Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Economic Depression Thread (merged)

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Unread postby 0mar » Fri 07 Jan 2005, 05:00:10

Silver is probably the most important element in modern electronics right after silicon.

Without silver, most electronics wouldn't be near as effective as they are now.
Joseph Stalin
"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything. "
0mar
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby spot5050 » Sun 09 Jan 2005, 20:46:29

marec, in your OP you said;
marec wrote:If the technical picture is correct, stock may lose 40% of its current value in the next six months...
The Gold market is showing even worse signs. Gold can test $300 an oz in next six months also.

But now you say;
marec wrote:Stocks will probably go down, but I would hold on to energy stocks (my favorites: ExxonMobil, Suncor, Headwaters, Petrocanada, Exelon, E.ON). Recently, China has been murmuring about increasing its gold imports. If that is true, then this year might be bullish on gold.

So what are you saying marec? What is the point of this thread? Are you bullish or bearish now on stocks and gold?
spot5050
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: What are they thinking?

Unread postby Eustacian » Mon 10 Jan 2005, 13:13:04

smallpoxgirl wrote:
marek wrote:The bullish case for silver was well made with Jim Blanchard and Franklin Sanders "Silver Bonanza" in the mid 1990s, and the case for silver has only grown much stronger since then. This piece is treating the coming silver bull as inevitable, whether this year, next year, or five years from now

Could you give a synopsis of the arguement? Is there some industrial importance to silver that I don't understand? I can only think of maybe four things made from silver
1. Jewlery
2. Photographic film - demand decreasing w/ upsurge in digital cameras.
3. Silver nitrate sticks - deal that looks like a fireplace match used to stop bleeding.
4. Coloidal silver - the cure-all tonic of the right wing fringe.

Electronics - electronics - electronics. Silver solder. Low resistance. Most of the silver mined today is going to print circuit boards.
Eustacian
Peat
Peat

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance