Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bitcoin & crypto?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Bitcoin & crypto?

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 18 Apr 2022, 12:20:13

I estimate a buyer would have to be confident in making $165,000+ a year to bite on a 700K house at 5% fixed. I know a few people in that league but a lot more that are not even close.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 18 Apr 2022, 13:46:23

Plantagenet wrote:I'm just back from a trip to the Oregon coast....

Of course you did. Just causing CO2 emissions in general through jet setting around, or were you there for a sea lion hunt, maybe it was open season on Orcas?

Lucky you that you've got a solid typical Alaskan to vote for soon, am I right or am I right?

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 18 Apr 2022, 17:00:24

AdamB wrote:Just causing CO2 emissions in general...?

?????

Like you don't cause any CO2 emissions yourself. Riiight. Are you really so stupid that you believe that? Wait...don't answer that. I know the answer already. :-D 8) :lol: :P

-----------------------

If you are willing to use your brain for something other than trolling other posters, I suggest you check out what percentage of the electric power grid in your area is powered by coal.

I think you said you live in the Denver area....where coal fired electric power plants are the largest single source of your electric power.

Thats not good, you know. That means you live in an area with a HUGE CO2 footprint.

And that means you yourself, just because you live where you do, and shop where you do, and work where you do, and go to restaurants where you do, and frequent massage parlors where you do...you personally own some part of that huge CO2 footprint.

Let he who doesn't emit carbon be the first to accuse others of emitting carbon---and you ain't the dude who can pretend he doesnt emit lots of carbon because you definitely do

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 18 Apr 2022, 23:08:18

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote:Just causing CO2 emissions in general...?

?????

Like you don't cause any CO2 emissions yourself. Riiight.

We all do. But the hypocrits pretend to care while doing everything they can to emit as much as possible. Hypocrits, trolls, etc etc.

Is that why you won't discuss geneology?

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 18 Apr 2022, 23:39:07

AdamB wrote:....you won't discuss geneology?

Hahahaha!-----Don't you even know how to spell "genealogy?"

If you want to discuss genealogy, then you should go to a genealogy site. Of course, first you'll have to learn how to spell "genealogy" :lol: 8) :roll:

Cheers!
Last edited by Tanada on Thu 21 Apr 2022, 22:43:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Eye searing gif deleted.
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 19 Apr 2022, 09:14:34

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote:....you won't discuss geneology?

Hahahaha!-----Don't you even know how to spell "genealogy?"

Apparently not. Good thing I'm not paid for the quality of my spelling at 100 wpm, hell someone might think I should be a secretary instead of doing research.

And the question stands as to whether or not you are related to this particular political troll?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 19 Apr 2022, 14:18:58

Plantagenet wrote:Hahahaha!-----Don't you even know how to spell "genealogy? :roll:

AdamB the troll, goes in search of a little legitimacy.

theluckycountry
Coal
Coal

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 19 Apr 2022, 15:04:02

theluckycountry wrote:AdamB the troll, goes in search of a little legitimacy.

What part of play time in doomerville ever requires that?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 30 Apr 2022, 06:51:47

theluckycountry
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Doly » Sat 30 Apr 2022, 14:21:42

Let he who doesn't emit carbon be the first to accuse others of emitting carbon---and you ain't the dude who can pretend he doesnt emit lots of carbon because you definitely do

My late husband doesn't emit carbon. He's been dead for over a decade. Am I allowed to talk about what he would say? Also, my carbon emissions happen to be well below average, if you're willing to take that into account.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 02 May 2022, 06:35:04

We all benefit from enormous emissions of carbon Doly, nothing wrong with that in my opinion, as humans we all individually, instinctively, seek a better life for ourselves in the here and now. The crime if there is one is in denying to ourselves truths, realities, like saying I am doing my bit by buying a tesla, or by not eating meat.

Most people would never make such changes if there wasn't something else in it for them, screw the planet, How cool am I in my tesla 8) Of course those of us who don't drive them just laugh because we know what a stupid waste of credit they are. Yes, very few people actually buy them for cash lol. And if I don't eat meat I'll be healthier, or at least that's what most vegetarians and vegans believe. They take their Eastern Religious diet and transpose it onto a carbon credit ledger. Idiots!

That's the real problem today, the endless little lies people tell themselves. They are working up one hell of a case of cognitive dissonance :badgrin: Driving themselves slowly insane in the process.
theluckycountry
Coal
Coal

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 02 May 2022, 09:25:37

theluckycountry wrote:That's the real problem today, the endless little lies people tell themselves. They are working up one hell of a case of cognitive dissonance :badgrin: Driving themselves slowly insane in the process.

Spoken like someone with experience with these issues and then projecting them onto others? Give us your address beyond "somewhere off the coast of New Zealand" and we'll google up some mental health professionals in your neighborhood and get you a referral. Assuming they have phones and such where you live of course, otherwise carrier pigeons still might work for third world type locations?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 02 May 2022, 11:49:25

Another way of saying it is Rat poison.
Warren Buffet"
Now if you told me you own all of the bitcoin in the world and you offered it to me for $25 I wouldn’t take it because what would I do with it? I’d have to sell it back to you one way or another. It isn’t going to do anything.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/30/warren- ... tcoin.html
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Doly » Mon 02 May 2022, 15:57:24

And if I don't eat meat I'll be healthier, or at least that's what most vegetarians and vegans believe.

What I believe is that I have a ready-made philosophical justification to avoid eating meat and especially fish, both of which I dislike. :-D

Somewhat more seriously, it takes a lot less arable land to feed people on a vegetarian diet than on a diet with a large amount of meat. And since I reckon things are going downhill soon because of shortages of fertilizer and a reduction in agricultural production due to war and climate change, lots of people are going to have to become vegetarian anyway. Being early means that I'm already used to it, rather than having to adapt in the middle of stressful times.

That's the real problem today, the endless little lies people tell themselves.

It doesn't seem to me that the problem is the little lies, but the big ones. We wouldn't have these problems if people had taken seriously the idea that we live in a finite planet, with finite resources, especially energy resources. And the ability of human brains to imagine solutions, adapt, and generally be creative, is also finite. The big lie is that there is always some new idea that will solve the problem. No, there isn't.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 02 May 2022, 19:34:16

What if anything does a vegan diet have to do about the viability of crypto currencies?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 12 May 2022, 06:41:57

So how is crypto doing?

Elsewhere I heard one tanked?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 12 May 2022, 06:51:59

Newfie wrote:So how is crypto doing?

Elsewhere I heard one tanked?

They are dropping like an anvil over a coyote.
Bitcoin is down to 27,873 and Ethereum is down to 1924. They say that over 45% of people that bought bitcoin are now underwater.
Last November Bitcoin hit $65,000 briefly. I'd hate to be the guy that bought in that day.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby natrajk » Thu 12 May 2022, 06:52:40

What a SHOW! 40billion $ of Luna vanishes in a little week.

I had to stop a friend from catching the knife yesterday; and today Luna tanks another 99%. Wow.

USDT is now having pegging problems too ; this is a healthy (but painful for many) wipeout.
natrajk
Wood
Wood

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 12 May 2022, 09:00:58

vtsnowedin wrote:What if anything does a vegan diet have to do about the viability of crypto currencies?

What do crypto currencies have to do with peak oil having happened and no one noticed, 6 times this century no less? The entire website has wandered afield, you are surprised when unrelated items are brought up in unrelated topics to peak oil? More guns, gold and ammo threads!!! Bring back MZBs! I demand geoscience halfwits pretending they understand stuff about oil to employ sarcasm and wit against!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Doly » Fri 13 May 2022, 13:11:25

The entire website has wandered afield, you are surprised when unrelated items are brought up in unrelated topics to peak oil?

You are right, Adam, but at the same time, vtsnowedin is also right. We should at least attempt to keep things on topic.

Even when "vegan diet" appears to have all sorts of weird connotations these days, and I honestly have no idea if some of those connotations are related to bitcoin, since I don't understand bitcoin anyway.

Moderator, can you prune things a bit and separate unrelated posts?
Doly
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance