Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US a force for good and "Liberty"

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: US a force for good and "Liberty"

Unread postby uNkNowN ElEmEnt » Sat 31 Jan 2009, 04:47:00

Oh yeah, I forgot some people out there actually think that just because its written in a book that it must be true, nothing changes, and we all have to obey every thing ever written like good little drones.

Well, gods forbid considering every religious "bible" ever written says you should take 14 year olds to wife and make slaves of your neighbouring countries, and kill off anyone else who doesn't look or think like you.... Actually, now that I think about it, that makes sense... which one of these are YOU reading from, cause that does sound a lot like your typical rant. Xtian? Muslim?
uNkNowN ElEmEnt
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pretorian » Sat 31 Jan 2009, 08:07:05

I'm all into Talmud now. As for wifes, Talmud says 3yo are old enough. Not that I aprove it, but its there. It Is Written.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby kam3Oen » Sat 31 Jan 2009, 20:13:09

It is at these times I am greatful for being an Agnostic Theist. The history of all those other religions out there is a big Ponzi scheme. You re SOL if you buy into this too late in the game and you get held accountable for all the past trasgressions of your spiritual compatriots. Not so the Agnostic Theists! There is some history there, but so marginalized as to not even be worth a Crusade or Intifada.

This is NOT about religion, it's about race/culture. Jews aren't hated because of our religion, but because of our race and our perceived intellectual/economic attributes. Everything that is said about jews (talmud, killed jesus, blah, blah, blah) is just an excuse. And Israel, it's the biggest excuse of all, and a thorn in the side of the murderous jew hater. So long as nuclear armed Israel stands tall, the death wishers will remain impotent.
kam3Oen
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Sat 31 Jan 2009, 20:21:42

Another one of these threads?

Doesn't this ever begin to feel like a waste of time?

It's like debating abortion. You aren't going to win any converts and you will only succeed in emotionally upsetting your opponents.
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 01 Feb 2009, 08:52:17

Tyler_JC wrote:Another one of these threads?

Doesn't this ever begin to feel like a waste of time?

It's like debating abortion. You aren't going to win any converts and you will only succeed in emotionally upsetting your opponents.

just like any other internet debate in any thread.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics