Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The drums of war are beating again

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

The drums of war are beating again

Unread postby shakespear1 » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 08:27:58

Hard research by International Institute for Strategic Studies is showing that we have a serious World Problem that is looking for a solution. Not hard to guess who will solve it like all the other.

COMMENTARY
Building a case, any case, against Iran
By Kaveh L Afrasiabi

The British think tank, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), has just released a new study on Iran's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) - "Iran's Strategic Weapons Programs - A Net Assessment" - declaring with much fanfare that Tehran is five years or so from developing nuclear bombs.

Building a case, any case, against Iran :wink:
Men argue, nature acts !
Voltaire

"...In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

Alan Greenspan
shakespear1
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: The drums of war are beating again

Unread postby DesertBear2 » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 08:59:58

Prez George is a "war president". He said so himself.

It's that good adrenaline feeling of tank engines starting up and warplanes streaking through the sky....the smell of fresh cordite in the air and action afoot.

They are determined to find a justification for more action. Just a matter of rearranging a few facts....and that's never been a problem for those of a primitive religious bent. And the running-dog American media will likely cooperate in full measure in stirring up the captive minds of the volk.
DesertBear2
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby rogerhb » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 09:06:44

Fuhrer Bush will be moving his fictitious divisions around the world long after the Generals have said the wheels have fallen off the army.
rogerhb
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby shakespear1 » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 09:32:39

Can we bring Chaplin back to make a movie of this administration. :-D
Men argue, nature acts !
Voltaire

"...In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

Alan Greenspan
shakespear1
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby ohanian » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 09:54:21

shakespear1 wrote:Can we bring Chaplin back to make a movie of this administration. :-D

Charlie Chaplin in "The Great President".
ohanian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby uNkNowN ElEmEnt » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 13:08:52

alternately titled Charlie Chaplin in "The Last President"
uNkNowN ElEmEnt
Expert
Expert

Unread postby I_Like_Plants » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 18:17:14

shakespear1 wrote:Can we bring Chaplin back to make a movie of this administration. :-D

Chaplin was Jewish, I only found out too late myself. I do not trust any Israelite in any capacity, they have their own agenda and they're good at enlisting other peoples and countries to fight their wars for them, read Kevin McDonald (A People That Shall Live Alone, The Culture Of Critique) on this. Bush is of course not Jewish, but a typical Jew-brainwashed Xtian.

Chaplin's evil propaganda brought us into WWII and we all know how well that went. It brought on 50 years of cold war with the USSR which rightfully would have been wiped off of the map, USSR enslavement of half of Europe, and Communist enslavement of China - a Communist juggernaut which we'll end up at war with in the future.

In other words, the good guys lost and the bad guys won.
I_Like_Plants
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shakespear1 » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 18:37:28

Wow. I will need to look at those movies again to see.

I though it was anti Nazi. :?
Men argue, nature acts !
Voltaire

Alan Greenspan
shakespear1
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby MrBean » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 22:28:48

shakespear1 wrote:Wow. I will need to look at those movies again to see.

I though it was anti Nazi. :?

Umm, to be exact I Like Plants very well understands Chaplin is anti -I Like Plants, since I Like Plants is a nazi.
MrBean
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby engulfthemanatee » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 22:33:17

I_Like_Plants wrote:

Chaplin was Jewish, I only found out too late myself. I do not trust any Israelite in any capacity, they have their own agenda and they're good at enlisting other peoples and countries to fight their wars for them, read Kevin McDonald (A People That Shall Live Alone, The Culture Of Critique) on this. Bush is of course not Jewish, but a typical Jew-brainwashed Xtian.

Kevin McDonald the guy from Kids In The Hall? I wouldn't trust an Irishman's opinion on Jews!!! :roll:

Israel has its own agenda? Are you one of those people who think the Mossad was behind 9/11?

I consider Israel to be the greatest nation experiment since America. Its history fascinates me. They'd be perfectly willing to leave well enough alone, but their neighbors keep fucking with them.
engulfthemanatee
Peat
Peat

Unread postby rogerhb » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 22:44:25

engulfthemanatee wrote:I consider Israel to be the greatest nation experiment since America. Its history fascinates me. They'd be perfectly willing to leave well enough alone, but their neighbors keep fucking with them.

Yeah, the Palestinians aren't happy with a 3rd party giving away there country without asking, not the done thing (well it was the done thing).

The Russian Jews aren't even from that region!

I'll say it was an interesting but flawed experiment. Now, let's start again and try something else.
rogerhb
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby engulfthemanatee » Wed 14 Sep 2005, 23:15:41

rogerhb wrote:Yeah, the Palestinians aren't happy with a 3rd party giving away there country without asking, not the done thing (well it was the done thing).

The Russian Jews aren't even from that region!

I'll say it was an interesting but flawed experiment. Now, let's start again and try something else.

Well not their WHOLE country, just parts of it (not even half, and not even Jersusalem). Then Israel went and won the war(s). They won! Sure, you could argue that the Palestinians have a right to Palestine, but you could also argue that England has a right to America. But thing is...we won. Although I suppose it's a bit different because Americans WERE English at the time and Palestinians were never exactly Jewish. However, one could also say that Israel has a right to Palestine, according to Judaism. So, they both have a right to the territory, but the difference is that Israel won.

Anyway, I concede that I probably don't know what I'm talking about since I've really only been learning in depth about Israel for a few months. I don't mean to hijack the thread and turn it into a Israel/Palestine debate.
engulfthemanatee
Peat
Peat

Return to North America Discussion