Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Documentary: "Crumbling of America"

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Documentary: "Crumbling of America"

Unread postby Kristjan » Sun 06 Dec 2009, 15:10:02

Does anyone know of a website that has this documentary? It was aired a few months ago and I would really like to see it. Unfortunately I'm from outside the US which means that I can't VoD it. Youtube only has the short ad they ran on TV but not the full documentary... :cry:
Kristjan
Peat
Peat

Re: Documentary: "Crumbling of America"

Unread postby Jotapay » Tue 15 Dec 2009, 18:30:05

I can probably find it if it's out in the ether. Need more info. Who produced it, director, etc.?
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Tue 15 Dec 2009, 20:38:01

It was on this past weekend.

“The Crumbling of America” History Channel

America's infrastructure is collapsing. Tens of thousands of bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete. A third of the nation's highways are in poor or mediocre shape. Massively leaking water and sewage systems are creating health hazards and contaminating rivers and streams. Weakened and under-maintained levees and dams tower over communities and schools. And the power grid is increasingly maxed out, disrupting millions of lives and putting entire cities in the dark. The Crumbling of America explores these problems using expert interviews, on location shooting and computer generated animation to illustrate the kinds of infrastructure disasters that could be just around the bend.
Rating: TVPG Running Time: 120 minutes
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby bratticus » Fri 01 Jan 2010, 21:18:47

The Crumbling of America - Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSPcIGGcIc
bratticus
Permanently Banned

Unread postby frankthetank » Mon 04 Jan 2010, 21:56:33

Thanks..i want to see this too.. just today i was showing the wife the roads around town here that are literally falling apart daily..its bad.
lawns should be outlawed.
frankthetank
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Tue 05 Jan 2010, 12:22:58

I have driven on country dirt roads that are in better shape than those asphalted main roadways here in South Texas!
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Kristjan » Sun 17 Jan 2010, 05:05:04

Still no torrents at piratebay... :(
Kristjan
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 00:34:24

It is available on YouTube and I sure hope a lot of this gets fixed under the infrastructure repair and upgrade plans that were talked about during the political campaign season.

https://youtu.be/pducRLyDmiY
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 08:25:15

Only half of Americans are broke and angry. The other half are quite pleased with themselves. Join us pstarr. Make America great again.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 12:05:55

pstarr wrote:Sorry tanada to break your bubble, but Americans are broke and angry, and the last thing on their mind is fixing stuff. They want simple answer, not more taxes.

Pete you go out of your way to post negative commentary on every thread you visit so don't expect your pseudo sympathy to be accepted at face value. Nobody makes you post negative commentary everywhere you go, that is the choice you make.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 13:06:57

pstarr wrote:Tanada, I enjoy posting negative commentary. I apologize for the phony sorry-face crap above. I should just be a honest curmudgeon: we are f#cked up beyond all repair. Is that okay?

Its Okay with me, I vastly prefer honest disagreement than PC level of double speak that needs to be drilled through to find the truth. You don't believe in anything, fine I have days like that too. Just be open about it and don't call people names if they see the world through a different lens than you use.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 27 Dec 2016, 15:10:10

pstarr wrote:Trump lives in New York City and sees decline everywhere. Yet his base, the Republican party is strong in suburban or rural white America. Trump's promises will go nowhere.

In farm country, a bit of oil sprayed on the gravel road is adequate infrastructure improvement. In suburban white America the roads are just fine. They are only a few decades old.

Trump's constituency doesn't understand their connection to world trade goes right through the cities. Goods from China and elsewhere must be shipped via the crumbling cities. Those tractor parts won't arrive if the ports are dark or burning.

Folks from cities tend to forget, if those tractor parts don't make it to the farm the food doesn't make it to the city either.

Plus in the good old USA we can ship stuff by land from ports in Mexico or Canada if the rioters burn down all the ports in the US. Also there are a heck of a lot of ports that never even occur to the Los Ageles/NYC crowd. Rochester, New York, Toledo, Chicago, Saint Louis all get lots of shipping in and out but are so far below the radar as to be stealthy invisible.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Book/Media Reviews