Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

patents and oil companies.

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

patents and oil companies.

Unread postby something_awfull » Wed 17 Aug 2005, 00:23:09

From time to time one hears of a story of an inventor who has come up with a non-oil based fuel idea or some kind of engine that runs on chicken crap or whatever, that has been brought up by some oil company, who obviously don't want anybody competing with their market.

So now do we have a situation of oil companies having some vast warehouse of alternate fuel/engine patents but cant release them now without admitting that oil is on the decline?
something_awfull
Lignite
Lignite

Re: patents and oil companies.

Unread postby EnergySpin » Wed 17 Aug 2005, 00:27:31

Since you asked the question ... let me give you some homework
http://www.cera.com/ceraweek/2006/speak ... 6,,00.html
I will not say anything more about it. People around here have enough time to play with the web ... maybe it is time to do some real work/conspiraciology for a change :P 8O :-D
"Nuclear power has long been to the Left what embryonic-stem-cell research is to the Right--irredeemably wrong and a signifier of moral weakness."Esquire Magazine,12/05
The genetic code is commaless and so are my posts.
EnergySpin
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby nuhax » Wed 17 Aug 2005, 01:37:40

This idea of warehoused patents is a major fallacy.

ALL patents (at least in the USA) are a matter of public record!

Go to uspto.gov or FreshPatents.com to look up oil/fuel patents.

I wish we could get away from the conspiracy stories and get to the facts. Conspiracies are what people rant about when they don't have facts to back up their opinon (99.9% of the time imo).
nuhax
Peat
Peat

Unread postby EnergySpin » Wed 17 Aug 2005, 09:44:28

nuhax wrote:This idea of warehoused patents is a major fallacy.

ALL patents (at least in the USA) are a matter of public record!

Go to uspto.gov or FreshPatents.com to look up oil/fuel patents.

I wish we could get away from the conspiracy stories and get to the facts. Conspiracies are what people rant about when they don't have facts to back up their opinon (99.9% of the time imo).

It is not a matter of warehousing and hoarding. It is a matter of obtaining pattents in key processes and sit on them stiffling further development. You only have to know a little bit of science and see who are the players that are gathering together. Sigh! we will see in the next 6-8 months further developments on this.
"Nuclear power has long been to the Left what embryonic-stem-cell research is to the Right--irredeemably wrong and a signifier of moral weakness."Esquire Magazine,12/05
The genetic code is commaless and so are my posts.
EnergySpin
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Energy Technology