Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

"Turn Everything Off" worldwide demonstration ??

Re: Earth hour nonsense upon us again

Unread postby pablonite » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 11:24:35

Seeing as how we have earth day and earth hour, I propose earth minute. We can celebrate it 365 days a year too!

Every morning we wake up and perform our stretches for 1 minute in front of our own personal two way electronic alter while pledging allegiance to mother earth and our glorious leader Ban Ki-Moon.

May we pray to the Carbon Gods that our collective molecule count is low and wait for any karmic resonance throughout the day to indicate how many filthy emitters we can slaughter under the next full moon.

The UN. 600 wars and counting....

wins = o
pablonite
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby pablonite » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 11:50:44

I might add that there are some peer reviewed reports already out indicating a possible successor to the right honorable Ban Ki-moon.

Kim Jong-il has repeatably demonstrated his effectiveness at fighting high levels of carbon-oxygen compounds from forming as this image plainly reveals...

Now i will draw your attention to the Ban Ki-moon empire of the New York State of the United Nations based in New York city.

I also propose we replace our once right glorious leader Ban Ki-moon

with the left honorable emperor elect Kim Jong-il

My only question is where are the UN voting booths or do we need a revolution to make this happen?
pablonite
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 14:17:04

Repent wrote:Sorry MOS6507, I didn't mean to bash people. I have very strong feelings that 'Greens' are currently doing more harm than good.

What would you prefer they be doing, specifically?
Ludi

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 14:19:05

americandream wrote:We need another Stalin

So you are saying we need one of the deadliest dictators the world has ever seen?

Really? Are you REALLY calling for another Stalin?

If you are, you have discredited every decent thing you have EVER said here on po.com.
Ludi

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 14:39:13

"AVERAGE: Of the 17 estimates of the total number of victims of Stalin, the median is 30 million."

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm
Ludi

Unread postby americandream » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 15:02:20

For someone deep in the Matrix of American capitalist propaganda, to call one of the greatest, most resolute, no nonsensense, no namby pamby Marxists of all time, a dictator is beyond laughable. Get one thing straight.

As a Marxist, I believe in a complete purge of global society from the top all the way down and I agree utterly with Stalin's cleansing of the vermin bourgeoisie who infested post Revolutionary Russia. Sadly, that bottom sucker Solzhenitzyn escaped the net.

We Marxists fail lamentably when excusing these rats who infest our planet with their wide girths and botoxed morality. And their loser fellow travellers who come on here spouting right wing apologies in the form of weak kneed politically correct liberalism or xenophobic bankster friendly nationalism are all the same.

Our task is to reconstruct this world, not patch up the mess that its become, and that includes the jettisoning of all weak and liberal garbage as well as knuckleheads. This is my planet. There is a Revolution brewing.

Ludi wrote:
americandream wrote:We need another Stalin

So you are saying we need one of the deadliest dictators the world has ever seen?

Really? Are you REALLY calling for another Stalin?

If you are, you have discredited every decent thing you have EVER said here on po.com.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 15:04:10

Conservatives, Fascists, nationalists, Christians, Muslims, other holy joes and other assorted scum and traitors.

Ludi wrote:"AVERAGE: Of the 17 estimates of the total number of victims of Stalin, the median is 30 million."

americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 16:15:33

<<<<<<<<Thread Hijacking Alert>>>>>>>>

americandream wrote:For someone deep in the Matrix of American capitalist propaganda, to call one of the greatest, most resolute, no nonsensense, no namby pamby Marxists of all time, a dictator is beyond laughable

Sorry I should have said "mass murderer."

:roll:

For you to think I am "deep in the Matrix of American capitalist propaganda" is silly (probably not "beyond laughable," though :lol: ). I guess you don't read what I've posted all these years. But that's ok.

How do you feel about the Khrushchev report to the Twentieth Party Congress in 1956? Do you feel it is accurate? Was Khrushchev a capitalist mole?
Ludi

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 16:21:16

americandream wrote:Conservatives, Fascists, nationalists, Christians, Muslims, other holy joes and other assorted scum and traitors.

Ludi wrote:"AVERAGE: Of the 17 estimates of the total number of victims of Stalin, the median is 30 million."

You can add that they all have been polluting Mother Earth, that Marx cared so much about.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 16:22:16

americandream wrote:Conservatives, Fascists, nationalists, Christians, Muslims, other holy joes and other assorted scum and traitors.

So you also think tens of millions of religious people should be killed?
Ludi

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 16:23:06

Pretorian wrote:
You can add that they all have been polluting Mother Earth, that Marx cared so much about.

We're talking about Stalin, not Marx.
Ludi

Unread postby Loki » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 17:12:24

americandream wrote:For someone deep in the Matrix of American capitalist propaganda, to call one of the greatest, most resolute, no nonsensense, no namby pamby Marxists of all time, a dictator is beyond laughable. Get one thing straight.

This is my planet. There is a Revolution brewing.

I don't usually bother to read your spew, but both of these statements were downright hilarious. Stalin not a murderous dictator? :lol:

And a communist revolution is a brewin'??? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are either one of the most dedicated straight men I've ever seen, or you're suffering from a particularly virulent form of delusional psychosis. If the latter, I'm sure there are a wide array of meds than can help you.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby americandream » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 17:22:26

This public baring of the soul by all Soviet leaders subsequent to Stalin was the ultimate failure in Revolutionary resolve, and all for what, the rehabilitation of the collective struggle within the namy pamby, latte drinking Western bourgeoisie left. Have we seen that in Western ranks with the likes of Carter, Reagan, Blair and Bush? No!!

Nothing short of a complete overhaul of society will see the twin risks of financial and planet wide excess halted. There can be no accommodation with those who would seek to preserve BAU under any guise. They, for one, do not seek an accommodation but the preservation of the status quo so to ask more of a Marxist is, in my opinion, disingenuous. We have seen where weakness of resolve leads us. Maoist China, that epitome of deceit and lies, is the oxygen by which the Western capitalist draws it's next breath. Post Stalininist oligarchiasm another example of the consequences of weakness.

You labour under some illusion that I subscrible to the values of bogus liberalism. They, in my opinion, are the slow tick of the clock of relativism by which the absolute values we hold society and it achievements accountable, are extinguished. Then we have the likes of the geo-engineers and other assorted deluded clowns advocating pie in the sky measures whilst our planetary home is reduced to a hellish shopping mall and super car park.

Add to this mix, the godmen and their promises of more pie in the sky and yes, it will take the iron fist of resolute struggle to free us of the chains of the capitalist Matrix.

Ludi wrote:<<<<<<<<Thread Hijacking Alert>>>>>>>>

americandream wrote:For someone deep in the Matrix of American capitalist propaganda, to call one of the greatest, most resolute, no nonsensense, no namby pamby Marxists of all time, a dictator is beyond laughable

Sorry I should have said "mass murderer."

:roll:

For you to think I am "deep in the Matrix of American capitalist propaganda" is silly (probably not "beyond laughable," though :lol: ). I guess you don't read what I've posted all these years. But that's ok.

How do you feel about the Khrushchev report to the Twentieth Party Congress in 1956? Do you feel it is accurate? Was Khrushchev a capitalist mole?
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 17:23:16

Laugh away my little stooge. You'll need a sense of humour.

Loki wrote:
americandream wrote:For someone deep in the Matrix of American capitalist propaganda, to call one of the greatest, most resolute, no nonsensense, no namby pamby Marxists of all time, a dictator is beyond laughable. Get one thing straight.

This is my planet. There is a Revolution brewing.

I don't usually bother to read your spew, but both of these statements were downright hilarious. Stalin not a murderous dictator? :lol:

And a communist revolution is a brewin'??? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are either one of the most dedicated straight men I've ever seen, or you're suffering from a particularly virulent form of delusional psychosis. If the latter, I'm sure there are a wide array of meds than can help you.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 17:48:29

I'm not sure what the survivors of the coming economic collapse will call whatever remains of the economic system?

Communism has been tried and has failed, resoundingly. Capitilism will fail because of the overexploitation of the Earth's finite resources and ecology. Everything from feudalism, fascism, and kleptocracies (such as Rome) have all tried and failed.

Its all speculation until after the collapse of capitalism. I'm not sure I'll survive the collapse to still be around to know what the new ism' is afterwards. However, It will most assuredly have to be based on sustainabilty on what ever meager resources the survivors still have available. Call it a 'solar economy' or a 'eco economy'.

This wasn't the point of my post however. Ludi what specifically would you call the 'Earth hour' excercise in futility and absurdity?
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 17:52:31

Repent wrote: Ludi what specifically would you call the 'Earth hour' excercise in futility and absurdity?

Could you answer my question first before I answer yours? Thanks.
Ludi

Unread postby americandream » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 18:10:47

Communism did not fail. it is with us, here and now, the natural function of the commons and the civil society of commonwealth. It still elicits paroxysms of fear in the ranks of the obese and excessive who would seek to sequestrate that commonwealth for their next fix of caviare or call-girl. The seeds of its pure state have been sown and are an intrinsic part of our global wisdom (as much as religion persists in the final stages of the folly of the private, hurrying as it is to its ultimate demise).

Repent wrote:I'm not sure what the survivors of the coming economic collapse will call whatever remains of the economic system?

Communism has been tried and has failed, resoundingly. Capitilism will fail because of the overexploitation of the Earth's finite resources and ecology. Everything from feudalism, fascism, and kleptocracies (such as Rome) have all tried and failed.

Its all speculation until after the collapse of capitalism. I'm not sure I'll survive the collapse to still be around to know what the new ism' is afterwards. However, It will most assuredly have to be based on sustainabilty on what ever meager resources the survivors still have available. Call it a 'solar economy' or a 'eco economy'.

This wasn't the point of my post however. Ludi what specifically would you call the 'Earth hour' excercise in futility and absurdity?
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 18:13:46

The earth hour is one of those acts of denial, a rearranging of the deck chairs whilst the titanic ponzi scheme called capitalism flounders, surrounded by the icebergs of its limits.

Repent wrote:I'm not sure what the survivors of the coming economic collapse will call whatever remains of the economic system?

americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby mos6507 » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 18:17:47

This thread is going the usual direction threads go on peakoil.com, towards extremist Demagoguery .
mos6507

Unread postby americandream » Sun 28 Mar 2010, 18:20:33

There is nothing extreme in stridently recognising our limts but everything extreme in denying it, trying to inculcate a kumbaya somnambulance and deriding (seeking to silence?) those who seek meaningful, lasting change.

mos6507 wrote:This thread is going the usual direction threads go on peakoil.com, towards extremist Demagoguery .
americandream
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate