Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US attempted interference in European environmental affairs

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

US attempted interference in European environmental affairs

Unread postby Devil » Wed 21 Dec 2005, 12:18:51

Devil
Devil
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: US attempted interference in European environmental affa

Unread postby Spideykid » Wed 21 Dec 2005, 12:28:34

Uhm I think it's BIG Business who is trying to cank this not the US
Spideykid
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Devil » Wed 21 Dec 2005, 12:39:00

I didn't say US Government, although the guy who started this is a Bush/Cheney spin-doctor, financed by US oil companies.
Devil
Devil
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby hotsacks » Wed 21 Dec 2005, 12:47:27

Devil wrote:I am outraged:

http://www.heatisonline.org/contentserv ... fm?id=5627
&method=full

I admire your outrage but don't share it.
Political naivete is dangerous in these times. Many,myself included,regard all policy decisions by the American government with deep suspicion.The Kyoto Accord is the most important international treaty in the last fifty years.It acknowledges the negative effects of industrialization and thereby questions the fundamentals of market economies.In days not long past,it would have been labelled "red" and easily derailed.The international community is no longer so readily led.They're jumping the fence of American hegemony.It is no surprise the deep pockets in the US are hitting back.I expect more,and worse,as the final protocols are negotiated.Hearts and minds are set against the American model around the world.It doesn't work and it's killing us.
hotsacks
Coal
Coal

Unread postby FoxV » Wed 21 Dec 2005, 13:16:32

Devil wrote:I am outraged

Don't take it so hard Devil. I'm fairly certain that all attempts to save the enviroment are doomed to failure as we approach/pass the Peak.

As mentioned here before, the Greenies will line up and shoot the carribou in ANWR themselves once they get cold and hungry enough.

As economies start to collapse, and there is civil unrest because of mass unemployment and food shortages, the first thing out the window will be Kyoto, Next will be protected habitats, and finally pollution controls.

And for all you optomists out there that believe this won't happen, keep in mind that a large portion of the World's money is about to evaporate. Very hard to build expensive alternative energies and fuel effiecient technologies when you're broke. Although perhaps at some point scientists and engineers will be willing to work for food.

I'm afraid the sollutions to the problems of the future will be cheap, dirty and archane

All Hearld the coming "Industrial De-evolution"

(apologies, the implications of Ben Bernanke are sinking in, and I'm feeling a bit depressed)
Angry yet?
FoxV
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby coyote » Wed 21 Dec 2005, 14:42:42

FoxV wrote:
Devil wrote:I am outraged

Don't take it so hard Devil. I'm fairly certain that all attempts to save the enviroment are doomed to failure as we approach/pass the Peak.

As mentioned here before, the Greenies will line up and shoot the carribou in ANWR themselves once they get cold and hungry enough.

As economies start to collapse, and there is civil unrest because of mass unemployment and food shortages, the first thing out the window will be Kyoto, Next will be protected habitats, and finally pollution controls.

And for all you optomists out there that believe this won't happen, keep in mind that a large portion of the World's money is about to evaporate. Very hard to build expensive alternative energies and fuel effiecient technologies when you're broke. Although perhaps at some point scientists and engineers will be willing to work for food.

I'm afraid the sollutions to the problems of the future will be cheap, dirty and archane

All Hearld the coming "Industrial De-evolution"

(apologies, the implications of Ben Bernanke are sinking in, and I'm feeling a bit depressed)

Cheery.

I wish I had an argument... :(
Lord, here comes the flood
We'll say goodbye to flesh and blood
If again the seas are silent in any still alive
It'll be those who gave their island to survive...
coyote
News Editor
News Editor

Unread postby pilferage » Wed 21 Dec 2005, 20:15:37

Outraged by the obscene drive for profit? By not-so-free market capitalism? Aren't you used to this by now? :?
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. "
pilferage
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Slowpoke » Thu 22 Dec 2005, 03:30:33

I think that what Devil meant, was that even though he knows very well the insane selfishness of the moneyed elite, he's still surprised by the new depths of greedy depravity Big Money has sunk to.
Slowpoke
Peat
Peat

Return to Energy Technology