Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Republican (general) Thread pt 5

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Republican (general) Thread pt 5

Unread postby jedrider » Tue 18 May 2021, 13:24:34

Why the Republicans' Lying works so well
https://www.rawstory.com/why-the-republicans-big-lie-works-so-well-a-sociopathic-party-and-a-damaged-country/

Of course, one can say that all politicians lie, but it's the scope of the lying that is so appalling.

Psychologically, we're all known that if one wants to have one's lies accepted most soundly, make sure it is a big and preposterous lie
(or transgression) so that once someone is hooked on it, they can't easily free themselves from such a lie (or of accepting such transgression).

I have to think that some Republicans are just cynical and whatever damages the Democratic party (basically, the other party) is a worthwhile good however ignominious it is at face value.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 23 May 2021, 21:30:45

Dismissed in 2012, this diagnosis of GOP ills has now become undeniable
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/23/politics/republicans-extremists-worse-than-2012/index.html

The essay described congressional extremists, their rejection of truth, a party turning into authoritarians or "an apocalyptic cult." It bore a striking headline:
"Let's just say it: The Republicans are the problem."

That wasn't so difficult now.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby aadbrd » Sun 23 May 2021, 23:16:57

aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 24 May 2021, 02:18:33

jedrider wrote:"Let's just say it: The Republicans are the problem.".

???????

The Ds are in complete control of the levers of power in Washington DC.

Its silly to say the Rs are the problem when they don't have any political power to do anything

If there are problems out there that need fixing, then those are problems the Ds are failing to fix, because the Ds are currently in power.

The Ds are in power in DC now and its the Ds job to fix things.....but instead the Ds whine on endlessly about the Rs. Personally, I wish the Ds would just get to it and fix things as they promised to do before they won the last election.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby aadbrd » Mon 24 May 2021, 10:36:41

Plantagenet wrote:The Ds are in power in DC now and its the Ds job to fix things.....but instead the Ds whine on endlessly about the Rs.

What makes you think they aren't? Shall I list all of Biden's reversals of Trump policies starting right after his swearing-in ceremony?

Not only that, it's really Republicans who have no platform other than grievance for the other party.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 24 May 2021, 16:06:09

aadbrd wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:The Ds are in power in DC now and its the Ds job to fix things.....but instead the Ds whine on endlessly about the Rs.

What makes you think they aren't? Shall I list all of Biden's reversals of Trump policies starting right after his swearing-in ceremony?

Not only that, it's really Republicans who have no platform other than grievance for the other party.

+ 1

Your move Planty. Despite all the issues I have with the Democrat platform on endless "take from the producers, and give to the whiners who will vote Dem", time for you to actually make a SUBSTANTIVE case, with actual DATA, or shut the hell up.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 25 May 2021, 11:14:43

Biden's reversing of all policies Trump is not working out very well. From the jobs lost on the Keystone pipeline to the ongoing fiasco at the border to Iranian policy he has not had a winning play yet.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby aadbrd » Tue 25 May 2021, 15:17:44

vtsnowedin wrote:Biden's reversing of all policies Trump is not working out very well.

I'm shocked, shocked you would have such an opinion.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 25 May 2021, 20:21:15

aadbrd wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:Biden's reversing of all policies Trump is not working out very well.

I'm shocked, shocked you would have such an opinion.

I am not shocked that you disagree. :)
But for starters tell me something Biden has done that is working well and don't try to say the rollout of Covid Vaccines is something Biden could have actually done if Trump had not made it possible.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Tue 25 May 2021, 23:32:28

Yeah! Why aren't the Democrats able to accomplish anything?

Republicans are making the Democrats look like fools
https://www.alternet.org/2021/05/biden-infrastructure/

So, why don't the Republicans here show us how leadership is accomplished rather than rail about Democrats on a Republican thread?
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 26 May 2021, 07:30:36

The Republicans don't have to do anything to make Biden look stupid. Just let him talk. And to add to that is the pressure exerted by Bernie and AOC etc.
Things like adding in child care into a massive wish list bill labeled "Infrastructure" is ridiculous on it's face and deserve no Republican votes.
When Democrats complain that Republicans will not negotiate in good faith what they are really complaining about is the Republicans unwillingness to completely surrender to bad policy and law.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby aadbrd » Wed 26 May 2021, 15:40:05

vtsnowedin wrote:The Republicans don't have to do anything to make Biden look stupid.

This sort of rhetoric is part and parcel of why democracy is broken in this country. It's not that I have a problem with Democrats and Republicans having different policies, but merely spinning a policy difference into a cheap put-down just accomplishes nothing to further serious political discourse. It's the Trumpification of the Republican party, where anyone who gets in your way, Democrat or Republican, is deserving of abuse, sort of like Marjorie Taylor Green's now-deleted tweet calling McCarthy a feckless c*nt.

I mean, who exactly is this sort of messaging aimed at? It's not exactly going to move any future undecided voters in the mid-terms. All it does is play to the base, so it's useless whining, really. Enjoy stewing in your own juices, vt, because that's what happens when your side loses FAIR AND LEGITIMATE elections.

Oh, and as for "looking stupid", we all know Trump "let's all drink bleach" was the king of that. There's policy, and then there's just basic congenital stupidity, and Trump cornered the market on both.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 26 May 2021, 20:56:51

Why it's called Fascism, what Republicans are doing:

Here's what it really means for the Republican Party to embrace fascism
https://www.alternet.org/2021/05/republican-party-fascism/

So, I'm just trying to figure out why it has been so successful and, maybe, Democrats should start emulating Republicans mastery of the political arts.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby aadbrd » Thu 27 May 2021, 11:11:27

jedrider wrote:Democrats should start emulating Republicans mastery of the political arts.

The extreme left are following the Marxist model, which is effective in its own way.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 30 May 2021, 11:27:58

The insurrection and anti-democratic stance now seems to be a permanent feature of the Republican party.

The Insurrection Isn’t Over
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/insurrection-republican-party-trump_n_60b1217ae4b04ddf13edbe9d

I don't mean that type of lesson though for the Democratic Party to learn, as I was just referring to the ruthless pursuit of dominance.

I think that bipartisanship is a thing of the past and not worth pursuing at this time for Democrats, but they should appeal to all voters except for the most deluded, which appears to be 50% of the Republican leaning voters in my estimation.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 30 May 2021, 20:21:20

jedrider wrote:I think that bipartisanship is a thing of the past …..

Quite so.

All that nonsense from Biden and the Ds about wanting bipartisanship was always just a pack of lies all along.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 05 Jun 2021, 19:23:22

Fox businesse's Varney and company is going to have Trump on Monday morning at 9:00 A.M.. I think that is a big mistake by Varney as giving Trump any megaphone hurts the Republican party and all conservatives. It is time for Trump to fade away if not go to jail.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 05 Jun 2021, 21:17:56

Plantagenet wrote:
jedrider wrote:I think that bipartisanship is a thing of the past …..

Quite so.

All that nonsense from Biden and the Ds about wanting bipartisanship was always just a pack of lies all along.

Cheers!

Mitch McConnell optimistic about bipartisan infrastructure deal.

McConnell Says ‘100%’ of His Focus Is on Blocking Biden Agenda

Yes...all that nonsense...oops.....birds of a feather I guess....
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 13 Jun 2021, 12:16:00

Plantagenet wrote:
jedrider wrote:"Let's just say it: The Republicans are the problem.".

???????

The Ds are in complete control of the levers of power in Washington DC.

Its silly to say the Rs are the problem when they don't have any political power to do anything

If there are problems out there that need fixing, then those are problems the Ds are failing to fix, because the Ds are currently in power.

The Ds are in power in DC now and its the Ds job to fix things.....but instead the Ds whine on endlessly about the Rs. Personally, I wish the Ds would just get to it and fix things as they promised to do before they won the last election.

Cheers!

What a complete crock of you-know-what :-D
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 13 Jun 2021, 12:19:47

Since this is the Republican thread and NOT the Democrat thread:

"Florida has become the latest state to ban critical race theory,continuing the growing charge by Republican lawmakers against schools teaching about systemic racism," CNN reported. "After hours of debate and public comment Thursday, the Florida State Board of Education unanimously approved the amendment banning critical race theory. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who appointed much of the board, spoke ahead of the meeting, saying critical race theory would teach children 'the country is rotten and that our institutions are illegitimate.'"

One has to admire the complete and absolute hypocrisy of Republicans, all the while that they whittle down the 'legitimacy' of our democratic institutions such as VOTING.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion