Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 26

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 26

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 16:44:30

Armageddon wrote:Says the inflation denier, debt doesn’t matter denier and peak oil denier.

Give it a rest already. Your inability to remember or credit someone else's nuanced response to your poorly educated or willingly ignorant talking points is just infantile.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 18:01:42

Cathie Wood, “if the FED doesn’t pivot, the set up will be more like 1929….”

Elon, “exactly”
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 18:15:46

If you think what’s happening in Arizona’s elections is normal you are either stupid, corrupt, or most likely both.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 20:15:46

Arizona counted 1% in 24 hours

Haha, that’s normal
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 21:04:28

Armageddon wrote:If you think what’s happening in Arizona’s elections is normal you are either stupid, corrupt, or most likely both.

I think that Arizonians are counting votes in Arizona. And that happens every couple years, pretty regularly. The question is, what do YOU think they are doing if not their jobs, counting votes according to state mandated procedures?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 21:09:45

Armageddon wrote:Arizona counted 1% in 24 hours

Haha, that’s normal

So you have a beef with people counting slowly? I find it unlikely that you or Alex Jones can make it beyond your fingers and toes, maybe Arizonians are just like you?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 14:28:17

JUST IN: Amazon has now transitioned from a "hiring freeze" to laying off over 10,000 employees starting this week.

Just like Meta and Twitter, these job cuts came seemingly overnight with very little notice.

Tech is struggling

Buckle up son, we are just getting started.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 14:41:13

Current List of Mass Layoffs:

1. Amazon: Laying of 10,000+ this week

2. Twitter: 50% of workforce

3. Snapchat: 20% of workforce

4. Meta: 13% of workforce

5. Credit Suisse: 5% of workforce

6. Apple: Hiring freeze

7. Disney: Hiring freeze

Unemployment is set to skyrocket.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 16:01:20

I expect it will get a lot worse by spring and with the election results it will be two if not three years before we can come out of it.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 18:15:23

vtsnowedin wrote:I expect it will get a lot worse by spring and with the election results it will be two if not three years before we can come out of it.

Of course. Nothing will get better until the party run by a traitor is back..you know...doing traitor stuff. Not sure how traitors have much to do with overall economic outlooks or policies? The traitor himself was a spendthrift, running up the annual federal budget deficit without a care in the world to the highest it has ever been. Twice! Maybe you think the government should spend more, and this will improve the economy? Huh. Maybe you were thinking the stock market? Looks like on Traitor Trumps last day in office, the DJIA was 30,930. Today? 33,536. Any reason you want the traitors lower performing stock markets?

Gas is a little higher, I can see wanting that lower, you being a fossil fuelers and all, plus it does help drive inflation higher. You figure the traitor will produce more oil and gas maybe, while cratering the DOW, skyrocketing the federal annual budget deficit, and this will make things better?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 20:25:30

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:I expect it will get a lot worse by spring and with the election results it will be two if not three years before we can come out of it.

Of course. Nothing will get better until the party run by a traitor is back..you know...doing traitor stuff. Not sure how traitors have much to do with overall economic outlooks or policies? The traitor himself was a spendthrift, running up the annual federal budget deficit without a care in the world to the highest it has ever been. Twice! Maybe you think the government should spend more, and this will improve the economy? Huh. Maybe you were thinking the stock market? Looks like on Traitor Trumps last day in office, the DJIA was 30,930. Today? 33,536. Any reason you want the traitors lower performing stock markets?

Gas is a little higher, I can see wanting that lower, you being a fossil fuelers and all, plus it does help drive inflation higher. You figure the traitor will produce more oil and gas maybe, while cratering the DOW, skyrocketing the federal annual budget deficit, and this will make things better?

Now show Trumps numbers before the global pandemic. Cherry pick much?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 21:35:20

Armageddon wrote:Now show Trumps numbers before the global pandemic. Cherry pick much?

I picked the numbers Trump left the country in the aftermath of the coup. His prior history in managing Obama's recovery was better at its height, but that was history, he left the country with exactly the numbers I mentioned. Too bad he was right there managing The Greatest Recession Since The Great Depression as well, if someone with a brain was running the country, maybe it wouldn't have been that? But alas, there was no brain, and The Greatest Recession Since The Great Depression was what we got.

You and VT love the guy, his leadership or the party, nothing wrong with that, folks are allowed to be Americans or instead love coup plotters and traitors, it is still a free country. Because, as we all know, they had their hats handed to them by the real Americans in the last election.

Real Americans; desciption, American citizens who can't find it in themselves to feel bad for traitors and/or crybaby losers who attempt a coup.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 22:35:06

We currently have:

1. $2 trillion lost in crypto and the collapse of FTX

2. 80%+ of tech stocks in bear market territory

3. Biggest wave of tech layoffs since 2001

4. Fastest falling housing market since 2011

5. Worst earnings since Q3 2020

How is the S&P 500 only down 18%?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 22:40:22

2008 on steroids is coming.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 23:59:34

Armageddon wrote:How is the S&P 500 only down 18%?

Because the market is smarter than you and your infantile fixation on incidental metrics? And the S&P isn't even down enough for me to be able to buy on the dip, so take a deep breath and relax.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 15 Nov 2022, 00:02:17

Armageddon wrote:2008 on steroids is coming.

30-40% down markets claimed by you isn't 2008 on steroids. If it was 2008 I'd already have the opportunity to begin piling back in with cash reserves. So you don't need to change your Depends quite yet.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 15 Nov 2022, 12:28:58

NY FED: HOUSEHOLD DEBT INCREASED BY 2.2% IN Q3 TO $16.51 TLN, A 15% INCREASE. THE LARGEST INCREASE IN CREDIT CARD BALANCES IN OVER 20 YEARS.

Damn son
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 15 Nov 2022, 13:46:52

While the credit card balances are a very real problem the total household debt by itself is perhaps over stated. Household debt also includes mortgages and auto loans which are balanced by the value of the houses and cars. You buy a new car with a loan 60,000 it increases your debt by 60,000 but if you made a decent down payment or trade might actually increase your net worth if you could sell the car for more then 60K.
The present downturn in housing prices caused by rising interest rates are putting new buyers in a bind but all those sitting on older a three percent mortgages are looking good and on a thirty year mortgage will be well off once this present recession is over.
Back to the credit card balances: Apparently a lot of people are in denial about inflation exceeding their wage growth and have kept spending beyond their means by building those card balances. That will come to a head with a year or so and that will put a huge break on the economy when the minimum payments teach each card holder that same old lesson. Gonna be a tough year for them and I'm glad I and all my close family are not running balances.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 15 Nov 2022, 14:19:32

BREAKING: Global banking giants are starting a 12-week digital dollar pilot with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York - Reuters

Gee, I wonder who’s been saying that?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 15 Nov 2022, 14:47:59

vtsnowedin wrote:While the credit card balances are a very real problem the total household debt by itself is perhaps over stated. Household debt also includes mortgages and auto loans which are balanced by the value of the houses and cars. You buy a new car with a loan 60,000 it increases your debt by 60,000 but if you made a decent down payment or trade might actually increase your net worth if you could sell the car for more then 60K.

Some don't understand what assets are, and how they work when accompanied by debt. That would require, you know, knowledge and stuff.

vtsnowedin wrote:
Back to the credit card balances: Apparently a lot of people are in denial about inflation exceeding their wage growth and have kept spending beyond their means by building those card balances. That will come to a head with a year or so and that will put a huge break on the economy when the minimum payments teach each card holder that same old lesson. Gonna be a tough year for them and I'm glad I and all my close family are not running balances.

Damn straight. I remember when I went on a binge some time ago, and decided, no more car loans. Unless the wife wants a Model S, and then okay, maybe a little. But as I do with the market, I consider malaise in the economy to be when it is time to buy. Ol' Blood In The Streets, that's me. With Armie is soiling himself like the rest of the sheep, I just lounge around...waiting...for....you know...opportunity.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Next

Return to Economics & Finance