Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Detention Camp Thread (merged)

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: "Civilian Inmate Labor Camps" Army Document

Unread postby seahorse2 » Fri 03 Nov 2006, 16:29:16

Here's another link:Army PDF
This issue has also been discussed on this forum: American Internment Camps
seahorse2
Expert
Expert

Re: "Civilian Inmate Labor Camps" Army Document

Unread postby NEOPO » Fri 03 Nov 2006, 18:58:28

Crazy wacky conspiracy theorist!!! ;-)

That is who I would put in the camps first ;-)
It is easier to enslave a people that wish to remain free then it is to free a people who wish to remain enslaved.
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Name of the post peak game: "Stay out of the camps"

Unread postby mattduke » Mon 11 Dec 2006, 23:36:52

Name of the post peak game: "Stay out of the camps"
There are a lot of sadistic people out there, and they have government jobs.

Google Video
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Name of the post peak game: "Stay out of the camps&

Unread postby dukey » Tue 12 Dec 2006, 10:17:49

years ago waterboarding used to be a war crime, now the US administation plays it down like simulated drowning isn't that bad at all. Fox News obviously supports this opinion.

have a read of this: link
dukey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Name of the post peak game: "Stay out of the camps&

Unread postby Novus » Tue 12 Dec 2006, 17:40:32

The scary part is that America has over 2 million prisioners and more then half them are simple drug users.

They should show stuff like this in the high schools because this is the number one reason not to do drugs in America. Drug use = jail time = torture!!!
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Prison camps in USA

Unread postby dukey » Tue 20 Mar 2007, 22:15:27

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a plan by the United States federal government to test their ability to detain large numbers of American citizens in case of massive civil unrest or national emergency. Exercises similar to Rex 84 happen periodically. Plans for roundups of persons in the United States in times of crisis are constructed during periods of increased political repression such as the Palmer Raids and the McCarthy Era. For example, from 1967 to 1971 the FBI kept a list of persons to be rounded up as subversive, dubbed the "ADEX" list.
link
here some pics

[video width=400 height=326]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6981490430619415038&hl=en[/video]

[flash width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/v/84usB4dfog4[/flash]
Apparantly theres over 600 fema 'camps' in USA. All that is needed is for some catrastrophe to happen.
dukey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Prison camps in USA

Unread postby pea-jay » Wed 21 Mar 2007, 01:58:09

I too distrust our government. But I also doubt its ability to carry out much in the way of any emergency mitigation, especially in light of an energy emergency

Chalk this camp as a long line of contingency exercises the military practices for but never realistically could implement. Kinda like the invading Canada scenario they also have.
UNplanning the future...
http://unplanning.blogspot.com
pea-jay
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby NEOPO » Wed 21 Mar 2007, 02:03:54

pffft! I am sure one of our EXPERTS has a perfectly good explanation for all of this 8)
This cannot be real. This cannot be happening! They did not teach me this in college!

I thoroughly enjoy the thoughts that these camps either A: do not actually exist or B: would never be used to round up american citizens for any reason but to help them and you are probably just an america hater to post such nonsense :lol:
Finally it becomes clear as to why it is sometimes better to have no education at all...
It is easier to enslave a people that wish to remain free then it is to free a people who wish to remain enslaved.
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jupiters_release » Wed 21 Mar 2007, 02:18:06

NEOPO wrote:pffft! I am sure one of our EXPERTS has a perfectly good explanation for all of this 8)

Think the party line is to put Mexicans in there.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Laughs_Last » Wed 21 Mar 2007, 04:16:19

I wonder if guard duty will pay well, and if I'll need a 2-year degree from a community college in "criminal science" to get in on the ground floor of that operation? :twisted:
Laughs_Last
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Wed 21 Mar 2007, 11:05:34

purcatty wrote:Burocracy will go the way of oil. You won't find a single person working for that org after the crunch. When the news comes, they will fill their pants and run for their families.

When presented with the choice of "Outside the fence with a rifle and a belly full of gruel, or inside the fence with the dysentery and starvation," a surprising number of people will line up to choose the former.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby peripato » Thu 29 Mar 2007, 02:42:48

The real reason behind the fence?
the fence George Bush is promoting has the stated purpose of keeping illegal immigrants out of the US. But I am sure that, as time goes on, we will find that the fence functions equally well to keep US citizens from fleeing the country. That's right folks, George Bush is going to fence off the largest prison camp in the world.
This virtual fence will make it much harder for inductees to evade serving in the "War on Terror." And, as the US economy collapses and many in the US find themselves sinking into debt servitude, they will be unable to escape across the border.
peripato
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby cynicalheretic » Thu 29 Mar 2007, 10:30:26

it's where we should put all them there subversive types. We should start catching those folk type that have guns and what not.
cynicalheretic
Permanently Banned

Unread postby lotrfan55345 » Fri 30 Mar 2007, 01:59:54

It's for the chicanos and non-caucasians!
lotrfan55345
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby NEOPO » Fri 30 Mar 2007, 02:53:33

jupiters_release wrote:
NEOPO wrote:pffft! I am sure one of our EXPERTS has a perfectly good explanation for all of this 8)
Think the party line is to put Mexicans in there.

I beg of you as they beg of me to think :-D Who would you rather have as slaves post peak? I rest my case your honor :)
NEOPO
Permanently Banned

Unread postby max_power29 » Fri 30 Mar 2007, 03:16:58

I, for one, am not going to any of these camps alive:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? [...] The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!" - Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago (Chapter 1, "Arrest")
Iran: 'Murrica's FINAL frontier
max_power29
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby eXpat » Tue 05 Jun 2007, 15:27:31

Houston-based KBR, formerly the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton Co., has a contingency contract in place with the Department of Homeland Security to construct detention facilities in the event of a national emergency. Link to original article

Zuieback told this writer the primary intent of the KBR contract was to build temporary detention facilities that could be used in the event of a mass migration across the border that required ICE to respond on a quick basis to an illegal-immigration crisis.

“The idea of the KBR contract is to support the Army Corp of Engineers,” Zuieback explained, “in case we experienced a sudden mass immigration and we had to respond quickly. We would need immediate detention facilities in the form of temporary housing that would enable us to determine if the large numbers of illegal immigrants were political or economically motivated, or if they were criminals or terrorists.”

Zuieback confirmed that the KBR contract for detention facilities could apply to national emergencies, including natural disasters.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Jun 2007, 15:40:57

The Mexican economy may completely collapse now that Cantarell has peaked and the nationalized Mexican oil business is no longer going to be able to fund the Mexican government and its large subsidies in the costs of basic foodstuffs in Mexico. If Mexico is no longer able to feed a its people, A "Mariel style" mass flood of immigrants from Mexico to the U.S. might occur.

Tens of thousands of people fled to the US to escape the terrible economic conditions in Cuba during Mariel....then Castro emptied his prisons and his mental hospitals and sent them along as well. We might get a flood of millions in a very short period of time from a collapsing Mexico.

The Mariel boatlift was a mass movement of Cubans who departed from Cuba's Mariel Harbor to the United States between April 15 and October 31, 1980.
The boatlift was precipitated by a sharp downturn in the Cuban economy, leading to simmering internal tensions on the island and a bid by up to 10,000 Cubans to gain asylum in the Peruvian embassy.
The Cuban government subsequently announced that anyone who wanted to leave could do so, and an impromptu exodus organized by Cuban-Americans with the agreement of Cuban President Fidel Castro was underway. The boatlift began to have negative political implications for U.S. President Jimmy Carter when it was discovered that a number of the exiles had been released from Cuban jails and mental health facilities. The exodus was ended by mutual agreement between the two governments in Oct 1980. By that time up to 125,000 people had made the journey to Florida. 8)
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion