Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Joe Biden Thread Pt. 5

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

THE Joe Biden Thread Pt. 5

Unread postby careinke » Sat 13 May 2023, 14:21:55

AdamB wrote:
jato0072 wrote: Not that I believe Trump has the power to change anything, but we certainly can't vote for the clown show we have now.

Funny, as that was exactly what everyone was saying in November of 2020 as well. So in the vote between two clowns, as best I can tell you've got two mentally challenged geriatrics....but one of them isn't a traitor.

After watching Trumps Town Hall on CNN, I'd say we only have one mentally challenged Geriatric in the Race. As far as Traitors, Id certainly include the Brandon Crime Family in the mix.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: THE Joe Biden Thread Pt. 4

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 13 May 2023, 17:44:12

careinke wrote:After watching Trumps Town Hall on CNN, I'd say we only have one mentally challenged Geriatric in the Race.

I'd say we have two of those, but that traitor thing for the one really tips the scales. I haven't decided it was just stupid for CNN to give him a bunch of fanbois and let him do his usual riffing to the accompanying applause (surprised that Republican voters and leaning undecideds think sexual assault is humourous?) or one heck of a reminder why the country voted in the other geriatric last time.
careinke wrote: As far as Traitors, Id certainly include the Brandon Crime Family in the mix.
Peace

We'll see, although crime family, please, that is SO old school. JFK strikes me as someone part of such a family, not sure American's minded at all. Certainly wasn't a traitor, regardless of his family history. The traitor thing, that really chaps my hide.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 13 May 2023, 18:54:09

The country can even barely pay part of the interest on previous debt:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 13 May 2023, 23:12:14

ralfy wrote:The country can even barely pay part of the interest on previous debt:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

So...you are jealous that your country can't borrow any, but the US can? One of the advantages of exceptionalism and all, try it out, convince your friends and neighbors, maybe you too can get a little extra spending cash in your national budget.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 14 May 2023, 08:51:02

So here is the thing.

There is wide agreement that neither front runner is desirable.

But where is the outrage at the parties for presenting these two dismal choices?

We will not get better until we demand better.

In the meantime we entertain ourselves being outraged at the other sides idiot.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 14 May 2023, 11:00:18

Newfie wrote:So here is the thing.
But where is the outrage at the parties for presenting these two dismal choices?

It resides with the independents. We are the ones forced to choose between mindless parrot A or mindless parrot B that the idiots in the party structure install on the ballots.

Newfie wrote:We will not get better until we demand better.

I've been demanding better since Ross Perot. Most folks with brains have probably been doing the same, it isn't as though this requires a genius to see through. The oligarchs require party hacks that will support their continued siphoning of wealth from the consumer class, the party puts them on the ballot, and the thinking electorate is stuck.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 14 May 2023, 19:23:36

Newfie wrote:So here is the thing.

We will not get better until we demand better.

In the meantime we entertain ourselves being outraged at the other sides idiot.

There are actually are other candidates than Trump and Biden already in the race....and some of them are good people.

We don't get to hear or see much of them, because the MSM mostly censors ignores them and doesn't report on their campaigns.

Personally, I find RFKs campaign against Biden for the D nomination to be interesting because RFK is already up to 20% in the polls.... and RFK himself says he can beat Biden in the D primaries and win the nomination.

rfk-jr-says-he-can-beat-biden-in-2024-primary

RFK is going to bash Biden as hard as he can for Biden's refusal to debate him. RFK says the D party has lost its way under Biden. RFK says the D party should support democracy, and democracy means having elections where the candidates meet and debate the issues and allow the voters to compare the candidates.

RFK just said Biden is trying to RIG THE ELECTION by refusing to debate him. And he's right.....

RFK says Biden is rigging the election by not debating him....and of course RFK is right.

Biden is't so good with questions these days....he would rather get the questions in advance or not even take questions.

Even without a debate, RFK should do very well in early primiaries in states like Iowa and New Hampshire where voters have a good reason to hate Biden for supporting South carolina in its wish to steal the position of first primary.

Personally I'd love to see an RFK vs. Joe Biden debate during the D primaries..... if there are debates, and Joe Biden screws up....which is very likely....then I think RFK will do very well in the primary elections.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 14 May 2023, 20:56:02

Well Joe skipped a lit of the primaries and debates last time, and won. Mostly because the D machine was behind him. I don’t think that will change. But here is wishing RFK well.

And if trump stumbles there are a couple of candidates. Nikki Haley would he a better choice than Trump or Biden. I would like to see a Haley vs RFK race. But there are also 3rd parties and one never hears about them.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Mon 15 May 2023, 19:54:40

Biden's Inflation Reduction Act involves restricting FTAs. He continued almost all of Trump's America First policies by retaining tariffs. Finally, he wants oil exploration in Alaska.

Sounds like MAGA-lite to me.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 16 May 2023, 06:17:22

Yes, Trump without a Twitter account.

Both parties are much the same in substantive matters.

There are a few showcase points if disagreement, away from the commercial points of agreement.

Coke or Pepsi?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 16 May 2023, 13:17:03

Plantagenet wrote:There are actually are other candidates than Trump and Biden already in the race....and some of them are good people.

They aren't annointed and supported by the oligarchs. So good luck with hopes, dreams and naivete as a plan.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 16 May 2023, 14:47:01

Newfie wrote:....there are also 3rd parties and one never hears about them.

There was an interesting story about a 3rd party on NPR just this morning.

There is a group called the "no labels party" that is trying to qualify state by state to have a candidate run for president with this new third party. They say that if we wind up with Biden vs. Trump again in 2024 they will run an alternative candidate so people don't have to vote for the two losers put up by the D and R parties.

Apparently the "no labels party" have already qualified in Arizona and they are close in Maine. But the D party is going to court to shut down the "no labels party". In Arizona they are suing to get them taken off the ballot and in Maine the D state AG is challenging their signatures and sending nasty letters to every voter who registered to get the "no labels party" put on the ballot warning them that they are victims of fraud.

The No Labels Party says its Not left....not right.....but nonetheless the Ds say the "no label party" is not going to happen

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 16 May 2023, 14:56:43

AdamB wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:There are actually are other candidates than Trump and Biden already in the race....and some of them are good people.

They aren't annointed and supported by the oligarchs. So good luck with hopes, dreams and naivete as a plan.

Adam,
You like to stand back and poke fun at others ideas.

Do you have anything positive to add to the conversation?

If you really feel that the whole thing is going down the drain and there is nothing to be done, that is a valid comment. But just say so plainly as your opinion.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 16 May 2023, 15:05:16

Thanks to Joe Biden setting off inflation and running up interest rates, the amount the US has to pay to service the existing debt is fast approaching 1 trillion dollars per year.

When interest rates quadrupled under Biden.....the amount the US has to pay in interest on its debt also quadrupled under BIDEN.

Already the amount the US has to pay each year on the interest on its debt is GREATER then amount the US spends on Defense.

us-now-spends-more-servicing-its-debt-national-defense

And Biden's response is ...... to ignore reality. BIDEN wants to just ignore the new reality that US interest payments have QUADRUPLED in the last two years.

Biden wants to spend even more and more borrow even and drive up the debt even more as he creates record amounts of debt.

And the Biden administration is so incompetent they can't even count....Yellen said for months that the US wouldn't reach the debt limit until August.....

OOOOPSIES!!!!! Now Yellen says she overestimated tax receipts by 250 billion dollars and the debt limit is happening in two weeks.

Gosh....that was just a little 250 BILLION DOLLAR boo-boo from the dopes in the Biden administration.

Apparently Yellen actually believed the BIDEN BS about how great the economy is.

So what happens now?

The Rs have ALREADY passed a debt limit increase, which includes very modest budget cuts...like rolling back the budget to where it was six months ago.

And the Ds have learned nothing and done nothing other than refuse to negotiate for four months and then make a 250 billion dollar math error!

OOOPSIES!!!! The dopes in the Biden administration just made a teensy weensy little 250 BILLON DOLLAR math error!!!! So GUESS WHAT!!! Now the debt limit is in two weeks instead of being 3 months off...SOOO-PRISE!!!!

SHEESH!!!!!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 16 May 2023, 19:05:33

MAGA is similar to nationalist economics, which characterized the East Asian model, and which allowed Asian countries to industrialize. It consists of combinations of the following: protectionism and import substitution, nationalization of key industries that have no competition, coordination between competitors in the private sector, and infrastructure development needed as a base for industrialization, all leading to export orientation.

This took place for the U.S. in the past, even during the golden age of its economy, which was from 1945 to the 1960s. After that, late capitalism set in, leading to trade deficits, a peak in real wages, and more emphasis on financial speculation, which includes more borrowing and spending. Similar happened to other countries after they industrialized.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 16 May 2023, 20:06:00

Yes, it is an oft repeated pattern. You think we would learn, nope.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Wed 17 May 2023, 19:12:36

It's a pattern that led to industrialization. Those who didn't follow it, like the Philippines, experienced low growth rates, e.g., 1.6 pct average across decades.

Also, the U.S. could no longer follow it because of the Triffin dilemma: the country whose currency is used as a global reserve eventually experiences trade deficits because what it can sell becomes too expensive for everyone else and what it can buy from others too cheap.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 May 2023, 20:27:11

Ds in US Congress call for 14 trillion dollars in payments to Black People in the USA

D-Squad-calls-14-TRILLION-federal-reparations-descendants-slaves

No word yet on where Joe Biden stands on the reparation issue, but so far in his presidency he's backed most progressive issues. But if Joe Biden wants 14 trillion dollars for reparations he's going to first have to get agreement from the Congressional Rs in the talks to raise the Borrowing limit.

It's going to take a REALLY REALLY big increase in borrowing to pay for 14 trillion in reparations for black people in the USA.

If the Congressional Ds want 14 trillion dollars in reparations, then they should bring this up at the borrowing limit talks going on right now between the House Rs and the White House because this money wasn't included in the bill the House Rs already passed to raise the debt limit.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Wed 17 May 2023, 22:22:32

Plantagenet wrote:Ds in US Congress call for 14 trillion dollars in payments to Black People in the USA

You mean there are comedians that have become US Congresscritters? Doesn't sound like they made that transition as successfully as Zelenski!
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 18 May 2023, 08:38:59

“Soap Opera” or given the geriatric’s of the performers “opera boffo”.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to North America Discussion