Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Joe Biden Thread Pt. 5

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Joe Biden Thread Pt. 5

Unread postby jato0072 » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 09:45:40

The Secret Service is now investigating how cocaine got into a secure area of the West Wing

The Secret Service Agents are just mad because if they get caught with cocaine they lose their job and get thrown in prison. The people they protect are above the law. Unless the Secret Service can pin the white powder on Trump somehow, there is nothing to see here. Move along.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 11:02:14

jato0072 wrote:
The Secret Service is now investigating how cocaine got into a secure area of the West Wing

The Secret Service Agents are just mad because if they get caught with cocaine they lose their job and get thrown in prison. The people they protect are above the law.

Oh....that doesn't QUITE appear to be the case.....
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 18:25:58

jato0072 wrote:
The Secret Service Agents are just mad because if they get caught with cocaine they lose their job and get thrown in prison. The people they protect are above the law.

That's why democracy is a conJob, and everyone who participates in it by voting just confirms to themselves that they are conned. Democracy is like the religions of old, a way of controlling the people, but now by giving them the illusion that they run the show. How gullible are the masses 8O
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 25 Jul 2023, 11:03:45

theluckycountry wrote:
jato0072 wrote:

That's why democracy is a conJob, and everyone who participates in it by voting just confirms to themselves that they are conned. Democracy is like the religions of old, a way of controlling the people, but now by giving them the illusion that they run the show. How gullible are the masses 8O

Of course Democracy is at risk of corruption, just like every other form of government.

The saving grace with democracy, however, is that there are active opposition parties that can expose the corruption.

No doubt we'll have hearings in Congress about the cocaine turning up in the Biden White House. It will be fun to see the secret service squirm when asked if they have security cameras in this area of the White House, and squirm even more when Congress subpoenas the surveillance tapes for the area where the cocaine was found.

I still think Hunter Biden is the most likely culprit....after all, he is the only known cocaine addict who has easy access to the highly secure West Wing of the White House.

Of course it's possible that there are other cocaine addicts in the Biden administration, but it would have to be someone so high up that the secret service would agree to cover it up.

Hunter Biden is the only known cocaine addict in the Biden White House but there may be others....

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 25 Jul 2023, 16:48:25

Plantagenet wrote:
Of course Democracy is at risk of corruption, just like every other form of government.

The saving grace with democracy, however, is that there are active opposition parties that can expose the corruption.

No I disagree. the active opposition parties you refer to are the controlled opposition parties, the other side of the same coin. Democracy is not at risk of corruption, it has always been corrupt, a facade erected in front of the oligarchs of capitalism.
"The honest sorcerer" explains it better than I can.

After a brief period of what looked like democracy — at least by squinting — we are seemingly left with only two forms of governance. We can either have “free market” capitalism ruled by rich oligarchs and unelected interest groups, or authoritarian regimes ruled by an oppressive strongman. There seems to be less and less ground in between the two… It’s like it’s 1984 again, with its two equally oppressive states: Oceania and Eurasia, with only the borders drawn somewhat differently.

In a certain sense, what we are witnessing these days is a war of these two worlds: an existential struggle between almighty capitalist oligarchies vs almighty centralized states. The mass formation psychosis euphemistically called “elections”, held in both types of entities, is nothing more than a weazen fig leaf hanging in front of a war machine of oppression and surveillance. Why? When was the last time you were offered a chance to vote which country to go to war against, or to go to war at all?

https://thehonestsorcerer.medium.com/wa ... e094d1150a

And I would add, when was the last time you were offered a chance to vote on; the immigration of millions to your country, the giving of billions in foreign aid, the laws that allow corporations to pay little tax, even of whether a freeway is built through your neighborhood. No all these things and many more are the province of the oligarchies and you have no say in them, even though it's your money and your nation. Just be quiet, pay your taxes, consume, and die.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 25 Jul 2023, 18:01:40

Plantagenet wrote:I still think Hunter Biden is the most likely culprit....after all, he is the only known cocaine addict who has easy access to the highly secure West Wing of the White House.

"Scientifically accurate" strikes again.

"What I wanted to be very clear is that this is a heavily, heavily trafficked, heavily traveled, to be more accurate, area of the campus of the White House," Jean-Pierre told reporters Wednesday. "It is where visitors to the West Wing come through.” Link

Bad habit to continue Plant, even at your age.

Perhaps this kind of "scientifically accurate" is institutional?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 26 Jul 2023, 01:40:22

theluckycountry wrote:....the active opposition parties you refer to are the controlled opposition parties, the other side of the same coin.

Sorry, I don't buy into that conspiracy theory.

Enough with the conspiracy theories already.....

theluckycountry wrote:
Democracy is not at risk of corruption, it has always been corrupt, a facade erected in front of the oligarchs of capitalism.

Thats obviously true. It's like saying the sky is blue.

But look a little bit deeper....

Every political system is corrupt and every political system has its oligarchs and mandarins.

Capitalism has the advantage that it is honest about what is going on.

Pray tell....what political system do you imagine is not corrupt and doesn't have oligarchs?

theluckycountry wrote:
I would add, when was the last time you were offered a chance to vote on; the immigration of millions to your country..

??????

Don't you know the answer to that question???

OK...I'll explain the obvious....

Every election in the USA is now about immigration.

Trump won in 2016 partly because he opposed mass immigration.

Biden won in 2020 because immigration had receded as an issue due to Trump's success in limiting immigration.

The very next election in 2024 will be a referendum on Biden's policy of open borders to illegal immigrants and illegal drug cartels selling fentanyl in the USA.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 26 Jul 2023, 02:37:04

Plantagenet wrote:
theluckycountry wrote:
I would add, when was the last time you were offered a chance to vote on; the immigration of millions to your country..

??????

Don't you know the answer to that question???

OK...I'll explain the obvious....

Every election in the USA is now about immigration.

Trump won in 2016 partly because he opposed mass immigration.

Biden won in 2020 because immigration had receded as an issue due to Trump's success in limiting immigration.

This a perfect example of the shell game you are an avid player in. Let me explain.

In response to the recession and the COVID-19 outbreak, President Trump virtually ended the issuance of green cards to people abroad. In the last 6 months of the 2020 fiscal year. Before the COVID-19 pandemic during the period from January 2017‐​February 2020, the average number of green cards issued per month was only down about 0.5 percent under Trump compared to from January 2013‐​February 2016 under the Obama

President Trump also entered the White House with the goal of eliminating illegal immigration but Trump oversaw a virtual collapse in interior immigration enforcement and the stabilization of the illegal immigrant population. Thus, Trump succeeded in reduce legal immigration and failed to eliminate illegal immigration.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-tru ... mmigration

So you see, before the pandemic Trump did nothing, the same results as Obama and that's because the "conspirators" you deny exist don't want a reduction. It was only the covid shut down of the world that effected legal immigrants. Illegals still poured in.

You need to make a distinction between election promises (lies) and reality. What was Trump's Big Promise? To drain the swamp. But he himself is a billionaire swamp creature. He fooled half of America and the cheap labor from the south is still pouring in to maintain the Growth demanded by corporations.

The conspiracy you deny actually began hundreds of years ago when rich American businessmen conspired "in secret" to rebel against the British Monarchy and take the nation for themselves and their descendants. And they did, but for their descendants, of which you are not one. Americans simply switched out one set of rulers for another and standards of living in America devolved from that point on. Sure, you can get rich in America they said, but only if you're connected. Most ended up on small farms living on subsistence, or working for the robber barons of the industrial age. The only really bright spot for living standards was the anomaly of 1945 to 1970, the cheap oil age, but before that and since it was all downhill over there for the 'average' working class people.

Go ahead, tell me how you're going to "make America great Again" when every aspect of life is now controlled by the corporations?
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 26 Jul 2023, 15:53:39

theluckycountry wrote:The conspiracy you deny actually began hundreds of years ago when rich American businessmen conspired "in secret" to rebel against the British Monarchy and take the nation for themselves and their descendants.

You are way way way down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole....I'm afraid you really don't know what you are talking about. Did you learn all this nonsense from Putin??? :lol: :-D :roll:

The US declaration of independence was hashed out at a convention that was an open, public meeting of elected representatives from all the original colonies and the results of the convention were reported in full each day in dozens of newspapers. Most of the delegates had never met before....there was no way for them to be in a "secret" conspiracy. The deliberations of the convention itself and the result ---the Declaration of Independence, -----was quickly published after it was written and read by hundreds of thousands of people.

Thats the opposite of secret. Clearly you just don't know what you are talking about.

Ooooooooooo......a secret meeting that everyone knows about and knows everything that was said because its all reported in the newspapers the next day.......Ooooooooo!!!!!

Thank you for my laugh of the day!!!

I could comment on your other points about the USA but they are all equally false and and almost as funny and frankly equally nutty.

Cheers!
Last edited by Plantagenet on Wed 26 Jul 2023, 15:55:46, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 26 Jul 2023, 15:54:37

Plantagenet wrote:Trump won in 2016 partly because he opposed mass immigration.

And partly because he had the perfect opponent.
And partly because he had tapped into an angst that has been simmering in the background since the Tea Party objected philosophically to a non-white President.
And partly because he expressed the fears and hopes and dreams of the great white tide turning back the hordes of non-whites threatening the status quo of the underlying white nationalist tendencies roiling around inside of both parties.

Plantagenet wrote:The very next election in 2024 will be a referendum on Biden's policy of open borders to illegal immigrants and illegal drug cartels selling fentanyl in the USA.

And whether or not folks want a rerun of governing incompetence like mismanaging the Covid response, the skyrocketing of the Federal deficit, begging Putin for a pat on the head that any good trained mutt craves, a rerun of The Worst Recession Since The Great Depression, refusing to build the wall promised as a centerpiece of his campaign, hiring incompetents and fools at every turn (according to him), and when it turns out folks were just plain tired of a mentally challenged geriatric that can't answer simple questions he thought maybe interfering with the transfer of power to the other geriatric that beat him was a good idea.

And, as it turns out, as Biden as wrassled inflation down post Covid, he can now focus on those pesky migrants that have all the white nationalists worried about being replaced. When they aren't dancing around the burning crosses wearing hoods of course. You worried about retired geriatrics being replaced in Fairbanks or Juneau are you Plant?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 26 Jul 2023, 19:50:42

Plantagenet wrote:
theluckycountry wrote:The conspiracy you deny actually began hundreds of years ago when rich American businessmen conspired "in secret" to rebel against the British Monarchy and take the nation for themselves and their descendants.

You are way way way down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole....I'm afraid you really don't know what you are talking about. Did you learn all this nonsense from Putin??? :lol: :-D :roll:

The US declaration of independence was hashed out at a convention that was an open, public meeting of elected representatives

I see you have remembered well what they programmed into you at school Plant. But let's look a little deeper shall we.

The American Revolutionary War (April 19, 1775 – September 3, 1783)
The war was formalized and intensified following passage of the Lee Resolution, which asserted that the Thirteen Colonies were "free and independent states", by the Second Continental Congress in Philadelphia on July 2, 1776, and the unanimous ratification of the Declaration of Independence two days later, on July 4, 1776.

So the war began over a year before the declaration you are so proud of was hashed out. So who began the war?

American Revolution began with the skirmishes between British regulars and American provincials on April 19, 1775. “The British are coming!” Paul Revere did not ride through the countryside shouting “The British are coming.” In fact, he did not shout anything. There were plenty of loyalists to the crown among the colonists. Secrecy was necessary. Paul Revere’s job, along with William Dawes, was to warn certain predetermined men so that the patriot militia could prepare for the British troops marching to Concord.

That was the humble beginning right, but then this happened.

...One of the most significant comes from this country’s founding era, when small numbers of Americans, most of them very wealthy, practiced an “economic patriotism” that put their country’s interests ahead of their own, risking—and sometimes losing—their financial well-being. But only when a few wealthy merchants threw their weight behind the fledgling movement did resistance to British rule gain momentum.

Here was where the conspiracy against the British began Plant. You have watched so many TV shows deriding "Conspiracy Theories" you can't see a true one when it stares you in the face. Sure some of modern theories are nuts, like the Apollo landings were faked conspiracy, but do you honestly believe those wealthy Americans who decided to back the fledgling revolution did it at a public hall? Do you think they sat down in front of the local British officers and told them, had their intentions printed in the local papers? Or did they conspire against the British in secret Plant, fund the revolution on the quiet. Even Paul Revere kept quiet lest he alert the Pro-British factions of the nation.

That was the conspiracy that founded the nation plant, and what those rich me did after the war was won was to simply replace the British system of taxation with one of their own once they came into power. You are confused is all plant, all that tripe they fed you in school was only half the story.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ey/606166/
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Wed 26 Jul 2023, 20:51:56

When U.S. conventional oil production peaked with real wages during the 1970s, the effects of the Triffin dilemma, which was starting during the 1960s as economic growth started to slow down, became more pronounced as trade deficits became more chronic. A few years later, Reagan would counter this through deregulation, which lead to increasing debt to cover increasing spending.

The catch is that increasing debt cannot be indefinite unless the world continued relying on the dollar for trade. That's where the twin ideologies of neoliberalism and neoconservatism came along, with the first meant to force countries to open up to trade liberalization and let market forces prevail, and the second meant to "rescue" countries plagued by "tyranny" in order to promote "freedom and democracy," which is the sibling of free market capitalism.

In reality, the goal was to keep countries weak and thus open for exploitation by the U.S., as stronger countries can prey on weaker ones in such markets, and politicians working for the rich and their foreign partners (which just happen to be politicians and businessmen from the U.S. and the rest of G-7), and at the same time make them permanently dependent on the dollar.

The problem is that the U.S. did not succeed, as Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan industrialized, followed by the "tiger" economies, and now the "tiger cubs". Add to that the Chinese "dragon" and the Vietnamese "little dragon," and now points about increasing growth in parts of South Asia and even Africa. At best, the richest in industrialized countries can earn by investing in them, but most in industrialized countries can only gain through domestic business.

De-dollarization was predicted, but it was assumed that it would go very slowly. With the employment of both ideologies in countries like Ukraine and leading to blowback, which is the invasion by Russia, that move away from the U.S. has appeared to have accelerated.

Meanwhile, the U.S., G-7, and the rest of the EU have begun to realize the hypocrisy of their views concerning the two ideologies, as seen in many current examples. For example, the U.S. keeps talking about Taiwanese democracy but refuses to call for Taiwanese sovereignty because it doesn't want to upset its main trading partner China. The EU talks about human rights in various countries, like several in Asia, but continues to trade readily with Saudi Arabia, which is also a trading partner and military ally of the U.S.

The implication, given these, is that the U.S. and the other G-7 members are phonies, and that they only use calls for "freedom and democracy" and narratives of Russia, China, and others having imperialist aspirations in order to protect their own. The fact that they have been working with various authoritarian regimes, and in return for economic and military advantages, shows the duplicity of their views, and has led to strong reaction from the Global South.

In any event, this is the situation that not only Biden (not to mention his son) and Trump find themselves in. In such a world, emphasizing those two ideologies can only lead to more disaster.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 27 Jul 2023, 15:46:29

theluckycountry wrote:..do you honestly believe those wealthy Americans who decided to back the fledgling revolution did it at a public hall?

Of course. And i've been to the very hall in Philadelphia where the declaration of independence was written and debated and voted on and passed and then published. There was a lot of discussion by the delegates about how the British would seize their fortunes and hang them as traitors....but their American character came through and they voted for independence.

theluckycountry wrote:
Do you think they ... had their intentions printed in the local papers?

I already explained to you exactly how this happened. I don't have the time to teach you things over and over again.

theluckycountry wrote:
Even Paul Revere kept quiet lest he alert the Pro-British factions of the nation.

Now You are just being silly.

Do you imagine that Paul Revere passed notes or used sign language or mimed out the message that the "british are coming"??? when he rode through the countryside?

You seem incapable of distinguishing between the idea that people could talk about their anti-British grievances and give speeches and publish pamphlets to express their ideas, and then when the British do something abhorent openly gather together to organize themselves to fight back. It's a simple concept and entirely consistent with human nature but somehow you don't get it.

And thats my laugh of the day.

Your conspiracy theories were funny the first time, but they are even more ridiculous and funnier the second time.

Observe the quiet anti-British conspirator Paul Revere not being quiet as he shouts out to all who can hear....THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!!!

SHEESH!!!!!!

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 30 Jul 2023, 18:53:03

Elsewhere we have discussed Entertaining Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman. He makes a strong point about how America was MORE literate in those days than now, how political ideas were disseminated via newspapers and pamphlets. But also look to the Federalist Papers, which which were published in newspapers for common folk to read so that they could be educated in the arguments of why a new constitution was needed and why the various features were included. They were well written and fairly dense arguments. I fear few today would be able to follow the discussion.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 30 Jul 2023, 20:28:46

FWIW, several countries that follow the U.S. in its adventurism include those in Europe and Japan.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Mon 31 Jul 2023, 05:58:30

Newfie wrote:Elsewhere we have discussed Entertaining Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman. He makes a strong point about how America was MORE literate in those days than now, how political ideas were disseminated via newspapers and pamphlets. But also look to the Federalist Papers, which which were published in newspapers for common folk to read so that they could be educated in the arguments of why a new constitution was needed and why the various features were included. They were well written and fairly dense arguments. I fear few today would be able to follow the discussion.

This is my main argument for the elimination of public babysi..I mean public schools! In the beginning of the 20th century the rate was 95%. Today we are at 79% and ranked 27th in the world, just behind Canada (85%). and before Italy (77.2%).

the first five:

1. Uzbekistan 99.99%
2. Ukraine 99.97 (Nazis were always big on reading)
3. San Marino 99.92
4. Latvia 99.89

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 31 Jul 2023, 06:07:17

Interesting. I dont know about eliminating public education, reinstating public education would he high on my list. In suspect our difference comes from different life experience, the situation around us. Big city education has little to do with education.

Surly I consider our educational failures a disgrace and perhaps our highest priority.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 31 Jul 2023, 22:17:03

Joe Biden Met With Moscow Mayor's Wife Before $3.5 Million Wire To Hunter
Devon Archer Spills The Beans: Tells Congress About Shady Burisma Dealings, Joe Biden's "More Than 20" Conversations
https://nypost.com/2023/07/31/ex-hunter ... eposition/
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/31/us/p ... rcher.html

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/ ... 1849715718

You got a grifter running your nation :lol:
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 31 Jul 2023, 22:23:25

theluckycountry wrote:You got a grifter running your nation :lol:

Wouldn't be the first time.

And yet...we are still a nation that was doing decades ago things SLUR DELETED BY NEWFIE.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 01 Aug 2023, 19:17:07

Fitch downgrades US credit rating due to Biden mismanagement of the economy producing an increase in the federal debt load

fitch-cuts-usas-aaa-rating-cites-fiscal-deterioration-erosion-governance

Thanks to Biden's mismanagement of the economy the US has just lost it top level credit rating.

Fitch downgrade of US credit rating marks another huge failure for Bidenomics.....

SHEEESH!!!!!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion