Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Ending the Energy Stalemate:

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Ending the Energy Stalemate:

Unread postby dduck » Sun 16 Jan 2005, 06:39:55

The National Commission on Energy Policy has labored mightily for three years and has released its report "Ending the Energy Stalemate: A Bipartisian Strategy to Meet America's Energy Challenges", December 2004. It is available at www.energycommission.org.
I have just begun studying it and would like to see thoughtful commentary on the report. The website will shortly be publishing backup materials.

dduck
dduck
Wood
Wood

Ending the Energy Stalemate

Unread postby dduck » Sun 23 Jan 2005, 20:53:29

Well, I haven't finished digesting it, but the study recommends increasing the R and D budget by $360 million a year for alternative energy sources.
Seems laughingly small in light of the size of the problem. I just read that Americans spend $700 million a year for over-the-counter laxatives.
Seems we could afford a bit more for alternative energy research.

dduck
dduck
Wood
Wood

Unread postby The_Virginian » Thu 27 Jan 2005, 04:44:34

DDUCK,

I found the Hydrogen bashing most refreshing. They are on traget, of course.

Increasing wind and coal were some proposed alternatives that would supply needed energy for a while (at least electricity)...emphisis on Bio-deisels and Ethanol was good...I just wonder how the "bread basket" will increase production, and still grow grain for china....

Seems we won't. When fuel gives much more than food in return, look for america to strive, while the others struggle to survive.

Thanks for the link, "t'was gut".
[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watchv=Ai4te4daLZs&feature=related[/url] "My soul longs for the candle and the spices. If only you would pour me a cup of wine for Havdalah...My heart yearning, I shall lift up my eyes to g-d, who provides for my needs day and night."
The_Virginian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Devil » Thu 27 Jan 2005, 09:06:49

This is pure pie-in-the-sky BS.

[quote] “Oil reliance is a fact we will face for some time. So we recommend incentives to spur global oil production, to increase domestic vehicle fuel economy, and to increase investment in alternative fuels. Our climate change plan would both limit greenhouse gas emissions and cap the costs of doing so. At the same time, it provides incentives for low- and non-carbon sources like natural gas, renewable energy, nuclear energy, and advanced coal technologies with carbon capture and sequestration, as well as for increased efficiency of energy end use. We are proposing programs that can work in the real world.â€
Devil
Devil
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Energy Technology