Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Gasoline Price Thread 2022-2023

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: THE Gasoline Price Thread 2013-2022

Unread postby mousepad » Fri 02 Dec 2022, 11:47:07

AdamB wrote:As opposed to the scumbag KGB officer

One man's scumbag is another man's hero.
Some say the scumbag is Wolodymyr. Some even say the true scumbag is Sleepy, for helping the puppet scumbag Wolodymyr. America and democrats = good, Russia and republicans = bad is probably too simple.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 02 Dec 2022, 12:18:33

mousepad wrote:
AdamB wrote:As opposed to the scumbag KGB officer

One man's scumbag is another man's hero.

Indeed. I wonder how the English history books treat George Washington?

mousepad wrote:Some say the scumbag is Wolodymyr. Some even say the true scumbag is Sleepy, for helping the puppet scumbag Wolodymyr. America and democrats = good, Russia and republicans = bad is probably too simple.

Generally speaking, if it is expressed or argued simply, it is probably no deeper than a characterization. But I am happy to debate under mutually agreeable rules regardless of complexity. With VT, rules are pretty easy and well established. My tribe good, any other tribe bad. Not much complexity.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong of course. :) [smilie=adora.gif]
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 04 Dec 2022, 01:12:04

Store previously on my list as one of the first under $3.00/gal regular unleaded is now advertising $2.85/gal for same.

Sleepy Joe, you might be Sleepy, but keep up the good work on behalf of the folks driving the liquid fuel swilling antiques!!

On an unrelated note, I made a cold weather beltway run in the EV, requiring an SSD and some mini-DP to HDMI cabling to be collected. 25 miles, 65 mph+, 35F in the garage stored overnight, 30F outside in the morning, and it was one of the worst miles/kW I've ever achieved. Running full interior heat and heated seats and good speeds, it was just nasty, something like 3.1 miles/kW
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 05 Dec 2022, 14:01:25

One of my previous sub-$3.00/gal examples is now down to $2.79/gal, regular unleaded. Go Brandon! Keep bringing home those lower fuel prices for the antique owners using liquid fuels! Show the world that Sleepy is better than traitorous when it comes to delivering for the people! :)

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 06 Dec 2022, 18:30:01

AdamB wrote:One of my previous sub-$3.00/gal examples is now down to $2.79/gal, regular unleaded. Go Brandon! Keep bringing home those lower fuel prices for the antique owners using liquid fuels! Show the world that Sleepy is better than traitorous when it comes to delivering for the people! :)

It was predictable that once that nonsense didn't bring good political mileage, the usual suspects would switch horses rapidly. Recently, the range for crude has been rather stable and fairly inoffensive, overall (oscillations, obviously).

Now they have to try for things like Hunter's laptop, though anything objective shows that whole thing to be a non-starter, including the pack of stupid conspiracy theories from folks like Musk. (And vast left wing conspiracy theories don't play any better, including falsely claiming government directive into private corporate decisions re Twitter), than the false "vast right wing conspiracy" claim from HRC claimed.

Of course the fact free "Trump can do no wrong" set will believe anything the usual suspects utter, so likely that's all they care about. But I don't see that sort of nonsense winning majorities in a lot of national elections. (Naturally the far right will disagree, as always).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 07 Dec 2022, 20:51:49

Well on the scale of left to right I'm about middle right having never voted for Trump. That said your post above is complete BS.
Hunters Laptop is real evidence of real corruption and may well bring the Biden presidency to an early end. But why should anyone be surprised? How does a dedicated public servant who has not had a job outside government for fifty years gain a net worth north of nine million and own more then one multi million dollar houses? It can't be his books as he is a known plagiarizer so not worth reading.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 08 Dec 2022, 10:45:22

Local convenience store wife visits for their fountain drinks, usually pricier fuel than those who compete more on the larger inter-suburbia roads. Just noticed this morning on a quick run that they've dropped under $3.00/gal for regular unleaded. And last night I stopped my first $2.79/gal at one of the more bargain price focused places, you know, one that doesn't sell drinks and alcohol and sandwiches and has about only cigarettes and fuel to sell, there is one of them close by and it makes it easy to keep an eye on off-brand "as cheap as we can sell it" retailers.

Go Brandon! Bringing home the fuel bacon for 'MURIKA!! :)

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 08 Dec 2022, 10:57:53

AdamB wrote:dropped under $3.00/gal

That's even too cheap to meter.

Go Brandon! Bringing home the fuel bacon for 'MURIKA!! :)

And there I was for a split second thinking Sleepy is serious about global warming. Turns out he's the destroyer of worlds after all.
Why not vote for republicans next time? At least they are not lying about not caring about global warming. Not like them sleazy demwits. Is there anything more sleazy than a sleazy demwit promising to save the world and then doing exactly the opposite?
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 08 Dec 2022, 11:08:01

Outcast_Searcher wrote:Now they have to try for things like Hunter's laptop, though anything objective shows that whole thing to be a non-starter, including the pack of stupid conspiracy theories from folks like Musk.

Well, I view it as a "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" type thing. The two allowed parties funded by the oligarchs have to make it LOOK like they are different. So, picking on something or another from one side to the other is expected, and predictable. As of late, one side has had an advantage in being handed REAL things to point out, and the other needs to go hunting for molehills to make into mountains. Out of all of this the only things of significance have been the traitor attempting to stop the one thing that all Americans should support, that being the peaceful transfer of power. That one should have triggered every American into a tizzy, and did. Unfortunately, it then revealed that we are lacking in true Americans, and an amazingly large contingent is...something else? I usually use the term proto-fascist to describe that sub-population that are Americans by birth, but unAmerican by deed and word. Comprised of its own subsets, neo-Nazi's, full blown Nazi's, racists, Confederacy supporters looking for the good ol' days when those pesky colored folks weren't becoming...citizens..and whatnot, xenophobes, misogynists, Qanon halfwits and white nationalists, some component of the Christian right that just cares about support for taking away rights they don't want their mothers, sisters and daughters to have because the Bible says so, etc etc.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 08 Dec 2022, 11:25:28

vtsnowedin wrote:Well on the scale of left to right I'm about middle right having never voted for Trump. That said your post above is complete BS.
Hunters Laptop is real evidence of real corruption and may well bring the Biden presidency to an early end.

Putting aside the point that no one has found anything they can reference for the "realness" of corruption on Hunter's laptop, so you can't claim it any better than Plant unless you've got some of that data or bank transfers or depositions or whatever are needed to prove any of this to thinking people (you know, like the Jan6 Committee is generating for proving that the head of the Republicrat party is a traitor).

And good for you, not voting for Trump. Obviously TRUE Vermonters turned out in spades during the Presidental election in 2016 and 2020 to make darn sure that your neighbors who made him the primary winner both times were properly put in their places for having made such a poor decision. :)

Vtsnowedin wrote: But why should anyone be surprised? How does a dedicated public servant who has not had a job outside government for fifty years gain a net worth north of nine million and own more then one multi million dollar houses? It can't be his books as he is a known plagiarizer so not worth reading.

Traitors as President are a surprise. Con men are nothing knew, xenophobes, sexual predators, misogynists, business cheats, draft dodgers, all relatively common.

But the head of the Republican Party a traitor? Well...that is a surprise. Republicans gave him the nomination in 2016, and back then I understood the why myself, but by 2020, well, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. Can you imagine all your Republican friends handing him the primary win in 2020 after what they knew after 4 years? The guy was congratulating the fine people among the Nazi's....you would think that would be a clue to any thinking American. Which then leads to...Republicans....thinking American...things that make you go mmmmmmm. :roll:

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 11 Dec 2022, 20:02:02

$2.65/gal at one of my previously higher mentioned fuel station checks. Go Brandon!!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 14 Dec 2022, 01:30:24

mousepad wrote:Sleepy Joe …. Turns out he's the destroyer of worlds after all…… Is there anything more sleazy than a sleazy demwit promising to save the world and then doing exactly the opposite?

It’s hard to know whether Joe is sleazy or if he is just so senile that he doesn’t know what’s going on. Or maybe he is both senile AND sleazy.

The only positive thing about it is that is just so funny watching Joe Biden promise to fight global warming while simultaneously doing everything he can to get every molecule of gas onto to the market at the lowest price possible. It’s exactly what I always expected to happen…..but somehow I thought TPTB would be a little bit cleverer about it then Joe has turned out to be.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 14 Dec 2022, 09:58:43

Plantagenet wrote:
mousepad wrote:Sleepy Joe …. Turns out he's the destroyer of worlds after all…… Is there anything more sleazy than a sleazy demwit promising to save the world and then doing exactly the opposite?

It’s hard to know whether Joe is sleazy or if he is just so senile that he doesn’t know what’s going on. Or maybe he is both senile AND sleazy.

Could be. Thank goodness he isn't both of those AND a traitor like the last guy.

What's the price of fuel up there in Alaska Plant? We're starting to break the $2.80/gal barrier down here in the L48 quite regularly in my neck of th ewoods. Near $4.50/gal for diesel though.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 18 Dec 2022, 15:45:26

Consistent pricing for regular unleaded now <$2.80/gallon. Multiple brands, multiple store types.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 23 Dec 2022, 17:22:21

P - Just some FACTS regarding the EFFECT of President Biden's release from the SPR. A one-month release represents only 5% of US monthly demand. Which is actually much less then that number implies: the United States is the third-largest oil (read "hydrocarbon") exporter when you include refinery products. It exported $52.3 billion worth of oil (mostly in the form of refined products) in 2020, comprising 8.17% of global exports. Only Saudi Arabia and Russia exported more HYDROCARBONS than the US.

IOW on the given month of those 30 million bbls released from the SPR perhaps most (if not all) were refined and exported. In effect US gasoline prices are set in the GLOBAL MARKET PLACE...not the domestic market. This is especially true for diesel...ask any trucker. If a foreign buyer is willing to pay more for those products refined from those 30 million bbls then those hydrocarbons are exported to them.

I suspect you and some others here are familiar with this dynamic. But from a number of posts, it would appear any are not.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 23 Dec 2022, 22:24:00

ROCKMAN wrote:I suspect you and some others here are familiar with this dynamic. But from a number of posts, it would appear any are not.

Not sure who the "you" are, but I provided a caculation of the possible benefits to Americans right down to the savings in fuel cost per day. You don't appear to have contradicted the math, nor the mechanism of that calculation.

Understandably, the benefit I calculated didn't benefit me much at all, as some of us aren't wasting much at all on liquid fuels for antiques nowadays.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby suxs » Sat 24 Dec 2022, 06:34:31

This is hilarious. Now that prices at the pump have declined significantly, the usuals are over the moon pissed, resorting to extreme hyperbolic theatrics to describe President Biden - destroyer of worlds, sleazy, demwit, senile.
suxs
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 24 Dec 2022, 14:51:39

suxs wrote:This is hilarious. Now that prices at the pump have declined significantly, the usuals are over the moon pissed, resorting to extreme hyperbolic theatrics to describe President Biden - destroyer of worlds, sleazy, demwit, senile.

He is a politician with some form of cognitive decline, same as the last one. Joe started off with real brain power though, so the decline is more obvious than the semi-literate charlatan who came before. How should he be presented? Saver of worlds just because exactly his brand of blandness was the cure to a traiterous cabal running the American government previously? We didn't hire him to fix the country, he was what the oligarchs offered to defeat the seditionist traitor. Their plan worked. yeah. <yawn>

On topic....did a cross town trip today, quite a few 4 lane secondaries, quite a few gas stations. Regular unleaded is now consistently below $2.60/gal at brand name stores. Noticed them mostly because of their big signs, didn't catch many of the grocery store prices or little indepedent shops. But <$2.60/gal for Christmas...I'll take it. Go Brandon!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 27 Dec 2022, 06:30:55

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote: Hunters Laptop is real evidence of real corruption and may well bring the Biden presidency to an early end.

So, just making things up is your thing, then? Or repeating far right nonsense and claiming to be a moderate.

Just because the far right endlessly repeats total nonsense (which has been clearly discredited) doesn't make it any more true than, say, flat earth claims.

For example:

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/12/07/hel ... ns-laptop/
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 27 Dec 2022, 19:02:21

From the article you linked:
The fact that, much later on, many elements of the laptops history and provenance were confirmed as legitimate (with some open questions) is important, but does not change the simple fact that the morning the NY Post story came out, it was extremely unclear (in either direction) except to extreme partisans in both camps.

So it is legitimate evidence and I expect we will find it very interesting.
But feel free to go with the fifty one experts that tried to discredit it without having access to the contents.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion