Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

This forum is class

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

This forum is class

Unread postby philneville » Sat 03 Sep 2005, 03:02:37

Its not about if the theory is right or not, it will happen thats for sure but the great thing about this forum is the awareness, everything is noticed, possible ideas and more freedom is allowed than you would get in alot of other news forums.

Keep up the good work guys, you might be nuts but I appreciate it!
philneville
Wood
Wood

Re: This forum is class

Unread postby Macsporan » Sat 03 Sep 2005, 03:12:35

This day you shall sit beside me in paradise. :-D
Son of the Enlightenment
Macsporan
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Macsporan » Sat 03 Sep 2005, 09:22:03

Hear! Hear! :)
Son of the Enlightenment
Macsporan
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby RonMN » Sat 03 Sep 2005, 10:14:21

Tinosorb,

I agree with you "in principle" about the hate speech...but i don't put anybody on ignore simply because it gives me a better idea of who i may be dealing with post peak.

It also prompts me to buy/stock more ammo :) so i find even the foul talk to be usefull.
RonMN
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MD » Sat 03 Sep 2005, 10:21:24

I have noted that inflammatory comments directed towards certain groups are more tolerated than others.

I would expect any forum to have a certain degree of bias, this one no exception. Moderators will tend to pick up on flame directed at their own world view far more quickly than they will flame directed against the opposition.

Characterizing a world view or philosophy as "ridiculous" or "stupid" is easier to tolerate when you believe the characterization to be true, but look out when you call my world view stupid or ridiculous!

The moderators here are human, cut them some slack.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby Waterthrush » Sat 03 Sep 2005, 16:08:12

I was just thinking that I appreciated the back and forth on this forum. Most forums request that participants avoid political posts and avoid most conflict. Understandably; most forums that I participate in are not directly political, and the kind of comments that I read here would sink them. I do participate in one overtly political forum, but there's a fair amount of agreement there, so not so much conflict.

In real life, I am a peaceful northern waterthrush, but I appreciate the opportunity for back and forth here.
Waterthrush
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby pjd2 » Sun 04 Sep 2005, 16:28:08

I have been lurking for a couple of days, and I agree. 95% of you are very good people.

It has calmed some of my fears to see people respond and come together in this way. (now if we can only convince the other 6.4 billion people to do the same.. or at least 40-50 of the right people ie: world leaders.)
pjd2
Wood
Wood

Unread postby MonteQuest » Sun 04 Sep 2005, 16:40:18

tinosorb wrote:It would nice if this rule of conduct were enforced:

http://peakoil.com/fortopic2867.html

"Hate speech: Criticism is not hate speech, but inflammatory comments directed at a particular ethnic group, sexual orientation, religion, etc. are unacceptable."

I put the two notorious clowns on my ignore list immediately, but the forums are cluttered with responses to their posts and often times quotes of their venomous spittle are included in the responses.

I don't think I am alone in thinking that it would be better if they weren't there in the first place.

It is enforced. Moderators can't be everywhere at once and moderation can't always happen in real time. Pm a mod if something goes unattended to.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Return to Welcome