Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Price Of Crude Pt. 15

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: THE Price Of Crude Pt. 15

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 14:13:56

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:What deflection? The first was a fact, the second a conclusion. Did you even graduate high school?

You didn’t address any of the facts I posted. .

If you did post a fact, if you knew what a fact was, you would know they don't need addressed, ..they just are.

An example, it is a fact that you have claimed Alex Jones is a great source of information. The debt of the United States is a fact....I do not know if you recited it correctly, but it is a fact, even if you can't necessarily be counted on to find it with a flashlight and a map.

The problem is, you might on occasion mention a fact, upon which you stack a skyscraper of supposition, conjecture, and outright lies. Hence the problem having any kind of a discussion with you, when you don't know that the initial fact does not validate the rest of the crap you pile on top of it. It is a theory perhaps you didn't graduate high school, based on your inability to understand basic concepts, theories, history and...oftentimes...the definitions of words.

Plus the fact that you find Alex Jones a source of information is itself a clue as to overall ignorance discerning the difference between facts and all the other things you and he prefer to discuss.

Sorry if this isn't clear to you, perhaps your loaded father in law can help you out, sounding out the words and concepts I've just outlined?

Armageddon wrote:You made an assumption because I posted something about Alex Jones 15 years ago and stated it as a fact as if it’s relevant today.

I did state it as a fact, as it is, and the quote is available. I don't know if it is relevant today, you have gone dark on using him as a source.

Armageddon wrote:
That how you operate. You are a troll and everybody knows it.

Well, I do troll, that is true. And I have apologized for having done it so well that you revealed some of your character previously. But obviously I reserve that hobby for the likes of folks who...well...don't know what facts are, how to use them, and appear to be generally ignorant because...ummm...they don't appear capable of changing that condition.

Are you suggesting that you have LEARNED since your Alex Jones fanboi days?

Translation: I have nothing to say that can refute your facts, therefore I’ll post a bunch of babble to make it appear like I’m actually saying something and hope nobody notices because this is what I do.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 15:38:32

Armageddon wrote:Translation: I have nothing to say that can refute your facts, therefore I’ll post a bunch of babble......

Like I said, let me know when you can discuss....anything really....and in the meantime, I recommend..you know...LEARNING and stuff.

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 16:43:53

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Translation: I have nothing to say that can refute your facts, therefore I’ll post a bunch of babble......

Like I said, let me know when you can discuss....anything really....and in the meantime, I recommend..you know...LEARNING and stuff.

Translation: if I keep avoiding the topic, nobody will realize that I can’t answer the question.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 16:51:13

Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:Blah Blah troll troll

That how you operate. You are a troll and everybody knows it.

Still playing with the deadhead, that ignore list is still there you know. Best way to get rid of a troll, they go back to reddit where they belong. In my mind life it too short to listen to losers, and it's a proven fact that trolls are nothing and have nothing. I mean honestly, who would troll a forum like this anyway? They'd have to be totally desperate for kicks :-D
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 16:57:05

theluckycountry wrote:Still playing with the deadhead, that ignore list is still there you know.

I know. But I told you before, I'm not much for an echo chamber, I'm different from peak oilers that way.

theluckycountry wrote: Best way to get rid of a troll, they go back to reddit where they belong.

I've never bumped into Armie on reddit, do you say he was there before here? His history here might predate reddit even.

theluckycountry wrote: In my mind life it too short to listen to losers, and it's a proven fact that trolls are nothing and have nothing.

Well, Armie isn't strictly a troll, just misguided and generally ignorant more than anything else. And he claims to be rich because he has a sugar momma. Are trolls like him also just poor earners do you think?

theluckycountry wrote: I mean honestly, who would troll a forum like this anyway?

Plant for starters. But like I said, Armie is a bunch of things, but not really a classic troll. :)
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 19:07:27

AdamB wrote:
theluckycountry wrote:Still playing with the deadhead, that ignore list is still there you know.

I know. But I told you before, I'm not much for an echo chamber, I'm different from peak oilers that way.

theluckycountry wrote: Best way to get rid of a troll, they go back to reddit where they belong.

I've never bumped into Armie on reddit, do you say he was there before here? His history here might predate reddit even.

theluckycountry wrote: In my mind life it too short to listen to losers, and it's a proven fact that trolls are nothing and have nothing.

Well, Armie isn't strictly a troll, just misguided and generally ignorant more than anything else. And he claims to be rich because he has a sugar momma. Are trolls like him also just poor earners do you think?

theluckycountry wrote: I mean honestly, who would troll a forum like this anyway?

Plant for starters. But like I said, Armie is a bunch of things, but not really a classic troll. :)

You can’t stop lying can you? We have been dating since HS and married nearly 30 years and keep referring to her as my sugar momma? Her Dad just gave us a million dollar condo in pelican bay in Naples. You mad bro?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 19:46:14

Armageddon wrote:You can’t stop lying can you?

Well...for starters I'm not sure you know what that is, lying, based on your past history.

Armageddon wrote: We have been dating since HS and married nearly 30 years and keep referring to her as my sugar momma?

According to you, you are the richest poster on this website. When you described how that came about, your answer was that father in law made your wife rich. While I understand common property, and she isn't your "momma", the term includes the likes of the situation YOU'VE described to us on this website. And also appears in common urban dictionaries.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 20:32:32

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:You can’t stop lying can you?

Well...for starters I'm not sure you know what that is, lying, based on your past history.

Armageddon wrote: We have been dating since HS and married nearly 30 years and keep referring to her as my sugar momma?

According to you, you are the richest poster on this website. When you described how that came about, your answer was that father in law made your wife rich. While I understand common property, and she isn't your "momma", the term includes the likes of the situation YOU'VE described to us on this website. And also appears in common urban dictionaries.

The conversation started when somebody asked why I was rooting for an economic crash. I said I wasn’t rooting for one because I have probably have more to lose than anybody in here. So no, I wasn’t rooting, I just understand history of Fiat currencies and where we are headed. And yes, her Dad set up his 4 kids with multi million dollar trusts.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 22:10:46

Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:According to you, you are the richest poster on this website. When you described how that came about, your answer was that father in law made your wife rich. While I understand common property, and she isn't your "momma", the term includes the likes of the situation YOU'VE described to us on this website. And also appears in common urban dictionaries.

The conversation started when somebody asked why I was rooting for an economic crash. I said I wasn’t rooting for one because I have probably have more to lose than anybody in here.

Followed soon thereafter by the outright claim that you were the richest person here. At which point I noticed. :) Thank you for proving I certainly was not lying about the origins of your claim.

And not a bad gig if you can get it, I might add. :mrgreen:

Armageddon wrote:So no, I wasn’t rooting, I just understand history of Fiat currencies and where we are headed. And yes, her Dad set up his 4 kids with multi million dollar trusts.

Proving that it is better to be lucky than talented, right? :)

You certainly claim to understand fiat currencies. You have been demonstrating since 2005 that you have zero ability to utilize that claimed understanding to predict the doom you have been claiming is happening, figuratively speaking, every Friday afternoon since then.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 22:35:59

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:According to you, you are the richest poster on this website. When you described how that came about, your answer was that father in law made your wife rich. While I understand common property, and she isn't your "momma", the term includes the likes of the situation YOU'VE described to us on this website. And also appears in common urban dictionaries.

The conversation started when somebody asked why I was rooting for an economic crash. I said I wasn’t rooting for one because I have probably have more to lose than anybody in here.

Followed soon thereafter by the outright claim that you were the richest person here. At which point I noticed. :) Thank you for proving I certainly was not lying about the origins of your claim.

And not a bad gig if you can get it, I might add. :mrgreen:

Armageddon wrote:So no, I wasn’t rooting, I just understand history of Fiat currencies and where we are headed. And yes, her Dad set up his 4 kids with multi million dollar trusts.

Proving that it is better to be lucky than talented, right? :)

You certainly claim to understand fiat currencies. You have been demonstrating since 2005 that you have zero ability to utilize that claimed understanding to predict the doom you have been claiming is happening, figuratively speaking, every Friday afternoon since then.

It’s amazing what 25 trillion of debt can do, huh?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Feb 2022, 23:31:47

Armageddon wrote:It’s amazing what 25 trillion of debt can do, huh?

Define "amazing". 25 trillion is quite small compared to, say, Avogadro's number.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 00:31:18

Drop rates to zero, print 25 trillion, QE to infinity, what could go wrong?

We are witnessing it right now, the beginning stages of hyperinflation.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 09:52:34

Armageddon wrote:Drop rates to zero, print 25 trillion, QE to infinity, what could go wrong?

Seriously, that is your definition of "amazing"? You have used this same type of data since King George The First was in power, except with different smaller numbers. Please explain the hole in your own theory as to the size of the number mattering in the least, because it certainly isn't my responsibility to figure out why your idea has been wrong for the 15 years you've been claiming it, recycling it, repeating it, and still...here we are....still waiting....for.....something?

Oh..and I was around for inflation and stagflation of the 1970's. We aren't even there yet, so don't get your panties in a wad about hyperinflation is at least worse than that.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 12:23:46

We do not need hyper inflation to be in trouble. That would be on the order of Zimbabwe or Venezuela. Good old Jimmy Carter inflation is bad enough. It strikes especially hard on the working poor which can't easily change jobs to keep their pay rising as fast as prices. I clearly remember getting a nine percent raise while inflation was thirteen percent and then the next year having the state reneging on their promise of another nine percent raise while inflation marched on.
I pumped gas at $3.60 a gallon yesterday. :shock:
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 14:22:07

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Drop rates to zero, print 25 trillion, QE to infinity, what could go wrong?

Seriously, that is your definition of "amazing"? You have used this same type of data since King George The First was in power, except with different smaller numbers. Please explain the hole in your own theory as to the size of the number mattering in the least, because it certainly isn't my responsibility to figure out why your idea has been wrong for the 15 years you've been claiming it, recycling it, repeating it, and still...here we are....still waiting....for.....something?

Oh..and I was around for inflation and stagflation of the 1970's. We aren't even there yet, so don't get your panties in a wad about hyperinflation is at least worse than that.

I’m sure you believe the 7% inflation too.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 14:23:49

vtsnowedin wrote:We do not need hyper inflation to be in trouble.

I agree. But this isn't what Armie keeps claiming. He claims BIG NUMBER (fill in the blank since 2005) = BIG TROUBLE. Not being familiar with Avogadro's number, he obviously doesn't know anything about BIG numbers. Apparently they are just claimed, and then <insert run of the mill doom scenario> and imply OH NOES!! WEEZ ALL GONNA DIE!!! I require a bit more rigor to my thought, but I suppose they let just anyone in so, oh well.

vtsnowedin wrote: That would be on the order of Zimbabwe or Venezuela. Good old Jimmy Carter inflation is bad enough. It strikes especially hard on the working poor which can't easily change jobs to keep their pay rising as fast as prices. I clearly remember getting a nine percent raise while inflation was thirteen percent and then the next year having the state reneging on their promise of another nine percent raise while inflation marched on.
I pumped gas at $3.60 a gallon yesterday. :shock:

I've only pumped gas once in like the last 6 months. I recommend electricity for cages. I still remember filling up the mini-van during cross country trips to grandma's back in like 2011-2014, seems to me getting back to some recent past price point shouldn't be a surprise based on how fuel prices have worked for half a century now. I remember the screaming when fuel prices hit $1/gal and there was fuel rationing in the US. And how that price of $1/gal was a RELIEF in 1986 when they went UNDER that number.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 14:32:29

Armageddon wrote:I’m sure you believe the 7% inflation too.

I'm sure you don't know what I believe. You have shown zero ability to learn spanning 15+ years now, you certainly aren't about to start, let alone grow a third eye and become clairvoyant.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Doly » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 15:18:08

economists who can't get stuff right....but the precepts within their social science, as you described in words, are reasonable.

The basic principles of economics, as originally defined during the 19th century, are reasonable. The problem started when people started pointing at economists as an expert source. Nothing wrong with that, in principle, but rich people have strong preferences about which economists they prefer to believe, and they are the ones that tell them what they want to hear. So by now, most of the economists you hear about are the ones that go for theories that the rich like and promote, as opposed to theories that are well proven by reality.

The constant trial and error by so many participants eventually finds the best solution.

As anybody with modelling experience will tell you, trial-and-error methods are good at finding good local solutions, but definitely not good at finding overall good solutions. And in situations where there are vast information asymmetries, like in real life, trial-and-error methods can be pretty bad for those with the least information.

And economics understands the basics of that system better than anything else us clever monkeys have dreamed up

I beg to differ. Ecologists have very interesting things to say when you apply them to human society. And as far as I can tell, it's a discipline that hasn't been biased yet by people with too much money.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 15:37:24

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:I’m sure you believe the 7% inflation too.

I'm sure you don't know what I believe. You have shown zero ability to learn spanning 15+ years now, you certainly aren't about to start, let alone grow a third eye and become clairvoyant.

Hey look, he avoided another question. I’m shocked!!
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 09 Feb 2022, 16:00:40

AdamB wrote:....
...... I remember the screaming when fuel prices hit $1/gal and there was fuel rationing in the US. And how that price of $1/gal was a RELIEF in 1986 when they went UNDER that number.

Yes and I was making a bit more then $4.20 /hr when it first hit $1/gal. and quite a bit more in 1986 but my overall purchasing power had declined along with most other working Americans.
While short term price hikes for gas and other fuel are annoying they do tend to even out over time. Inflation on the other hand erodes the value of any savings you have banked and the value of your wages and it never reverses back to what it was.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion