Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Russia & Natural Gas Thread Pt 2 (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Gazprom Thread (merged)

Unread postby dissident » Thu 08 Mar 2018, 18:56:23

Can't wait for the 2019 completion of the gas trunk pipeline to China. Russia can divert the gas exports from the EU to China (and save its reserves). The EU can go and eat Yankee LNG cake. It will be totally morally clean as it will not have to buy cheap Russian piped gas. Burning 30% of the gas to produce 70% in a liquified state is surely the best thing for humanity ever.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 08 Mar 2018, 21:45:09

dissident wrote:Can't wait for the 2019 completion of the gas trunk pipeline to China. Russia can divert the gas exports from the EU to China (and save its reserves). The EU can go and eat Yankee LNG cake. It will be totally morally clean as it will not have to buy cheap Russian piped gas. Burning 30% of the gas to produce 70% in a liquified state is surely the best thing for humanity ever.

Humanity's benefit has nothing to do with it. Profit however...has everything to do with it.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby M_B_S » Fri 09 Mar 2018, 03:50:24

GAS CRISIS 2018 DEJAVU

Natural gas standoff between Russia and Ukraine leaves Europe on edge
Ukrainian civilians were immediate losers in fallout from 4-year legal battle

By Christian Borys, CBC News Posted: Mar 08, 2018 4:00 AM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia-ukr ... -1.4566289

With billions of dollars on the line and Russia's presidential election around the corner, two bitter enemies locked horns last week over heat-producing natural gas during a brutal cold spell in Europe.

But the tense standoff between Ukraine and Russia also left Europeans on the edge of their seats, asking what's next when it comes to their future supply of the highly lucrative resource....

Once again UKRAINE will not pay for its GasBills and West Europe is the "Idiot"

Build the Bypasses ready and f.... Ukraine!
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sat 10 Mar 2018, 10:27:48

This Swedish Arbitration Tribunal is a total joke. They actually used Banderastan's economic problems as one of the factors in their decision. Gee, how charitable. Will my bank give me heavy discounts on my loan payments if I have a hard time paying? How about my grocery store? Will they sell me food for next to nothing? Utter BS just like the ruling from this joke tribunal. A pure political decision designed to screw over Russia in favour of the illegal coup regime in Kiev.

No more pandering to NATO clowns and their proxies.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 17 Mar 2018, 06:49:14

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeatin ... 6fc11a490b

MAR 14, 2018 @ 10:25 AM 1,206
As Another Arctic Freeze Approaches Europe, Fears Grow Over Gas Supplies

This week, as Europeans were just beginning to thaw out from record-setting low temperatures last month, they learned that their welcoming of Spring was premature.

A large arctic airmass nicknamed the “Beast from the East” stretched from the Russian Far East to the British Isles in late February and early March, causing record-low temperatures well below freezing in Western Europe. It was the worst winter weather in the UK and Ireland for 30 years.

Weather warmed up over the past two weeks, and today it is 14°C (57°F) in Brussels. But on Saturday the Beast will return, plunging Brussels temperatures down to -5°C (23°F). Now there is some doubt about whether Europe will have the gas to keep people warm during this new freeze.

Gas markets across Europe are already reeling from the Beast’s earlier visit. Demand soared and prices reached record highs at the end of February. Gas stocks in Northwest Europe are now at a seven-year low. Withdrawal rates are severely constrained by the lack of inventory.

The new freeze is expected to last a week, and gas prices have already started to spike in anticipation. UK NBP within-day and day-ahead contracts were trading at 80 p/th (Eur30.73/MWh) early Monday, and contracts for March 19-23, reaching 85 p/th. Dutch and German gas prices also rose.

We told you so years ago....

PEAK GAS IN EUROPE as NORWAY UK GERMAN and NETHERLAND FIELDS are running dry fast.

PEAK GAS + OIL

M_B_S
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Europe Discussion