Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The POSITIVE side to Global Warming...

Re: The POSITIVE side to Global Warming...

Unread postby kiwichick » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 01:01:41

@ pstarr....you are more than welcome to put forward a link to any study from a reputable scientist currently working and publishing in climate science that suggests that we can carry on emitting GHG's without dramatically changing the planets climate
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 09:34:40

Ok. I know what you want. Positive. UP, UP, UP, NOoooo Down, Down, Down. Down is such a bummer man.

Live for the Sun

Summer means fun

Global warming means MORE SUMMER! Mindless, Brainless Fun.

No need to engage with reality whatsoever.

I'm with you man, Enjoy the time you have left.

Boat Drunks
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:13:00

I just thought of another positive. In almost no time at all Mexico will come to you. No need to go anywhere. Your favorite Cantina will be just around the corner. Taqueria trailers on every corner.
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:56:55, edited 2 times in total.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:27:52

Man, I've really got the Hang of this now. Just think, with all that coastal erosion going on on the coast of the Arctic Ocean, that's got to mean there is a mean Surf. The Arctic Ocean could be the next surfing destination. Surfing USA will never be the same.

The Arctic Ocean must have hundreds of miles of untested beaches, Be the first to surf Barrow. Or the Aleutians, your next Island destination.

Not to mention the boost to Alaskan tourism. You will, of course have to transplant the palm trees as there will be no time for nature to do it on it's own.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 11:03:42

If you really think about it, there's lots of money to be made right before we all die.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 14:14:54

I don't really believe there is time for any of that (except more summer), but I wanted to give you my best shot at being positive.

Actually, with the Arctic Ocean warming the way it is, you can probably get in surfing Alaska before it's over.

If I was 50 years younger this could be quite the adventure. Back in the day I never thought I would live past 30 anyway.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 14:59:09

The question is does it make YOU feel better?

This was fun, did a lot of reminiscing about my prime back in the early 60's, but you were the one that wanted to hear positives about GW from us. I was listening to one of my Pandora stations and playing a game at the time. I'm generally happy all the time. But you've been a bit scared and desperate. Remember, you don't have live a long life to live a good life. It's all about the quality of the time spent.

So live what time you have left the best you know how, and make the lives of those around you the best you can.

Perhaps that's the way to handle it. Make you focus on those around you and making their lives the best you know how. As if there were not a whole lot of time left. Then you don't have to accept there is not a lot of time left. You will already be living as if there's not. And reaping the benefits.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 14:37:46

pstarr wrote:All better now Cid? It's good to get things off your mind and poisons out of the body

Check this out, actual reports of site specific greening taking place!

https://youtu.be/UWLjGbWRHiM
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 15:09:44

Clearly you didn't watch an our long lecture in under 5 minutes...

One of the points of the lencture is increasing root mass in high latitudes sequesters a lot more carbon than people account for.

Secondly, I consider all greening to be a positive change no matter what the cause might be.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 15:22:49

Just so unwary newcomers are not confused by p's typically mis-informed screed above:

"When ... albedo ... increases, more incoming sunlight is reflected back into space. This has a cooling effect ..."

http://www.skepticalscience.com/The-albedo-effect.html
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby GHung » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 15:39:38

On the other hand, we have global un-greening....

Maybe white sand albedo? Nature's funny like that.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GHung » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 16:17:39

pstarr wrote:Ghung, I take it you haven't reviewed the NASA study? The bulk of the CO2-enhanced plant growth happens in the driest regions.
The deserts are truly blooming.

Why would I review the NASA study when I have you, P?
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby kiwichick » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 17:22:37

@ pstarr....dry and arid areas grow well......until the next drought
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Tue 29 Nov 2016, 00:21:10

"I meant to say reverse or negative-albedo..."

Ah, glad to hear that you have such a firm grasp on these very, very basic aspects of GW.

We will all know from your steel-trap-like grasp of these utter fundamentals here that you obviously have so clearly displayed that we can unquestioningly accept your word on everything else GW and CC related as gospel truth with no reservations... :)
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate