Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

USA out-flanked in Eurasia Energy Politics?

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

USA out-flanked in Eurasia Energy Politics?

Unread postby Carlhole » Mon 05 Jun 2006, 00:00:01

[url=http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=ENG20060603&articleId=2571]USA out-flanked in Eurasia Energy Politics?

by F. William Engdahl[/url]

Engdahl wrote:Curiously and quietly the United States is being out-flanked in its now-obvious strategy of controlling major oil and energy sources of the Persian Gulf, Central Asia Caspian Basin, Africa and beyond.

The US’s global energy control strategy, it’s now clear to most, was the actual reason for the highly costly regime change in Iraq, euphemistically dubbed ‘democracy’ by Washington. George W. Bush restated his democracy mantra as recently as May 28 at the West Point military graduating ceremony where he declared that America's safety depends on an aggressive push for democracy, especially in the Middle East. ‘This is only the beginning,’ Bush said. ‘The message has spread from Damascus to Tehran that the future belongs to freedom, and we will not rest until the promise of liberty reaches every people in every nation.’

If the trend of recent events continues, it won’t be Bush-style democracy that is spreading, but rather, Russian and Chinese influence over major oil and gas energy supplies.

This article by Engdahl observes the same things as outlined in the article by Mark Ames, "Cheney Starts New Cold War Over Oil"

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/060306I.shtml
Carlhole

Re: USA out-flanked in Eurasia Energy Politics?

Unread postby lutherquick » Mon 05 Jun 2006, 02:13:59

I have my glass sphere in front of me....
You want to see America's future?

Look at the last 6 years, now draw and connect the dots...
Notice the slope goes down, way down, like history for the last 6 years...

Future performance may not be indicative of past performance, but the probabilities are friggen high that the US will be hording Rubles soon...

Face it, you have energy, your currency will be king, hegemony is for week, small, old men...
lutherquick
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: USA out-flanked in Eurasia Energy Politics?

Unread postby Gil-Galad » Mon 05 Jun 2006, 03:08:37

There was a report on BBC Radio yesterday about China's increasing influence in Africa. AIDs treatment, food for the starving? - no getting as much oil out of Angola, Nigeria, Sudan, etc as they can. Unlike the USA they are not concerned with democracy or human rights or critize the leaders transfers of oil money into Swiss bank accounts.
Gil-Galad
Wood
Wood

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics