Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Oil Market

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Our Latest Oil Predicament

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 14 Mar 2018, 21:30:58

It is impossible to tell the whole oil story, but perhaps I can offer a few insights regarding where we are today. [1] We already seem to be back to the falling oil prices and refilling storage tanks scenario. US crude oil stocks hit their low point on January 19, 2018 and have started to rise again. The amount of crude oil fill has averaged about 365,000 barrels per day since then. At the same time, prices of both Brent and WTI oil have fallen from their high points. Figure 1. Average weekly spot Brent oil prices from EIA website, with circle pointing to recent downtick in prices. Many people believe that the oil problem, when it hits, will be running out of oil. People with such a belief interpret a glut of oil to mean that we are still very far from any limit.

Our Latest Oil Predicament
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Energy Market Analysis

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 11 Jan 2023, 14:01:45

Armageddon wrote:There won't be a crises. It doesn't take much gas to walk or bike to your local soup kitchen.

Fascinating to read this post from 2009, just last night I was reading about those 15 minute control grid cities they are rolling out in the UK and that are being promoted for two of our largest cities here. Basically you will be restricted to living in your local area and penalized, fined, if you travel outside of it. Quite simple to police since there are more and more surveillance cameras popping up every month with license plate recognition. And everyone carries a smart phone, and they all leave location tracking on.

The test case for this was clearly the pandemic lockdowns, the extent of travel allowed within cities then was almost identical and people were encouraged to use an app to "check in" to places of business, Contact Tracing was the reason promoted. Yes, it's all playing out, and all perfectly logical too in the light of Peak Oil's consequences for personal travel. I think many millions in the world's cities live this way already, those that don't own cars, the poor and downtrodden. Certainly Billions in the 3rd world live this way in cities. I don't have a problem with it either, since I don't live in a city lol lol

1. Introduction
While the advent of cars was celebrated for the numerous possibilities it brought in terms of mobility, trade and social class association, it has had numerous documented negative and severe impacts on the socio-economic fabric. In cities, cars changed the dynamics of urban planning, opening doors for linear and perpendicular city grids and the devastating consequences of urban sprawl [1]...

...The emergence of this pandemic exposed the vulnerability of cities in their current establishment and the need for a radical re-thinking, where innovative measures need to be tailored to ensure that urban residents are able to cope and continue with their basic activities, including cultural ones, to ensure that cities remain both resilient and livable in the short and long terms...

...In view of this background, we propose to study a conceptual approach that has captured the attention of many politicians around the world: the “15-Minute City”, as imagined by the first author, Carlos Moreno, the implementation of which was accelerated during the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.mdpi.com/2624-6511/4/1/6/htm

Ipswich aims to become 'UK's first 15-minute' town

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-56406943
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The Oil Market

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 11 Jan 2023, 15:00:46

Now where's that troll Adamb, time for him to make another 5 posts in a row lol.
Yes you're still on ignore adam, your like that neighbor down the street I can't hear and never speak to.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 11 Jan 2023, 15:04:38

theluckycountry wrote:Yes you're still on ignore adam, your like that neighbor down the street I can't hear and never speak to.

Why, embarassed because he noticed your banana bending was sub-par? Or you are jealous because he's doing quite well working in the Chinese mining operations, and you didn't make the cut when they were hiring locally?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 11 Jan 2023, 18:17:35

Get a room you two.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 12 Jan 2023, 15:34:05

Newfie wrote:Get a room you two.

I love Lucky! He posts mentioning what I just posted while claiming to not read what I post. How can you not like someone that transparent? [smilie=3some.gif]

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion