Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US Banking Collapses Pt.1

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: US Banking Collapses Pt.1

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 May 2023, 23:50:27

careinke wrote:Sounds like Killory has some serious problems ahead of her.

Trump wouldn't be in any more real trouble than Hitlery if he had half the brains cells he thinks he has. So I doubt she has much to worry about.

careinke wrote: Not to mention the Biden crime family. Pigs should not throw stones.
Peace

Garland appears to be in charge of throwing stones. At either crime family. Amusing that Hunter using the family name to make money doesn't get mentioned in the same sentence as Javanka and his/her/their billions in Chinese concessions and Saudi oil money, as well as the President's tax dodging businesses (convicted I believe) using him being President for his companies personal gain. Eveyone just HAD to stay at his Washington DC hotel don't you know.

If you are going to be in charge of a crime family, the lesson might be don't be so damn obvious about it. Throwing in a conviction for sexual assault looks to be just the beginning of determining who is, and who is not, an actual crime family.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Fri 26 May 2023, 00:48:15

AdamB wrote:
careinke wrote:Sounds like Killory has some serious problems ahead of her.

Trump wouldn't be in any more real trouble than Hitlery if he had half the brains cells he thinks he has. So I doubt she has much to worry about.

careinke wrote: Not to mention the Biden crime family. Pigs should not throw stones.
Peace

Garland appears to be in charge of throwing stones. At either crime family. Amusing that Hunter using the family name to make money doesn't get mentioned in the same sentence as Javanka and his/her/their billions in Chinese concessions and Saudi oil money, as well as the President's tax dodging businesses (convicted I believe) using him being President for his companies personal gain. Eveyone just HAD to stay at his Washington DC hotel don't you know.

If you are going to be in charge of a crime family, the lesson might be don't be so damn obvious about it. Throwing in a conviction for sexual assault looks to be just the beginning of determining who is, and who is not, an actual crime family.

Oh I agree, the Biden Crime Family is much more skilled at it than Trump's rather amateurish attempts to turn the Presidency into a profit making enterprise. Remember I did not vote for a president in 2016, and only voted for Trump in 2020 because some member of the Pig party said I had to choose between Killory or Trump. I also knew voting for Trump in Washington State would have ZERO impact on the election.

Remember the PIG TV ads in 2020 asking the Electorate to change their votes?? Was that treason? How about Killory's persistent claims to this day the 2020 election was stolen from her? Treason in this country seems to be running rampant. 8O

Peace without coercions.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 26 May 2023, 06:24:45

Caeinke,

You only scratch the surface.

2016 saw “Not MY president!” Widely adopted by the D’s.
In 2020 Hillary claimed she made a mistake by conceding too early and very publicly advised Biden to NOT concede quickly.

But also the D’s supported the Steele Report.

The FBI under Comey was a non partisan actor, screwing with both Clinton and Trump to support their own power base.

This Presidential election election process is very broken and VERY dangerous. I can easily see where a Biden/Trump will result in a contested election, unless there is an very clear plurality.

And then you could see radicals from both sides picking up weapons.

The USA is not in a good position right now.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 26 May 2023, 10:37:24

Mouse,

Good point. My take is that it is not the Government as it is the political parties. And there is the rub, the parties exist outside the constitution, they are not part of the “government” but external entities which seek to take over the government.

I din’t know that anyone else sees it as I do, and I think that is a problem, we are just so used to having the R and D critters we accept them as normal.

But they have grown beyond their natural usefulness and they now threaten the government.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 26 May 2023, 14:23:04

Newfie wrote:
The USA is not in a good position right now.

Putting it mildly I would suggest. It's certainly become very polarized, but it's been there before hasn't it? The civil war, the prohibition, the emancipation of the colored peoples. Societies can withstand a lot of this and bounce back but now there are so many issues, I won't even list some, what's the point. It's not just the US either, all Western nations are going down this toilet.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 26 May 2023, 14:42:16

Bank Bailout Facility Usage Hits New Record High As Money-Market Fund Inflows Soared Again Last Week
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bank- ... ared-again

Just another article showing the decline in the banking sector and how the FED jumps in to throw a few billion here and a few billion there. But what stands out to me is the balance sheet of this Federal Reserve banking cartel. Up until 2000 it was non-existent, the FED printed money for basic liquidity purposes and the banks managed their own success or failure largely. Since 2008 (GFC) the balance sheet has risen like a space launch.

This is bad because the member banks have no accountability now, they can lose any amount of capital/money and this private banking entity called the FED will step in and buy the useless assets and re-liquefy the bank.

There is a lot of obfuscation as to what the FED actually is and isn't. It's major functions, as stated from the beginning, are to keep inflation and unemployment low. But it has never achieved either of these in a convincing way. When inflation takes off they are always 6 months behind the curve, they come in, raise the rates of bank lending and make the problem worse.

At the end of the day they are a Private (un-audited) financial entity, solely owned by the same banks they pour money into. It's like a closed loop, a perpetual money machine, but at the end of the day money is worthless, it's the things it can buy that count. Land, Mines, cattle, people. The Bank of America came to prominence and grew rich foreclosing on Depression era property so the story goes, I expect that will be the case again. The US consumer will be left hopelessly in debt and the banks, with the aid of the FED, will come in and clean up all the viable assets.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 26 May 2023, 21:46:40

careinke wrote:
AdamB wrote:If you are going to be in charge of a crime family, the lesson might be don't be so damn obvious about it. Throwing in a conviction for sexual assault looks to be just the beginning of determining who is, and who is not, an actual crime family.

Oh I agree, the Biden Crime Family is much more skilled at it than Trump's rather amateurish attempts to turn the Presidency into a profit making enterprise.

What is your count on the BIden crime member family? Just him and the boy, or was the deceased boy involved as well, or the wife?
careinke wrote:Remember I did not vote for a president in 2016, and only voted for Trump in 2020 because some member of the Pig party said I had to choose between Killory or Trump. I also knew voting for Trump in Washington State would have ZERO impact on the election.

So you knew the vote wouldn't matter but wasted the time it anyway? Were there elections going on downticket you had an interest in?
careinke wrote:Remember the PIG TV ads in 2020 asking the Electorate to change their votes?? Was that treason? How about Killory's persistent claims to this day the 2020 election was stolen from her? Treason in this country seems to be running rampant. 8O
Peace without coercions.

I do recall a Hiltery standin, or maybe it was just some disgruntled Democans stunned by the sexual predators success? I do believe I have heard the claim Hiltery herself was stunned into one kind of admission or another, which can't be much of a surprise, as the traitor himself admits to being surprised by the win. He just figured it would be another way to sell his brand. I've got no beef with the CLAIMS of a rigged election anyway, but an absolute adversion to then doing something about it. Treason isn't about being disgruntled at losing an election, it is about trying to overthrow it. You are smart enough to know the difference so please, more cleverness next time. :)
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 26 May 2023, 21:49:56

Newfie wrote:But also the D’s supported the Steele Report.

As did the R's. It was one of those great dual use weapons.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 27 May 2023, 10:09:16

Man, listen to you people talk shit, and conflate economic problems with political ones. If there is going to be a banking crisis, it's not going to happen because one person or another is in the presidency. Whether a banker buys investments that bankrupt their bank is not something the president is looking for. He is in charge of the agency that does, but he isn't going about day to day concerning himself with the burden.

The only thing he can do is change policy. He can enforce guidelines that ask for more frequent audits, or he can have a hands off policy. Each one of you probably has emotional attachments to each sort of approach. You will call each right or wrong accordingly. But those are your emotions speaking. The actual situation should dictate which approach to use, not your fixed emotional state. Anything else is like when an individual syncs up with a group, like when a team all calls out their team name on three.

This was the Fed, intersecting with whatever policy. This, if there is anything to it, is occurring along that cadence. Thingamy Biden isn't going to pop out of some small time bank like Neal Bush popped out of the Savings and Loan crisis, I hope. I don't think Neal Bush was a member of some grand cabal. I mean to point that out by saying that. But, even if a new Biden does pop out, it's just your emotions again. Neal didn't cause the Republicans to self-examine and doubt their entire approach to banking. Neither should a Thingamy Biden cause the Republicans to believe falsely about the Democrats.

Yeah, and when you all get synced up, when your collective insistence that you are all just doing this individually, so you should be left alone becomes too much for the rest of us, what are we supposed to do? You people are the reason why gun control will never work in the US. You believe in too many things that simply aren't true.

The only things that you accept are those that your itching ears are keen to grasp, though, and not those things which might add balance to your lives. Your basic position is one of fear of others. What you don't understand you demonize.

You are not keen to accept anyone who is not enough like you. You mistake their acceptance for your demise. It is sad that you don't believe in yourselves any more than that. But, if you did, you wouldn't drop one idea for the next so easily, for you would be dealing in more than conspiracies. You would find that over time you were able to pick from them, and save the ideas that had something good, or real, to say. Those would be the ones you chose to show the world. Instead, you come with a stick, and, tragically, you don't even know that's what it is, or the power it has to kill.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 27 May 2023, 20:39:28

Heavy borrowing and spending across decades needed to counter the effects of the Triffin dilemma.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/164163 ... rs-of-debt
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 29 May 2023, 16:10:04

Every empire goes into debt eventually. It went on steroids in the US when they closed the gold window and had unrestricted money printing.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Savings per Family $9,000
Personal debt per citizen $73,000
Enjoy your retirement.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 14 Jun 2023, 02:20:58

There’s More Trouble Coming for Regional Banks

...Chief Executive Officer Dawn Fitzpatrick said at this week’s Bloomberg Invest conference, adding that additional banks will fail because “there are more problems under the surface.”

One further source of trouble for the industry will be commercial real estate, an area that in recent years smaller and regional banks have become a bigger force in.

Working from home has cut into office values and almost $1.5 trillion of commercial property debt is due for repayment before the end of 2025. Meanwhile, rising interest rates have made many properties less valuable.

“US banks have become much more vulnerable to a decline in commercial real estate prices,” Torsten Slok, chief economist at Apollo Global Management Inc., wrote in an email to clients this week.

The upshot is that 700 US banks now exceed the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.’s guidance from 2006 on commercial real estate loan concentration, he calculated. Two years ago, it was less than half that number. There were about 4,700 FDIC insured US banks as of the end of March.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/there-s-mor ... -1.1931343

Hey Adam. Why not try doing some research and posting up a useful story or two rather than your usual diet of personal crank opinion and slander, some people might even take you off the ignore list if you actually contribute something to the forum. Not me though, I for my part have wiped you like a dirty rag.

Escalation of bank sector problems cannot be ruled out, says M&G

...The UK manager said further banking sector issues could yet flare up, most notably within mid-tier US banks, which have outsized commercial real estate exposure.

“The current situation is not like the global financial crisis, but we are not out of the woods, and there is a lot of uncertainty,” José Pellicer, head of investment strategy at M&G Real Estate, told Real Estate Capital Europe. “We don’t know whether we are in the calm after, or before, the storm.

“If the US banking crisis gets worse, it will affect Europe. It will dent sentiment in terms of lenders providing new loans and in terms of credit conditions. It would affect liquidity in general,” he added.

https://www.recapitalnews.com/escalatio ... t-says-mg/
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 14 Jun 2023, 08:50:18

theluckycountry wrote:Hey Adam. Why not try doing some research and posting up a useful story or two rather than your usual diet of personal crank opinion and slander, some people might even take you off the ignore list if you actually contribute something to the forum.

On what topic?

Slander is a harmful oral statement. Libel is a written falsehood. Go finish high school.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 15 Jun 2023, 17:59:43

Fed Banking Bailout Hits $100B, Does This Explain the War on Crypto?

9 June 2023 ( One week ago, the figure is higher now )

The U.S. central bank is pumping more money in to bail out the embattled banking system as the crisis continues. This could be one of the factors driving the war on crypto. The Federal Reserve’s new emergency bank loan facility just hit $100 billion in usage. The surge in funding for banks is a clear sign that the U.S. banking crisis is far from over.

The new funding program allows banks to “receive par for their devalued assets in secret,” noted market analyst Joe Consorti. The Bank Term Funding Program (BTFP) was created in March 2023. The aim was to make additional funding available to eligible depository institutions. This would be to help assure banks have the ability to meet the needs of all their depositors, in other words, a banking bailout.

Consorti observed that banks in crisis were using the fund to boost the value of their assets. “Banks are turning 50¢ into $1 without other banks knowing they’re distressed and backing away.” He added that it was a “band-aid for now,” but “hidden risk is spreading.”

Wall Street Journal chief economics correspondent Nick Timiraos observed that Fed lending to banks through the BTFP has edged up to a new high. The funding has increased for the fifth consecutive week, he added.

https://beincrypto.com/fed-banking-bail ... rom%20over.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Tue 18 Jul 2023, 23:18:40

Ok everyone check this out,

I've been playing with "Google Bard" and find it way better than ChatGPT. Specifically because it free (for now), works with Google Docs and Google Search. It is amazingly easy to use if you have a Gmail account.

Anyway, fooling around I asked Bard to write a pro Bitcoin speech, showing from a permaculture perspective. It wrote it in about 5 seconds. After I read it I noticed it did not mention Chapter 14 in the Permaculture Designers manual which I felt was relevant.

Five seconds latter it wrote a second speech showing the relationship between chapter 14. Then I asked it to combine the speeches into one speech.

Here Is the unedited result:
Introduction

Good evening, everyone. I'm here today to talk to you about Bitcoin and permaculture. These two seemingly disparate things have a lot more in common than you might think.

Permaculture is a design philosophy that seeks to create sustainable human habitats. It's based on the principles of ecology, working with nature rather than against it. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is a peer-to-peer digital currency that is designed to be secure, decentralized, and scarce.

At first glance, these two things might seem to have nothing in common. But if you look more closely, you'll see that they share some important underlying principles.

Shared Principles

Resilience: Both permaculture and Bitcoin are designed to be resilient. Permaculture systems are designed to withstand shocks and stresses, such as droughts, floods, and pests. Bitcoin is designed to be resistant to attack, both from hackers and from governments.
Efficiency: Permaculture systems are designed to use resources effectively, such as water, energy, and land. Bitcoin is designed to be a very efficient way to store and transfer value.
Openness and accessibility: Permaculture principles are freely available to anyone who wants to use them. Bitcoin is an open-source project, and anyone can participate in its development.
How Bitcoin and Permaculture Can Work Together

These shared principles suggest that Bitcoin and permaculture could work together to create a more sustainable future. Permaculture can help us to create resilient and efficient communities, while Bitcoin can help us to create a more secure and accessible financial system.

For example, Bitcoin could be used to support sustainable businesses and projects. It could also be used to fund organizations that are working to solve social or environmental problems.

In addition, Bitcoin could be used to create a more just and equitable financial system. It could help to reduce the power of central banks and financial institutions. It could also help to make it easier for people in developing countries to access financial services.

Conclusion

I believe that Bitcoin and permaculture have the potential to work together to create a world that is more just, equitable, and sustainable. I hope that you will join me in exploring this potential.

Note: those are not my words, but they are in alignment with them.

This thing is amazing, the hard thing to realize is it is WAAAAYYY simpler to use than you think it should be.

Of course I would need to check spelling, grammar, and add footnotes. All of which Google Bard can assist with. Who knows I may even be able to surpass Plant in posts per day. :razz:

Thoughts???

PEACE
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Wed 19 Jul 2023, 00:42:33

OK now for something completely on topic and very recently released:

The Great Reset and The Rise of Bitcoin | Digital Finance | History of Bitcoin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESsONLC_6Y

I found it an interesting documentary.

PEACE
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 19 Jul 2023, 01:30:53

careinke wrote:This thing is amazing, the hard thing to realize is it is WAAAAYYY simpler to use than you think it should be.

Of course I would need to check spelling, grammar, and add footnotes. All of which Google Bard can assist with. Who knows I may even be able to surpass Plant in posts per day. :razz:

Thoughts???

PEACE

I used ChatGPT to write some Python code for some simple tasks. Most of it worked. Some folks on another forum used it to write biographies of people on the forum to see if they matched reality. It was amusing, but I can't say that I've got any big plans for using it myself, unless I need help with some occasional code conversions.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 19 Jul 2023, 01:36:19

careinke wrote:OK now for something completely on topic and very recently released:

PEACE

An interesting counter opinion on the topic.
Why Cryptocurrency Is A Giant Fraud

I asked a Hitman specific question about a recent motorcycle sale, and how I might use crypto to make it happen between a buyer and seller, the ease or lack thereof under real world conditions. Did you happen to catch that question? I was really hoping you would in order to help me understand how it might happen, from a perspective of your experience on the matter, versus mine..which is none.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Wed 19 Jul 2023, 02:37:13

AdamB wrote:
careinke wrote:OK now for something completely on topic and very recently released:

PEACE

An interesting counter opinion on the topic.
Why Cryptocurrency Is A Giant Fraud

I asked a Hitman specific question about a recent motorcycle sale, and how I might use crypto to make it happen between a buyer and seller, the ease or lack thereof under real world conditions. Did you happen to catch that question? I was really hoping you would in order to help me understand how it might happen, from a perspective of your experience on the matter, versus mine..which is none.

Sorry, I could not resist:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/04/why-cryptocurrency-is-a-giant-fraud Read this and formulate a counter argument
View other drafts

Bard
Sure, here is a counter argument to the article "Why Cryptocurrency Is A Giant Fraud" by Current Affairs:

The article makes a number of claims about cryptocurrency, including that it is:

Not backed by anything
Not a real currency
A waste of energy
A giant fraud
I will address each of these claims in turn.

Claim 1: Cryptocurrency is not backed by anything.

This is true in the sense that cryptocurrency is not backed by a government or central bank. However, this does not mean that it is not backed by anything. Cryptocurrency is backed by the computing power that is used to mine it. This computing power is a valuable resource, and it is what gives cryptocurrency its value.

Claim 2: Cryptocurrency is not a real currency.

This is not true. Cryptocurrency is a digital currency, which means that it is a medium of exchange that is stored and transferred electronically. Like any other currency, cryptocurrency can be used to buy goods and services.

Claim 3: Cryptocurrency is a waste of energy.

This is true to some extent. The process of mining cryptocurrency requires a lot of energy. However, it is important to note that the energy used to mine cryptocurrency is often renewable energy. In addition, the energy used to mine cryptocurrency is a small fraction of the energy used by the traditional financial system.

Claim 4: Cryptocurrency is a giant fraud.

This is a very serious claim, and it is important to address it carefully. There is no doubt that there have been some scams involving cryptocurrency. However, this does not mean that all cryptocurrency is a fraud. There are many legitimate uses for cryptocurrency, and it has the potential to be a valuable tool for people all over the world.

In conclusion, I believe that the claims made in the article "Why Cryptocurrency Is A Giant Fraud" are not entirely accurate. While there are some risks associated with cryptocurrency, I believe that the potential benefits outweigh the risks. I believe that cryptocurrency has the potential to be a valuable tool for people all over the world, and I am hopeful that it will continue to grow and develop in the years to come.

Here are some additional arguments in favor of cryptocurrency:

It is a more secure way to store and transfer value than traditional currencies.
It is more resistant to inflation than traditional currencies.
It can be used to make anonymous transactions.
It can be used to circumvent government censorship.
I believe that these arguments make a strong case for the potential of cryptocurrency. While there are certainly risks associated with cryptocurrency, I believe that the potential benefits outweigh the risks. I am hopeful that cryptocurrency will continue to grow and develop in the years to come.

Yes I remember your question, while I was pondering how to respond, I read "a progressive case for bitcoin", and decided I was no longer going to argue with uneducated people unless they took the time to spend the ten hours to read this book:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=a+progressives+case+for+bitcoin&i=digital-text&crid=30S6DCNDVMC5D&sprefix=%2Cdigital-text%2C256&ref=nb_sb_ss_recent_5_0_recent
I even have a review published on it where I state the same thing.

So after you have invested some time and read the book, get back with me.

PEACE

P.S. I like Bards third draft even better. :-D :-D :)
Sure, here is a counter argument to the article "Why Cryptocurrency Is A Giant Fraud" by Current Affairs:

The article makes a number of claims about cryptocurrency, including that it is not backed by anything, that it is not a real currency, and that it is a waste of energy.

To the first claim, that cryptocurrency is not backed by anything, the counterargument is that cryptocurrency is backed by the computing power that is used to mine it. This computing power is a valuable resource, and it is what gives cryptocurrency its value.

To the second claim, that cryptocurrency is not a real currency, the counterargument is that the acceptance of cryptocurrency is growing rapidly. More and more businesses are accepting cryptocurrency as payment, and this trend is likely to continue.

To the third claim, that cryptocurrency is a waste of energy, the counterargument is that the energy used to mine cryptocurrency is a small fraction of the energy used by the traditional financial system. In addition, the energy used to mine cryptocurrency is often renewable energy.

The article also claims that cryptocurrency is used for criminal activity. However, it is important to note that cash is still the most widely used currency for criminal activity.

The article concludes that cryptocurrency is a giant fraud. However, the counterargument is that cryptocurrency is a legitimate and valuable technology with the potential to revolutionize the way we think about money.

Here are some additional points that could be made in a counter argument:

Cryptocurrency is more secure than traditional fiat currencies, as it is not subject to government or financial institution control.
Cryptocurrency is more transparent than traditional fiat currencies, as all transactions are recorded on a public blockchain.
Cryptocurrency can be used to send and receive money internationally without the need for a third party, such as a bank.
Cryptocurrency can be used to store value in a decentralized way, which means that it is not subject to inflation or government interference.
Overall, the article "Why Cryptocurrency Is A Giant Fraud" makes a number of unsubstantiated claims about cryptocurrency. A counter argument can be made to each of these claims, and there is a strong case to be made that cryptocurrency is a legitimate and valuable technology.

Peace again
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 19 Jul 2023, 09:28:23

careinke wrote:Yes I remember your question, while I was pondering how to respond, I read "a progressive case for bitcoin", and decided I was no longer going to argue with uneducated people unless they took the time to spend the ten hours to read this book:

I completely understand. I have often thought the same thing about peak oilers who couldn't be bothered to learn anything about...anything...prior to using it to declare the end of the world.

And if the question I asked, which was a basic buyer/seller transaction that you have in the past claimed is easy as pie for even non-crypto oriented folks, needs a 10 hour seminar in how to do a transaction (if your provided reading even explains that) that I accomplished in 20 seconds or less with cash pretty much makes my point for me.

careinke wrote:So after you have invested some time and read the book, get back with me.
PEACE

Oh, I doubt that will be happening as long as your method of person to person transaction requires me to give this reference to the purchaser of my motorcycle and have us waste 1/2 of a man week of time between the two of us to understand the theory of crypto prior to using it rather than the time tested and true technique of a stack of greenbacks,

While I completely understand that you are quite well versed in using these things, when its most basic use to do the most common things can't be explained to a layman in a reasonable fashion, and you have presented it as an easy peasy option, you'll understand why it appears quite safe to discount it until it can be explained to a layman how to do the simplest, most common transaction between a buyer and a seller there is. We don't give a crap about all the nuances used to pimp the idea to legions of new age thinkers on how a financial security should work, we just want to sell or buy a motorcycle.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance