet some day. Being a criminal all my adult life in Australia has been tough, especially those, um zero days in prison lol.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby ohanian » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 07:41:53

SeaGypsy, you are safe as long as you never step foot on USA.

USA will never send any men to take you out, if you do not believe me, just ask Osama.
ohanian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Gsearch » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 08:38:48

SeaGypsy wrote:
I am a cannabis expert.

Damn, that's one hell of an expertise.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 08:39:26

Bullocks, I have been back 4 times. Nothing happens. I can't do a lot though without an SSN. Job applications look pretty dodgy with 000,000,000 on em. Same for bank accounts. I'm locked out of the US financial system until I change my status. Even if I went tomorrow & got my SSN, its minimum 2 years contributions before I am entitled to take out a cent, ever, & before I can sponsor my wife or kids to live there. They would get tourist visas only until that point, then if I quit the job & come back to Oz, I am stuck with annual IRS reports for the rest of my life, short of renouncing US Citizenship. At this stage it doesn't make much sense to move there at all. Quite likely never will.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 08:42:01

Gsearch wrote:
SeaGypsy wrote:
I am a cannabis expert.

Damn, that's one hell of an expertise.

Compared to your Masters in Horse Ploppy, yep.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Next

Return to North America Discussion