Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Kamala Harris Thread

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

THE Kamala Harris Thread

Unread postby JuanP » Sat 01 May 2021, 23:05:08

"Biden administration picks Kamala Harris to head National Space Council, touts her as ‘perfect person’ to lead US space policy"
https://www.rt.com/usa/522716-nasa-kama ... l-perfect/

Since Kamala Harris is likely to play an important role in the USA's politics for a while I figured she deserves her own thread.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: THE Kamala Harris Thread

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 05 May 2021, 21:27:22

Well judging by how marvelously she has handled the border situation her being around for a few years will not be a good thing. :P
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 01 Dec 2021, 13:44:55

White House unveils 'Space Priorities Framework' as VP Kamala Harris leads first space council meeting
The first National Space Council of the Biden administration is meeting on Wednesday, with Vice President Kamala Harris set to outline the White House's approach to space policy.

The White House released a document called the "United States Space Priorities Framework," which gives an overview of how the administration plans "to develop and implement national space policy and strategy going forward."

The framework emphasizes that the U.S. seeks to promote and protect the "data, products, and services from space" that "enable American businesses and create American jobs" in a variety of economic sectors.

The first National Space Council of the Biden administration is meeting on Wednesday, with Vice President Kamala Harris set to outline the White House's approach to space policy.

Revived after two decades under the previous presidency, the National Space Council met eight times during the prior administration and often came alongside executive orders such as returning U.S. astronauts to the moon, cleaning up space debris, and making use of space resources.

With Harris leading Wednesday's meeting, the White House released a document called the "United States Space Priorities Framework," which gives an overview of how the Biden administration plans "to develop and implement national space policy and strategy going forward."

The framework emphasizes that the U.S. seeks to promote and protect the "data, products, and services from space" that "enable American businesses and create American jobs in sectors as varied as manufacturing, transportation, logistics, agriculture, finance, and communications."

Additionally, the framework says the U.S. wants to openly distribute "Earth observation data" to "support both domestic and international efforts to address the climate crisis." Similarly, the White House document says it is transferring "space situational awareness information" services "to an open data platform" that will be hosted by a U.S. agency to improve spaceflight safety.

The increasing risk from space debris, as well as military activities in space, are two top-of-mind issues following the Russian test of an anti-satellite weapon (or ASAT) last month. The Russian military destroyed a defunct satellite, showering low Earth orbit with shrapnel and causing astronauts to shelter on the International Space Station as the debris cloud passed by. While U.S. officials condemned the test, Russia has yet to face anything more than a harsh rebuke for the demonstration.

The White House framework says the U.S. aims to "strengthen its ability to detect and attribute hostile acts in space." But, in terms of consequences for other nations that perform military tests in orbit, for now the U.S. "will engage diplomatically with strategic competitors in order to enhance stability in outer space."

President Biden is also expected to sign an executive order on Wednesday to add five members to the National Space Council: Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona, Secretary of Labor Martin Walsh, Secretary of Agriculture Thomas Vilsack, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland, and National Climate Advisor Gina McCarthy.

MSN.com
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 01 Dec 2021, 15:30:11

Can it get any worse?

From Clinton (sexual predator) to Bush (War-monger) to Obama (Climate criminal and race hustler) to Trump (all around buffoon and megalomaniac) to Biden (senile old fool, serial liar) and total incompetent we've had very bad luck in our last five presidents.

Now Kamala is being groomed to be the next president. Her main qualification to be VP, at least according to Joe Biden, was that she is a woman of color.

She's clearly way over her head just trying to be Vice President.

God help us all if she becomes president.

First the Ds inflicted senile old and incompetent Joe Biden on the country. Next they plan to hand the country over to Kamala. What could go wrong with this latest great idea from the Ds?

Sheesh!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 01 Dec 2021, 18:12:00

Kamala & Space
Idiocracy at its best.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 01 Dec 2021, 23:06:38

I'm waiting for the Democrats to realize that the present teem is heading them for a drubbing in 2022 that will last through several elections after that.
Then a panic will ensue while they look for a few plausible replacement candidates that will appeal to independent voters (44% of the electorate) while not totally turning off their far left base.
I can not come up with a single name that might fill that bill. :)
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 02 Dec 2021, 10:16:47

vtsnowedin wrote:I'm waiting for the Democrats to realize that the present teem is heading them for a drubbing in 2022 that will last through several elections after that.
Then a panic will ensue while they look for a few plausible replacement candidates that will appeal to independent voters (44% of the electorate) while not totally turning off their far left base.

You are underestimating power of mental retardation.
Democrats know very well what they want.
Ruling over ruins.
And they will.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 02 Dec 2021, 13:19:41

The Supreme court may hand Kamala and the rest of the Democrats a huge weapon by overturning Roe.VS. Wade sometime between now and June. That one issue will be a deal breaker for millions of independent women.
I for one am tired of losing elections over this issue. The Republicans should let it be as long as every Republican woman is free to choose not to have an abortion.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 02 Dec 2021, 14:29:19

vtsnowedin wrote:The Supreme court may hand Kamala and the rest of the Democrats a huge weapon by overturning Roe.VS. Wade sometime between now and June. That one issue will be a deal breaker for millions of independent women.
I for one am tired of losing elections over this issue. The Republicans should let it be as long as every Republican woman is free to choose not to have an abortion.

It is easy to see that 1st world nations are falling into ruin in direct proportion to women rights and other concessions to women which they introduce.

There is somewhere a balance of women rights, probably somewhere around Chinese policy, and once you go over it your nation begins to descend into chaos, what US will learn a hard way.
Yet you can have reasonably successful nation with hardly any women rights at all.
SA, Iran or UAE are examples.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 02 Dec 2021, 19:24:09

EnergyUnlimited wrote:Yet you can have reasonably successful nation with hardly any women rights at all.

Take the oil and gas resources away from those three and you have three stinking cesspits in the desert.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 02 Dec 2021, 20:29:42

vtsnowedin wrote:I'm waiting for the Democrats to realize that the present teem is heading them for a drubbing in 2022 that will last through several elections after that.

Funny. Fans of both sides keep making that claim for their "team", election cycle after election cycle, and yet it doesn't come close to happening re one side drubbing the other several elections in a row.

Maybe as a moderate not playing for either side I can see that waving flags doesn't equate to scoring consistent wins.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Fri 03 Dec 2021, 04:42:16

vtsnowedin wrote:
EnergyUnlimited wrote:Yet you can have reasonably successful nation with hardly any women rights at all.

Take the oil and gas resources away from those three and you have three stinking cesspits in the desert.

With SA you are right.
With UAE unlikely - they are rebranding to become global trade hubs. The end of globalization would finish them off though and it is likely development in coming decades.
With Iran you are wrong. Much more there than oil (which they have difficulty to export anyway).
But in all of these cases more women rights would not improve prospect of nation at all.

Women rights are poorly understood but yet very real portal to ruin and barbarity
You can open it slightly and keep check on it with no consequences but open it more and it will irreversibly burst with all the degeneration, chaos and population collapse.
You will no longer be able to close it back until alien men replaced most of you in one way or another (what white Americans begin to learn) and enslaved your women back.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 04 Dec 2021, 12:42:06

Having three grown and successful daughters I see trying to take back rights the American woman have won as a losing proposition and one sure to have you sleeping out doors.
Meanwhile Joe's cough is getting worse. Nothing to worry about, the White house assures us. :roll:
Kamala may not be measuring the Oval office curtains just yet but I'll bet she has the measuring tape in her purse.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4199267/bi ... ech-today/
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 04 Dec 2021, 18:15:59

vtsnowedin wrote:The Supreme court may hand Kamala and the rest of the Democrats a huge weapon by overturning Roe.VS. Wade sometime between now and June. That one issue will be a deal breaker for millions of independent women.

+1

What I wish is that the SCOTUS would rule abortion a RELIGIOUS matter and declare that neither the Feds or State have the right to restrict it.

Then let each live by his own rules.

I seriously doubt I will get my wish.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 04 Dec 2021, 18:35:44

vtsnowedin wrote:Having three grown and successful daughters I see trying to take back rights the American woman have won as a losing proposition and one sure to have you sleeping out doors.

This is common position of people who have daughters.
Nevertheless these daughters (or their daughters) will lose their rights while America is gradually turning into a third world mess.
As time pass and bankruptcies spread value added jobs for women will go down the drain (and no, most of them will not be able to work as plumbers or electricians or do anything useful in shrinking opportunity environment).
Meanwhile marriage becomes to be losing proposal for men so it will no longer happen often and state on the other hand is no longer going to be wealthy enough to support women by handouts they enjoy now.
So they will have not much to offer (and due to #MeToo even hole offer will not work as well as it used to).
And once one has not much to offer and a lot of other similar people are offering very much the same, most if not all accrued rights of this person are gone.
That is how women rights in US will come to an end.
Replacement of WASP-s into Latinos due to large difference in fertility rates of these groups (the more woman rights the lower fertility and Latinos at large don't care much about state rules and control their women well) will only speed it up.
I bet you will see much of it in your life time if you stay here for 10 or 20 years more.
Your daughters won't like what they see for sure.
Meanwhile Joe's cough is getting worse. Nothing to worry about, the White house assures us. :roll:
Kamala may not be measuring the Oval office curtains just yet but I'll bet she has the measuring tape in her purse.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4199267/bi ... ech-today/

Do you sincerely believe that these 2 clowns (Sleepy Joe & Kamala) are real rulers of America?
Maybe even doctors of Joe are tacitly doing something to make sure that he cough and cough even more.
Power struggle is really shitty business... and if President doesn't even know what is his name any more what more to expect?
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 04 Dec 2021, 19:35:36

Energunlimited:
You are delusional about the abilities of American women. There is no job out there they can not do as well and often better then the men around them.
One of my daughters operated cranes for the US army in Kuwait.
The days of brute muscle being how the job gets done are long past.
As to the Latino wives letting their husbands control them while they push out a baby every year you better think again as they see this as much less then they can have by joining their white sisters on the career path. They may be uneducated but they are not stupid.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 04 Dec 2021, 21:17:30

I have a loose list of heroes or at least people I admire, some historic, some I know. One day I figured out that is was predominately women.

Harris and Hillary are not on that list.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 05 Dec 2021, 04:34:56

vtsnowedin wrote:Energunlimited:
You are delusional about the abilities of American women. There is no job out there they can not do as well and often better then the men around them.
One of my daughters operated cranes for the US army in Kuwait.

Soviet women on the other hand were operating agriculture machinery.
In Poland it was seen occasionally as well and how it all ended I had an opportunity to see in few places.
Hint: It was not looking nice - drunk, derelict women and men in affected community was the most common outcome.
Very low life expectancy as well - what you could easily see while visiting cemetery.

The days of brute muscle being how the job gets done are long past.
As to the Latino wives letting their husbands control them while they push out a baby every year you better think again as they see this as much less then they can have by joining their white sisters on the career path. They may be uneducated but they are not stupid.

They will push out enough of these babies to push *YOU* out of existence within few coming decades.

Meantime already close to 1 in 5 of adult American women is on antidepressants:
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/09 ... 599224503/
I suspect most of these are "white sisters" you mention.

Also the more educated they are, the more antidepressants they use:
Adults with at least some college education were more likely to use antidepressants than those with a high school education or less, the agency said.

So this education doesn't do any good for them.
Last edited by EnergyUnlimited on Sun 05 Dec 2021, 04:54:20, edited 1 time in total.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Dec 2021, 04:45:04

Newfie wrote:I have a loose list of heroes or at least people I admire, some historic, some I know. One day I figured out that is was predominately women.

Harris and Hillary are not on that list.

:lol: :lol: :) Nor on mine.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Dec 2021, 04:47:48

EnergyUnlimited wrote:They will push out enough of these babies to push *YOU* out of existence within few coming decades.

I will be "out of existence"in a few decades reguardless of the demographics of the coming generations.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to North America Discussion