PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

This is an oil industry jihad.

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: This is an oil industry jihad.

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 07:32:32

GASMON wrote:
americandream wrote:
GASMON wrote:Don't argue with engineers AD - you will loose. Engineers (not money) RUN the modern world.

Gas

Sorry mate. Wrong. I could move the world markets if I chose. I choose not to. For the moment.

Then move 'em up a bit - my shares need a boost !!!!!!!!!!

Gas

Hahaha. That bad!
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 07:49:09

What a load of bullshot.
Last edited by SeaGypsy on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 07:52:42, edited 1 time in total.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 07:55:38

Gas, I have no doubt you are being truthful. I don't believe a thing the drongo you were talking to says.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:00:23

GASMON wrote:No not really. Most of my shares I didn't pay for - We (at British Gas) got bonus shares every year based on profit, and purchase (and sale) of sharesave shares over the years bought my house, car etc - i have no mortgage or loans. I worked bloody hard for that - engineer on standby 1 week in 6, out every night come rain wind & snow for 20 years - but it was honest engineering work (when all the suits and bean counters were fast asleep we were out there spending money, earning money as engineers do !!)

British Gas (split to Centrica, BG & National Grid) shares have done well over the years, BG was merged into Shell last month - £3.83 + 0.4454 of a Shell B share for every BG share was the offer I took. Shell shares though down on there peak are now rising albeit slowly. I certainly didn't loose on that deal.

British Gas floated in 1986 at around £1.36 / share, the collective value (of the above split shares) is just over £30 today, not too bad a return- plus factor in the many dividend payments over the years.

Not bad at all, little risk over the years, Hahaha !!!!

Gas

Looks like a good deal. I am working on moving out of retail this year to tier two and hopefully my own brokerage. A few economies could get a helping hand as I see them as good constructive extensions of the market. I tend to trade currencies and commodities and obviously I will be looking at indices. But there is a lot we can do in the markets to help the system move in less volatile fashion and of course, help to bring confidence back to the markets. You cant really game the market...but you can have fuckups running around the place doing stupid things and bringing unnecessary dramas to our global economy. Our biggest concern is the climate so it would be good to get the kookheads out of the way and motivate the positive sectors and economies so we can work together on this. Ur not dead till you're dead being my reasoning.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:25:13

GASMON wrote:I have my doubts as well sometimes SeaGypsy.

I have found both Rockman & Rockdocs posts in this thread informative. I suspect the Ghawar oilfield still has a lot of oil remaining, but at (increasingly) cost to produce with water injection etc, a subject I know virtually nothing about. My work pre-retirement was gas distribution 100 PSI down to the consumers meter - the last link in the chain.

Certainly AD has valid points re Jihad and the shitstorm that is the Middle East, and it is an ever worsening situation over there, and increasingly over here in Europe (mainland) also.

Interesting times ahead.

gas

Yeah. It has been an interesting exercise in human nature watching the responses to my posts. Its one of those situations where I have hysterical nongs calling me out like our friend who gets really hysterical at times. But there is no way I will divulge my skills....that would be a total fukkin dumb thing to do.

But rest assured, a good price discoverer can go anywhere and see anything he chooses. But like anything, you work in stages to get to where you can be of any use. This place is quite useful as it enables me to collect my thoughts and make my ideas more user friendly without giving away the golden goose. It helps me take structure beyond just day to day trading to broader philosophical questions. Its like you see all of reality, and it works in a practical dollar and cents way but also crosses over into the big life issues. Order is rational...what does that say of irrational systems like Islam...or even notions such as this kudzu story Ibon peddles...I am working on that one at the moment.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:26:47

Those aren't his points, they are everywhere to anyone who looks, not an original thought or lived experience among them. The rest is empty boasting.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:32:31

SeaGypsy wrote:Those aren't his points, they are everywhere to anyone who looks, not an original thought or lived experience among them. The rest is empty boasting.

First it was I was lying. Now its everyone knows this stuff. Make your mind up.
And you still....errr....drive a truck?
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:38:10

I'm not confused about what I said & I doubt anyone is, even you.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:41:37

I am gonna stay here and drive this home. Get used to it. It is a great place to hone my skills in translating this for wider access and you my friend are a necessary challenge...but surmountable...I have been through a lot more challenging stuff. As long as you keep the fat lips and glass bits in face out of your hysteria, I actually welcome your yabbering.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:42:23

americandream wrote:Yeah. It has been an interesting exercise in human nature watching the responses to my posts. Its one of those situations where I have hysterical nongs calling me out like our friend who gets really hysterical at times. But there is no way I will divulge my skills....that would be a total fukkin dumb thing to do.

But rest assured, a good price discoverer can go anywhere and see anything he chooses. But like anything, you work in stages to get to where you can be of any use. This place is quite useful as it enables me to collect my thoughts and make my ideas more user friendly without giving away the golden goose. It helps me take structure beyond just day to day trading to broader philosophical questions. Its like you see all of reality, and it works in a practical dollar and cents way but also crosses over into the big life issues. Order is rational...what does that say of irrational systems like Islam...or even notions such as this kudzu story Ibon peddles...I am working on that one at the moment.

Americandream we each seek the structure of the Universe in our own way and filter what we observe through our own pre conceived image of how things should be. I take comfort from the fact that all of us assume things not in evidence to be true for much of this, IOW we take things on faith.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:47:17

Subjectivist wrote:
americandream wrote:Yeah. It has been an interesting exercise in human nature watching the responses to my posts. Its one of those situations where I have hysterical nongs calling me out like our friend who gets really hysterical at times. But there is no way I will divulge my skills....that would be a total fukkin dumb thing to do.

Americandream we each seek the structure of the Universe in our own way and filter what we observe through our own pre conceived image of how things should be. I take comfort from the fact that all of us assume things not in evidence to be true for much of this, IOW we take things on faith.

This is a hard measurable daily reality that delivers dollars and cents. Its quite rational. As I said, watch this space as I try and work out how to make this user friendly without the trading bits. You people dont need to know that but of course, I have to work on the other stuff. Needless to say, evolution in the case of a conscious species has its own unique direction,
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 09:03:23

GASMON wrote:This is interesting

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 22546.html

Saudi Arabia is reportedly seeking a bank loan of $6 to $8 billion is what would be the first significant borrowing by the kingdom's government for more than a decade. It emerged that Saudi Arabia was looking to borrow money to shore up its public finances last week.

The kingdom has asked banks to submit proposals to lend it a five-year dollar loan of between $6 and $8 billion, Reuters reported, citing sources close to the matter. Saudi has also asked for the option to increase the loan from this initial limit, as it looks to plug a record budget deficit of £100 billion in 2015 alone.

The kingdom is selling off foreign assets and issuing domestic bonds to try and shrink that deficit that has opened up since oil prices have slumped from over $100 a barrel in 2014 to around $30 a barrel today.

Gas

The Saudis feel the axe descending as they overstep the mark in their dilly dallyings in the Muslim world. Of course, attacking the Western oil industry is their fugged up way of try to ensure that they are indispensable. Hmmm. NOT.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Re: Sea Level Rise

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 09:22:07

But I will criticise you, politely, for your foolhardiness in stoking alarm unduly when we can actually work positively for a rational resolution to our problems...for the sake of our children...you know...children, the little people we owe a right to to try and at least have a go...and not run off on boats or away up mountains and hide our heads as if that will help.

So you people are my guinea pigs as I develop my skills to convey my knowledge in convincing ways. Clearly I have a ways to go going by your hostile reactions...but I am here to convince...not massage egos..and that is the tricky bit...a firm hand but one that informs.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 09:44:47

dohboi wrote:This is a request that we at least try to get somewhat back on topic on this thread.

What do people think is the most likely trajectory for sea level rise and why? What areas are they most familiar with that they think are most on the forefront of danger from slr? We know about Newf's preps. Are others who may be affected by slr making some kind of preps or other long-ish range plans to deal with what seems like the inevitable crash in real estate values of low-lying coastal properties? Do people know others with such properties? Are they aware of the coming crash in value of their property? Do they care?

I personally dont care. I would rather acquire enough influence to change policies at the political level. I am not gonna die till I die.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby ralfy » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 11:55:44

americandream wrote:
The markets merely quantify all activity on this planet via exchange. No great secret to the data. You have sex, buy a lolly, the lions eat an agri cow....all of that appears in that data. The data is rational and ordered for decisiveness, noisy for indecisiveness or volatility. The more ordered, the more they trend, the noisier they are, the more volatile. We are in the midst of major dislocation with Islam/nationalism increasingly seeing to usurp utilitarian capitalist rules...hence more chaos.

They are still not connected because natural selection does not involve data nor markets.

Also, it's not "Islam/nationalism" that will "usurp utilitarian capitalist rules" but capitalism itself.

Finally, capitalism is not necessarily utilitarian when price mechanisms are involved.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 14:03:17

Drongo- Aussie for f'wit.

As in- "this drongo thinks if he is boastful enough nobody will take him to task".

Really how anybody even gets such an idea is beyond me. Most reminiscent of chronic functional gamblers I have known, can barely keep it together enough to maintain a facade of success while making out they are really living way below their means & in reality mum & dad or the boss own the car, the house, everything. There's no place like the internet for maintaining a facade- "here's me leaning on my Lambo" "_here's me with my thoroughbreds" "here's my private jet & my condo building in Dubai" etc etc.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance