Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Casual Marijuana Use Causes Brain Damage

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

Re: Harvard study: casual marijuana use causes brain damage

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 27 Nov 2015, 23:37:15

The discovery of physical brain damage---ie destructions of the white nerve cells between the two half of the brain--- is a new risk.

This adds to previous discoveries that marijuana smoking increases the likelihood of serious psychosis, including schizophrenia by about 500% (i.e. 5 times more risk). Maybe this new finding that marijuana causes rotting of nerve cells in the brain leads to schizophrenia, or maybe some other variety of marijuana brain damage is to blame.

medicalnewstoday

cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 28 Nov 2015, 01:32:10

Ah, Marijuana, the devil's weed lol! We usually prefer the correct term- medical cannabis, which like any other medicine, can have side affects, conflict with other medications, requires moderation & responsible adult supervision for new prescriptions. However there is no evidence that cannabis is more dangerous, a lot of evidence it is less dangerous, than common over the counter analgesics etc. Cannabis is thousands of times safer than aspirin or paracetamol, which can be universally bought without a prescription. Cannabis can affectively treat otherwise untreatable epilepsy, nausea related tissue wastage in cancer patients & appears to present many other potentially important medical uses. The same plant also produces- long chain fatty acids (healthy dietary oils) & has been the top fibre plant for millennia. Cannabis is to important for the Devil's weed people to be in control any more. Their stupid policies & agendas have destroyed untold millions of lives & it is high time this was over.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 28 Nov 2015, 01:59:59

SeaGypsy wrote: the Devil's weed people

Who are the "Devil's weed people"?

Do you mean the doctors and research scientists who are finding that marijuana causes brain damage and a greatly increased incidence of psychosis?

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 28 Nov 2015, 04:20:16

I mean you & yeah those guys taking money for bullshit research into a product which is very obviously not significantly dangerous. Every one of these tiny little studies you blather on about can be contradicted, Google it. I don't take on the task of advertising cannabis or any other popular consumer product, I'm just responding to your spam.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 28 Nov 2015, 12:14:44

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... l_cannabis
Cannabis used as a wonder drug for 10000 yrs especially for medical purposes
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby JacobMadison » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:12:38

Lead Poisoning Due to Adulterated Marijuana in Leipzig

... Five hundred ninety-seven marijuana consumers (439 men, 158 women; age 26.9 ± 4.8 years) had their blood lead levels measured at the local health office. Among them, 27.3% had lead levels above the HBM-II threshold ...

Well?
JacobMadison
Wood
Wood

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:18:46

Yes this is a widespread problem with various illicit narcotics that they are sometimes adulterated with other even worse ingredients. Very risky.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby JacobMadison » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:21:38

Since we were talking about how you could get brain damage from casual marijuana, did the Harvard study test for anything? It's the same story over and over again. "Health Care" professionals do not test for lead. All doctors who have to make it in a capitalistic system end up with conflict of interest issues.

You want conspiracy? How about Flint, MI?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjLa6gyCBA

There are things that have yet to be revealed to the public:
The Ethyl Controversy (PDF, 9.7 MB)
by WJ Kovarik - ‎1993

... The breakthrough came in 1992, when I checked with what was then the General Motors Institute (now Kettering University) in Flynt, Michigan.[sic] I learned that 80 linear feet of “unimportant” archives from the office of leaded gasoline inventor Thomas A. Midgley Jr had been released only a few months beforehand. No one had taken the time to look through the mass of disorganized unclassified material. A former Marine colonel and US Energy Department official, William Holmberg, thought it might be important and insisted that I spend a week in Flynt going through the archives. Holmberg was absolutely right. Most of what we
historians now know about the context of the development of leaded gasoline has come from those archives — despite a rather large collection of historical information still (as of December, 2013) being withheld by industry. (Specifically, the successors to the Ethyl Corp., such as Afton Chemical and New Market Inc.) ...

... I was aware, for instance, that Ethyl critics had been attacked in past decades, notably Clair Patterson of Cal Tech and Herbert Needleman of the University of Pittsburgh. ...

... Leaving aside the question of whether history is, in itself, a promotional endeavor, or whether historians should or should not “investigate,” or even whether ethanol is or isn’t net energy positive (here, reasonable people differ), the criticism was the
strongest of any that directly came my way. ...

Show me one shred of evidence that the root cause of the brain damage was not lead. Why can't you reproduce their work at home?

What if there was a conspiracy to poison people who smoke marijuana in a way that cause brain damage and blame it on the pot?
JacobMadison
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 14:40:21

JacobMadison wrote:Since we were talking about how you could get brain damage from casual marijuana, did the Harvard study test for ... lead.

Show me one shred of evidence that the root cause of the brain damage was not lead.

What if there was a conspiracy to poison people who smoke marijuana in a way that cause brain damage and blame it on the pot?

Thats really quite a bizarre conspiracy theory---I've never heard of that one before

Who do you imagine is poisoning people who smoke pot? And how do they find them all? And how do they get the lead inside them?

JacobMadison wrote:Why can't you reproduce their work at home?

Well, I suppose you could reproduce their work at home if you had a few million dollars to spend to buy the specialized brain scan MRI machine and computer imagining equipment and install it in your basement, along with the doctors and staff needed to operate it and interpret the data.

Put the specialized MRI brain scan instrument over there by the washer and dryer, please---I'm going to do my own study of how marijuana causes brain damage right here at home!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Timo » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 23:27:38

I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth--then shut up.
― Robert A. Heinlein
Timo

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 24 Dec 2015, 02:57:45

pstarr wrote:Plant, your theory .... is on life support.

Its not my theory Peter---- . :lol:

I wish it was still the 1960s, Peter, but things keep changing. Over the last few years there are new scientific findings from work being done on marijuana at Harvard and other leading scientific and medical centers. These new findings. based on longitudinal epidemiological studies and detailed studies of changes in brain morphology shown by MRI brain imaging suggest marijuana causes several different kinds of brain damage and contributes to several kinds of mental impairment and mental diseases.

It makes sense if you think about it---the THC in marijuana mimics certain natural receptors in the brain, and it tends to to go to these sites in the brain and chemically react with brain material. But THC is not IDENTICAL to the brain's own chemicals, and the THC unfortunately damages and even destroys the brain tissue in some important parts of the brain.

Cheers!

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 24 Dec 2015, 04:03:39

Never mind that carrots are far more dangerous.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 24 Dec 2015, 15:40:11

pstarr wrote: ...Obama and pot. Is there a connection?

Yup--- there's a very strong connection between Obama and pot

Obama was a big pothead when he attended Punahou. He spent much of high school getting high.

cheers!

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Thu 24 Dec 2015, 18:46:46

Plantagenet wrote:
pstarr wrote: ...Obama and pot. Is there a connection?

Yup--- there's a very strong connection between Obama and pot

Obama was a big pothead when he attended Punahou. He spent much of high school getting high.

cheers!

Obama also managed to have more pot users (mostly black), arrested under his administration than any other president. Maybe Plant should be supporting Obama, or maybe pot? Plant must be very confused.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Thu 24 Dec 2015, 19:12:08

I'll bet the president could get his hands on some killer weed.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 24 Dec 2015, 19:20:30

Obama has acted confused since taking office, likely due to deprivation from herb due to being surrounded by security 24/7. Who would you score off rocking up to the dealers with a convoy of gun toting agents?

It is established that exams should be taken in the same mode as study. A stoner student needs to be stoned to pass. Obama should have vetted his staff better & kept on choofin'.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby JacobMadison » Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:14:27

Plantagenet wrote:... I suppose you could reproduce their work at home if you had a few million dollars to spend to buy the specialized brain scan MRI machine and computer imagining equipment and install it in your basement, along with the doctors and staff needed to operate it and interpret the data.

You could save a lot of money if you just rented a hand held XRF analyzer and pointed it at your pot.
JacobMadison
Wood
Wood

PreviousNext

Return to Medical Issues Forum