Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Vaccine Thread Pt.2

Discussions related to the physiological and psychological effects of peak oil on our members and future generations.

Re: New York state: "get vaccinated or get fired"

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 14:28:08

I agree with Dr. Nancy. it is COMPLETLY irresonsible to not get vaccinated, esepcially as a health care worker with the potential to spread the virus to thousands of others in a hospital. If you are really that nuts and tin foil, take a leave of absence or quit. As far as I am concerned I lump all the anti vaccine people with this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiXmw5a9kiM
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 14:34:57

TheAntiDoomer wrote:I agree with Dr. Nancy. it is COMPLETLY irresonsible to not get vaccinated, esepcially as a health care worker with the potential to spread the virus to thousands of others in a hospital. If you are really that nuts and tin foil, take a leave of absence or quit. As far as I am concerned I lump all the anti vaccine people with this guy:

AntiDoomer, probably 30% of the nation already has H1N1 anyway. And by the time October 15ths rolls around, a good 50% will have already contracted it.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 14:37:22

Sixstrings wrote:
TheAntiDoomer wrote:I agree with Dr. Nancy. it is COMPLETLY irresonsible to not get vaccinated, esepcially as a health care worker with the potential to spread the virus to thousands of others in a hospital. If you are really that nuts and tin foil, take a leave of absence or quit. As far as I am concerned I lump all the anti vaccine people with this guy:

AntiDoomer, probably 30% of the nation already has H1N1 anyway. And by the time October 15ths rolls around, a good 50% will have already contracted it.

1) That is a HUGE assumption. Any data to back up dem facts?

2) Still does not excuse health workers for spreading it even more. Again completly irresonsible, and if a nurse or doctor transmitted it to a patient and that patient died after they refused the vaccine, id bring em up on charges.
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 14:47:56

TheAntiDoomer wrote:1) That is a HUGE assumption. Any data to back up dem facts?

Well.. myself and four people I know have had a severe flu within the last 3 weeks. I read somewhere that odds are 98% it's swine flu, since regular flu season hadn't started yet.

The person whom I believe gave it to me ended up giving it to everyone in her office.. one of her co-workers got "the test" and it was confirmed -- H1N1. So I'll admit my data is purely anecdotal.. just seems to me that if me and all these people I know had it, at least 30% of the country must have it by now.

For anyone who does come down with this.. don't play around, it's not a joke. Stay home and rest until you're better.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby thuja » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 16:33:17

Health care worker here at a local hospital. And they are mandating that everyone receive the vaccine. When a number of us balked they said we could come to work if we wore masks. But now they're starting to get nervous about even saying that. Seems someone could easily play the religious descrimination card and sue the hospital for making them take a vaccine.

It looks like the only way this will actually be "mandatory" is if the gubmint declares a state of emergency and demands that it be mandatory- in other words- unlikely.

Oh and anti-doomer...

Remind me why I should take an untested vaccine? And the last time they had a vaccine for this illness- didn't turn out so great...

I'll take my chances...and if I get sick...I'll stay home.
No Soup for You!!
thuja
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 16:52:46

Sixstrings wrote:Stay home and rest until you're better.

You mean IF you get better.
mos6507

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 17:29:35

By the way, here's some info that people are concerned about with this vaccine:

The worst, most immediate effect from the flu vaccines may come from the high amount of squalene added as an adjuvant.

What can result from squalene is a cytokine storm, which is an over reacting, berserk immune system that attacks the lungs, the brain and nervous system, creating a variety of neurological or autoimmune diseases. This happened in the 1976 bogus flu scare and to soldiers who were vaccinated against anthrax during Gulf War I. It has been reported that the squalene content will be even higher in these Swine Flu Vaccines.
http://www.naturalnews.com/027106_vaccination_Vitamin_D_vaccinations.html

I'm no doctor, but I'm old enough to have learned that Doctor Does Not Always Know Best.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Goatlady » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 18:03:58

Haven't posted in a long time as webtv is not compatible since the PO upgrade. Right now we're in Daytona Beach as my sister is in the hospital (she is extremely ill and has been since her stroke in Janurary of this year). She has been in the hospital for two weeks now. She was isolated due to ESBL from a UTI. When we first started going to visit - she was almost the only room with a yellow metal cabinet outside her room(for the gowns and gloves we had to wear). Right now on the one half of the floor she is on there are 12 isolation boxes - it's started to look like a yellow cabinet explosion!
One of the local elementary schools is having problems with too many students out with the 'flu'. My sister's nurse today had something that was causing her to sniffle, cough, and sneeze... and she is taking care of these folks with the 'yellow boxes'.
We don't advocate vaccinations, but it would be nice if she stayed home while she feels like this, ya know?
Goatlady
Wood
Wood

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Wed 30 Sep 2009, 22:28:24

Sixstrings wrote:I was watching MSNBC today, and their chief medical correspondent (Dr. Nancy something) said it's "irresponsible" for healthcare workers to not get vaccinated.

Whatever. It's the flu for Christ sake. At least she didn't call me a baby killer. :)

What has me annoyed is that it's somehow acceptable for medical corespondents to be so biased.. unlike a real reporter, the Dr. Guptas and Dr. Nancys of the world throw their opinions out like it's news, and because they happen to be physicians there's no counter-argument presented.

Gupta is a prick. There's actually a group of doctors on facebook dedicated to rebutting stuff he says.

I'm no doctor, but I'm old enough to have learned that Doctor Does Not Always Know Best.

I'm not that old, but I've got tons of drug rep swag from drugs that have ended up killing people and were pulled from the market. Any doctor that doesn't realize that medicine is dangerous stuff is an idiot. Unless you're a total choade, it's a very humbling profession. An amazing amount of the stuff that you tell people ends up being dead wrong.
"We were standing on the edges
Of a thousand burning bridges
Sifting through the ashes every day
What we thought would never end
Now is nothing more than a memory
The way things were before
I lost my way" - OCMS
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Forced Vaccinations Federal Court Says No To Government

Unread postby deMolay » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 12:30:06

This should start a discussion. The court issued an injucntion valid in all US states saying no forced vaccinations and holding them responsible. http://theburningplatform.com/economy/f ... -to-say-no
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Forced Vaccinations Federal Court Says No To Government

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 12:46:34

Apparently the article is erroneous. There's been no injunction issued. link
"We were standing on the edges
Of a thousand burning bridges
Sifting through the ashes every day
What we thought would never end
Now is nothing more than a memory
The way things were before
I lost my way" - OCMS
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Unread postby frankthetank » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 10:16:11

I see it two ways. This vaccine is either going to somehow kill us or make us sterile :) ! OR the vaccine is going to save your life when the H1N1 superbug is released :) !!!

Why force people? Start handing out free sandwiches from Subway or a hat/t shirt and you'll have them lining up at the door...no need for that. Take a page out of the Iraq book. They hand out money over there to get people to calm down...it works!
lawns should be outlawed.
frankthetank
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 11:16:11

First, I heard there'd be about 7M doses available. Then, I heard 3M. Then, I heard no, there'd be 6M, but, it would be 3M in two waves.
And, of course, there's been quite a bit of speculation about the drug(s) since NO studies regarding it/them have been finished.
My questions:
a) Using the 7M number, what percentage of the American population could be treated?
b) who will be collecting data on (possibly) the world's largest drug study?
c) if this is a copy/mutant of the 1957 flu, who got it out of the vault?

Was watching the beginning of The Stand (by S. King) the other night, and noticed that they called the pandemic flu going around, 'Swine Flu."
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby JJ » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 15:06:03

Ferretlover wrote:First, I heard there'd be about 7M doses available. Then, I heard 3M. Then, I heard no, there'd be 6M, but, it would be 3M in two waves.
And, of course, there's been quite a bit of speculation about the drug(s) since NO studies regarding it/them have been finished.
My questions:
a) Using the 7M number, what percentage of the American population could be treated?
b) who will be collecting data on (possibly) the world's largest drug study?
c) if this is a copy/mutant of the 1957 flu, who got it out of the vault?

Was watching the beginning of The Stand (by S. King) the other night, and noticed that they called the pandemic flu going around, 'Swine Flu."

I thought it was Cap"n Trips....
JJ
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

CFR:Artificial shot scarcity will panic J6P to vaccinate

Unread postby Jotapay » Tue 03 Nov 2009, 15:08:40

The Council on Foreign Relations just had a symposium where they discussed the swine flu vaccination programs and the growing public resistance to vaccination. They state that they must combat these "crazy people" and that they could create a sense of vaccine shortage to trick J6P into panicking and rushing to vaccinate. This was released in a CFR audio blog.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=23a_1257107005

The "PANIC NOW!!" editing and effects are amusing, I thought.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: CFR:Artificial shot scarcity will panic J6P to vaccinate

Unread postby jbrovont » Tue 03 Nov 2009, 15:39:08

It works for getting people to buy Nintendos and Furbies - I can see this working too.
Jotapay wrote:The Council on Foreign Relations just had a symposium where they discussed the swine flu vaccination programs and the growing public resistance to vaccination. They state that they must combat these "crazy people" and that they could create a sense of vaccine shortage to trick J6P into panicking and rushing to vaccinate. This was released in a CFR audio blog.
link The "PANIC NOW!!" editing and effects are amusing, I thought.
jbrovont
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: THE Vaccine Thread (merged)

Unread postby Ferretlover » Tue 03 Nov 2009, 16:34:42

Think Swine flu is serious? Apparently not as bad as pneumonia:
UN: $39 billion needed for pneumonia By MARIA CHENG, AP Medical Writer Maria Cheng, Ap Medical Writer – Sun Nov 1, 7:01 pm ET:
LONDON – To fight pneumonia, the world's top killer of children, United Nations officials say they need $39 billion (euro26.35 billion) over the next six years. On the first World Pneumonia Day on Monday, the World Health Organization and UNICEF are releasing a global plan aiming to save more than 5 million children from dying of pneumonia by 2015.
The plea for money is less than what has been spent on more high-profile diseases like AIDS, despite the fact pneumonia kills more children than AIDS, malaria and measles combined.
"This is very simply the biggest killer people never hear about," said Orin Levine, a public health expert at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health, who has advised WHO and UNICEF. Pneumonia accounts for about 20 percent of all child deaths every year; AIDS causes about 2 percent. –snip—
AP
WHO: Millions of Children Need Not Die From Pneumonia By Lisa Schlein , Geneva, 2 Nov 2009:
… The release of this new strategy coincides with the first international World Pneumonia Day. Pneumonia is the world's leading cause of death among children. It kills nearly two million children under age five every year.
U.N. agencies say pneumonia is responsible for one in four child deaths, more than HIV/AIDS, malaria and measles combined. Every 15 seconds a child dies of pneumonia. More than 98 percent of these deaths occur in 68 developing countries. …

VOA
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Re: Vaccine Refusal Puts Kids at Risk for Whooping Cough

Unread postby Jotapay » Tue 03 Nov 2009, 16:57:09

bilge
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: THE Vaccine Thread (merged)

Unread postby JJ » Tue 03 Nov 2009, 18:26:01

email I received today from Hawaii:

Eventually, she said, the Department of Health and the Hawai'i National Guard would be administering swine flu vaccine to the general public statewide.
"It's not just going to be children, or course," Lingle said. "It will be everybody."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... ion+begins
JJ
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Vaccines and Autism

Unread postby dukey » Sat 06 Feb 2010, 07:34:23

"One of the larger studies under review comes from the CDC's own Vaccine Safety Datalink. Under independent investigation, CDC's data concludes children are 27-times more likely to develop autism after exposure to three thimerosal-containing vaccines (TCVs), than those who receive thimerosal-free versions."

http://www.nationalautismassociation.or ... -06-04.php

I guess all that mercury they have in the vaccines is that needed? people up after all.
dukey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Medical Issues Forum