Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Detention Camp Thread (merged)

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Footage from an under construction american internment c

Unread postby Rafa » Tue 21 Mar 2006, 19:29:03

Interesting:
Chocky wrote:If you look at Iraq at the moment, you will find that most Muslims are being killed not by Americans, but other Muslims.

That is what people in the USA believe? In the rest of the world people believe that the US troops are directly responsible of the majority of the deaths; and explicit footage is sometimes shown showing that.
Rafa
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Tue 21 Mar 2006, 19:59:19

Rafa wrote:and explicit footage is sometimes shown showing that.

Footage that has never been, nor will ever be, aired in the United States. You can't blame Americans for believing the lies they are told, they have no access to the truth.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby TheTurtle » Tue 21 Mar 2006, 20:08:00

seahorse2 wrote:Here is a link to the "endgame" plan formulated by the DHS. DHS

An interesting document, seahorse. Hidden therein, we find the basic goals of Endgame: To aid in the arrest and detention of illegal aliens and to facilitate apprehension of potential terrorists.
In the glossary of the report, they define "alien", "absconder" and "fugitive". But they don't define "terrorist". 8O
“Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.” (Ted Perry)
TheTurtle
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Chocky » Tue 21 Mar 2006, 20:39:52

That is what people in the USA believe?

I don't live in the USA so I can't say for sure.
In the rest of the world people believe that the US troops are directly responsible of the majority of the deaths; and explicit footage is sometimes shown showing that.

So the dozens of executed people turning up dead every day are being killed by Americans, and not government/militia death squads?
Chocky
Coal
Coal

Unread postby seahorse » Wed 22 Mar 2006, 00:22:21

Turtle, The fact DHS doesn't define "terrorist" is the scary part. Its also the problem I have with the ongoing "war" on terror, domestic spying, etc. It is easy to use the "immigration" problem as a public reason for funding these "detention facilities" which are also used to house "terrorists" as yet undefined enemies of the state. Hmmm.

How many Americans are aware of this "endgame" policy? I wasn't until just recently. What a crazy and scary name for a DHS policy.
seahorse
Expert
Expert

Unread postby TheTurtle » Wed 22 Mar 2006, 11:05:32

I heard that the reason the government doesn't define "terrorist" is because we often support people who, by any reasonable definition, could be considered "terrorists" (think Bin Laden against the USSR in Afghanistan in years gone by). Since the government doesn't want to legally open itself up to charges of supporting "terrorists", they leave the definition open ended ... sort of "we know a terrorist when we see one" and "if we call it a terrorist, then it's a terrorist."

Double scary: 8O 8O I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Orwell was a bloody genius!
“Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.” (Ted Perry)
TheTurtle
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby seahorse » Wed 22 Mar 2006, 22:25:56

The United States has a new police agency for its war on terror, acronym "ICE." DHS - ICE

Please read all the links. The ICE touts all the new expansive police powers it has with its goal of becoming America's premier police force. Where does the FBI fit into all this I was wondering? At any rate, notice how it has many, many jobs - operating detention facilities, securing federal buildings, monitoring the movement of money etc in the US (domestic spying maybe?), it mentions having the authority to prevent civil disobedience etc. Interesting new agency, new police force for this war on terror.
seahorse
Expert
Expert

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Wed 22 Mar 2006, 22:57:28

TheTurtle wrote:I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Orwell was a bloody genius!

Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia
"We were standing on the edges
Of a thousand burning bridges
Sifting through the ashes every day
What we thought would never end
Now is nothing more than a memory
The way things were before
I lost my way" - OCMS
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Unread postby oswald622 » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 03:38:24

informedEJ, i'm really curious about those pics. please post them soon. what air force base was it, by the way?
oswald622
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Magus » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 04:00:48

"ENDGAME"...such an onminous name...and this new organization, "ICE." It, and the Department of Homeland Security as a whole, are beginning to remind me of this fictional organization: UNATCO

Notice any similarities between the two? 8O I think we can confidently conclude here that this ICE organiazation could quite possibly become a secret police.

(I highly recommend that any reader of this site (and avid gamer) purchase the game "DEUS EX." While being one hell of gaming experience, it also touches on many issues mentioned here (corporate greed, conspiracies, global pandemics, terrorism, lies...the whole works) and has the distinction of being a first-person shooter that actually encourages you to AVOID killing people.)
Magus
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Kickinthegob » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 05:11:19

seahorse wrote:The ICE touts all the new expansive police powers it has with its goal of becoming America's premier police force

I had never heard of ICE before and then saw a TV show or movie awhile back with all these guys running around with ICE on their backs, Donald Sutherland was in it. Not sure what it was about, I usually like Sutherland but there was something just plain 'wrong' about the show so I think I went outside to play.
jpg
A blonde in sunglasses and an older white gent in handcuffs? :lol:
How many policing agencies does the US have now?
ICE, CIA, FBI, NSA, DEA...I know there are about 5 more!? They all need somewhere to stuff the criminals America is apparently full of - crazy.
Kickinthegob
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby mattduke » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 17:28:06

Let's see the high-resolution satellite imagery of these sites. Whose got the google maps links?
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby InformedEJ » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 22:46:15

oswald622 I working on getting those pictures digitized... taking longer than i thought. The base that it was near is Edwards Air Force Base in California...
InformedEJ
Peat
Peat

Unread postby oswald622 » Fri 24 Mar 2006, 05:50:15

InformedEJ wrote:oswald622 I working on getting those pictures digitized... taking longer than i thought. The base that it was near is Edwards Air Force Base in California...

edwards isn't in northern california. are you sure that's right?
oswald622
Peat
Peat

Unread postby InformedEJ » Fri 24 Mar 2006, 08:32:18

Yes i'm sure thats the one. When writting that post i confused Edwards and Beale, i visited both the same day. Beale for military travel and Edwards on my own time. Thanks for clearing that up though...
InformedEJ
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Rafa » Fri 31 Mar 2006, 08:26:58

Chocky wrote:
In the rest of the world people believe that the US troops are directly responsible of the majority of the deaths; and explicit footage is sometimes shown showing that.
So the dozens of executed people turning up dead every day are being killed by Americans, and not government/militia death squads?

Read again, I talk about "the majority of the deaths".
There are dozens of people killed by iraqi factions, yes; but there are much, much more that are killed by foreign armies (the random killings at checkpoints, but also the mass bombing from air, or when closing a whole urban area and shelling with heavy weapons, like in Falluja).
While there are dozens of people killed by iraqi factions, there are also tens of dozens that are killed by occupier soldiers.
Rafa
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby The_Virginian » Wed 05 Apr 2006, 13:35:21

Kickinthegob wrote: How many policing agencies does the US have now? ICE, CIA, FBI, NSA, DEA...I know there are about 5 more!? They all need somewhere to stuff the criminals America is apparently full of - crazy.

Off the top of my head lets add: ATF, FFWA (fish and wildlife wardens), US MARSHALS, IRS (although they refer to the JUSTICE DEPARTMENT for enforcement), TREASURY (against counterfitters...etc.)....
I'm sure I left out a few..
[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watchv=Ai4te4daLZs&feature=related[/url] "My soul longs for the candle and the spices. If only you would pour me a cup of wine for Havdalah...My heart yearning, I shall lift up my eyes to g-d, who provides for my needs day and night."
The_Virginian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Tuike » Thu 01 Jun 2006, 16:35:02

InformedEJ wrote:oswald622 I working on getting those pictures digitized... taking longer than i thought. The base that it was near is Edwards Air Force Base in California...

Are the pictures digitized yet?
Tuike
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby El_Corvo » Wed 28 Jun 2006, 02:10:19

Indeed it is over 10 years old. Its seems to be circa 1995-96. This vid popped up a few months back on a friend's Live Journal, and I did some investigating because, while it is rather disturbing, I needed as many facts as I could come across. The footage was filmed by Linda Thompson, author of "Waco - The Big Lie", and founder of the American Justice Federation.

At the time the video originally surfaced, a lot of the conspiratorial-minded folks at the time were convinced that the Clinton administration and the UN were going to start rounding up christians and other "troublemakers" and sticking them in camps like this.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that its probably designed to hold a lot of people in the event of some disaster.
Eli wrote:Uh, I think this video is over 10 years old guys. The voice over says that the facility was supposed to close in 1993 but millions in funds have been spent over the past 2 years on the facility. Which would make the video 11 years old.
El_Corvo
Wood
Wood

"Civilian Inmate Labor Camps" Army Document

Unread postby mattduke » Fri 03 Nov 2006, 14:18:44

"Civilian Inmate Labor Camps" Army Document :
Remember the name of the post-peak game: "stay out of the camps".

"Guidance for establishing civilian inmate labor camps". Thank you cryptogon for this data.

.mil link to pdf file
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion