Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE UK Thread Pt. 13

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Manchester UK 5/22/2017 Terror Attack

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 25 May 2017, 13:54:30

3543249-peace-quotes-on-terrorism.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Thu 25 May 2017, 15:55:48

onlooker wrote:
3543249-peace-quotes-on-terrorism.jpg

Biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever read here. And that is saying a lot. I'm glad that wasn't the attitude we had in WW2 or you would be speaking Japanese or German.

These people mean to kill us at any opportunity that they can get and no amount of laying down, placating them, or otherwise making kissy-faces at them will stop them. You want to stop them, you have to eliminate them from the face of the planet.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Thu 25 May 2017, 18:54:34

Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 25 May 2017, 19:24:03

They've now determined that the Manchester bombing was radicalized, along with many other Brit Muslims, at a mosque in Didsbury where there was an active ISIS recruiter.

If the Brits really want to reduce the threat from Islamic terrorism in Britain, they could start by closing the Didsbury mosque, and arresting all ISIS sympathizers there along with the Imam in charge there.

baby-faced-ISIS-recruiter-knew-Manchester-bomber-Didsbury-Mosque

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Thu 25 May 2017, 20:50:27

Plantagenet wrote:They've now determined that the Manchester bombing was radicalized, along with many other Brit Muslims, at a mosque in Didsbury where there was an active ISIS recruiter.

If the Brits really want to reduce the threat from Islamic terrorism in Britain, they could start by closing the Didsbury mosque, and arresting all ISIS sympathizers there along with the Imam in charge there.

baby-faced-ISIS-recruiter-knew-Manchester-bomber-Didsbury-Mosque

Cheers!

and if the US wants to reduce the far greater risk of Heart disease they should improve health care for all

radical anti Obamacare sympathisers need to be flushed out

Terrorist attacks are horrible they do grab headlines, because they are sudden,random and brutal and innocent people die unnecessarily, but as the above list shows other things are way more dangerous.

Angry young men with economic opportunities, living in an inclusive, fairer society will probably be easier to control.
But thats the hard bit

PO will make it harder
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 26 May 2017, 01:47:04

Shaved Monkey wrote:Terrorist attacks are horrible they do grab headlines, because they are sudden,random and brutal and innocent people die unnecessarily, but as the above list shows other things are way more dangerous.

Haven't you noticed that there are more Islamist terror attacks in Britain and elsewhere then there were just a few years ago?

The trend is very clear---the horrible Islamic mass murder attacks we are seeing now are precursors to more frequent and larger Islamist terrroist attacks in the future. As more and more Muslims migrate to Europe the terrorist threat will continue to grow.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 26 May 2017, 03:06:11

Plantagenet wrote:
Shaved Monkey wrote:Terrorist attacks are horrible they do grab headlines, because they are sudden,random and brutal and innocent people die unnecessarily, but as the above list shows other things are way more dangerous.

Haven't you noticed that there are more Islamist terror attacks in Britain and elsewhere then there were just a few years ago?

The trend is very clear---the horrible Islamic mass murder attacks we are seeing now are precursors to more frequent and larger Islamist terrroist attacks in the future. As more and more Muslims migrate to Europe the terrorist threat will continue to grow.

Cheers!

This time around the Authorities were "unlucky" as this attack slipped through the net, in recent years they have stopped about 95% of all precious attempts to launch attacks.

Unless you eliminate the source, you'll never get 100% success!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 26 May 2017, 21:29:11

What is clear to me is the overall radicalization of our culture. Be it of Islamics, Jews, Fundamentalist, Secularist, sexual non-conformist, Communist, American Exceptionalism, whatever. Social structure is disintegrating.

It is terribly difficult to have any kind of realistic view of the world because the media is so biased and focused on entertaining us. But what follows are my musings, my gut reaction, at the moment, subject to modification.

I sense that we are retreating into social and cultural and ethnic enclaves. We are retreating such because it is our natural survival instinct to rally round and protect our colony. Some, many perhaps, have no clear sense of their identity, their colony, they are lost and scared souls who are reacting poorly. Others have a clear sense and are more ruthless, sensing the carnage to come. There is no right or wrong in this, it simply is what it is. Its not a fast crumbling of culture, although it could be, but it is a certain erosion away from the high social order we once had. We are still near the top, but the crest of global social community has been crossed, probably with the Marshall Plan as the apex. The path downward into localization will be long and depressing. Its possible the descent will be accelerated, but not certain.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, just reflecting the state of my soul at the moment. I'm thrilled we have our boats and can largely be absent from this madness by existing in more remote and civil places. My condolences to all who are caught in the culture, who are so much a part of it that they can not see it for what it is, who can not escape.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 26 May 2017, 21:44:50

Newfie wrote:
I sense that we are retreating into social and cultural and ethnic enclaves. We are retreating such because it is our natural survival instinct to rally round and protect our colony. Some, many perhaps, have no clear sense of their identity, their colony, they are lost and scared souls who are reacting poorly. Others have a clear sense and are more ruthless, sensing the carnage to come. There is no right or wrong in this, it simply is what it is. Its not a fast crumbling of culture, although it could be, but it is a certain erosion away from the high social order we once had. We are still near the top, but the crest of global social community has been crossed, probably with the Marshall Plan as the apex. The path downward into localization will be long and depressing. Its possible the descent will be accelerated, but not certain.

I agree with you but I absolutely do not see this as a downer trend. I see it the opposite. This move toward retreating into social enclaves is because the dominant BAU and status quo is weakening and we are therefore seeing a loosening of the grip this has had on society and on what folks have assumed as consensus reality.

This retreating sounds initially like a retreat to racism, nationalism, ethnic tribalism. In fact, this retreating is the necessary seeds initially to provide a greater diversity of alternative living arrangements in the future. We will splinter into many tribal arrangements, some brutally primitive, others will pull together in modern versions of Quakers or Amish or who knows what.

Out of this splintering at some point the cycle will move once again toward a coalescing of some new status quo.

We are not going to have any chance of ever establishing some kind of more sustainable society without first splintering into factions. That breeds diversity in the end even if it is so highly destabilizing that we have social disorder. It as a necessary step. And almost a relief to see this happening after decades of the status quo being so resilient and so powerful in creating a singular mono culture on the planet. A mono culture of consumption. The ultimate Kudzu Ape.

Time to shake the monkeys up a bit.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 27 May 2017, 09:40:46

Gas,

911 was a pretty big shake up here.

But then again we have these periodic mass shootings to keep us awake.

I rented a car in a remote Bahamian island. To return the car I was told to just park it on the street and leave the keys on the floor. Crime is apparently almost unknown. Poor but harmonious.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 27 May 2017, 13:09:12

GASMON wrote:Us Brits have no need to "retreat" in our own country, nor will we be suppressed by imported ideologies.

The fact is we are a multi ethnic / multi religion country and are VERY tolerant of ethnic and religious freedoms etc. - to a degree.

The rubicon was crossed last monday however. We will never retreat or cower, that's not part of the British psyche.

And to add, we (the west) should stop military actions in other countries, it only adds fuel to the fire.
Gas

Stiff upper lip, man. Buck up there.

Stopping military action and withdrawing from the war against the people who attacked you is retreating and cowering.

No doubt the Manchester bomber up in jihadi heaven will be delighted that his attack has caused some Brits to wish to withdraw from the war against the Caliphate.

Never give up. Never surrender.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 27 May 2017, 14:27:58

You know I read Gasmon and he is rightly angry and outraged yet he still has the presence of mind to understand this "And to add, we (the west) should stop military actions in other countries, it only adds fuel to the fire."
And then we have this :
Civilians Killed by US Largely Ignored as Endless “Global War on Terrorism” Continues

http://www.globalresearch.ca/civilians- ... es/5591920
I suppose the hatred and violence will continue to feed upon itself as all protagonists are consumed by it
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 27 May 2017, 15:10:24

onlooker wrote:You know I read Gasmon and he is rightly angry and outraged yet he still has the presence of mind to understand this "And to add, we (the west) should stop military actions in other countries, it only adds fuel to the fire."
And then we have this :
Civilians Killed by US Largely Ignored as Endless “Global War on Terrorism” Continues

http://www.globalresearch.ca/civilians- ... es/5591920
I suppose the hatred and violence will continue to feed upon itself as all protagonists are consumed by it

War is hell. Civilians are inevitably killed by both sides during wars.

The sooner we defeat ISIS and destroy the Caliphate the sooner the war will end and the sooner the killing of civilians will end.

Cheers!

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 27 May 2017, 15:49:52

The Islamic threat will remain as long as Muslims read and follow the Koran.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 27 May 2017, 20:51:26

Brit intelligence service says there are 23,000 jihadis living in the UK, with 3000 posing an imminent threat

there-are-23000-jihadis-living-britain-3000-pose-imminent-threat

This is crazy. The UK needs to arrest and detain the 3000 jihadis who are an "imminent threat" immediately, and then start working on a plan to expel them and the 20,000 others jihadis back to Syria, Libya, etc.

Why would you let 3000 enemy soldiers live in England and continue to plot and scheme to kill the innocent people around them. Hello?? That doesn't make any sense.

Go! Leave the UK forever! You will no longer live here and plot against us...GO BACK TO THE HELL YOU CAME FROM!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sun 28 May 2017, 08:43:16

Cog wrote:The Islamic threat will remain as long as Muslims read and follow the Koran.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but they are certainly a threat when they're in places that don't have Islamic law.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 28 May 2017, 09:40:25

On the other hand, we are a threat to them in their homeland.

I despise their ethics, but it it is THEIR ethics. We should get out of their territory.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 28 May 2017, 11:38:48

Ahmen.

And can't say we were not warned.

Eisenhauer farewell address.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/17/132942244 ... ears-later
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Sun 28 May 2017, 16:14:34

There are all sorts of reasons to sell arms to others in the world.

1) It keeps our defense contractors busy and in business once they have fulfilled US DOD contracts.
2) Provides real world testing of US military technology in combat.
3) Because if we don't sell arms, someone else will
4) We have the ability to influence those who buy our weaponry.
5) Because of my dividends
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 28 May 2017, 16:23:08

Cog, none of those reasons directly relate to why would we sell Arms to KSA. We publicly acknowledge they are a patron of extremist Muslims. I think we know that Oil has a little to do with it.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Discussion