Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 7

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 17 Jul 2022, 19:04:08

Doly wrote:
So.....if you ignore inflation and recession and Biden's senility and incompetence and all the other issues, the Ds are actually in better shape than you might think for the upcoming elections.

Inflation and recession are the only ones that really count. People will or won't believe in Biden's incompetence depending merely on which party they have already decided to vote.

Yes, I see FoxNews blaming everything on Biden, but the wingnuts didn't pull it off on the last election. I didn't see Trump ruining the economy although I question if he helped any. It appears the system is on autopilot for better or worst. Not sure what the rest of the electorate sees.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 17 Jul 2022, 19:28:14

Plantagenet wrote:
jedrider wrote:I don't think the electorate is seeing Democrat when they see Biden. Perhaps, they just see Biden..

The mid-terms are typically a referendum on the President and his Party's policies. In Biden's case he is clearly a D carrying out D policies.

Biden's poll numbers are very low and the results of his policies are stagflation, with high gas prices, uncontrolled inflation, stock market and bond and crypto collapse, more COVID waves, high rates of crime in D cities following on D nonsense about defunding the police, increasing coal use and more CO2 emissions bringing record global warming, sucking up the Saudis and begging for more oil, and don't forget Biden's promises he would deter the war in Europe by threatening sanctions. Basically everything Biden touches gets worse. I call it "the Biden effect."

AND, most likely, we'll see the Biden recession hit before too long, bringing job losses. I expect a long and deep recession because Joe Biden will screw things up yet again.....

But perhaps voters will forget about all of that before the November elections and just appreciate how funny Joe Biden is when he has a "senior moment" and makes a laughingstock out of himself.

Cheers!

You forgot the terrible execution of the US retreat from Afghanistan! That was another total fiasco under Joe Alzheimer's leadership!
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 17 Jul 2022, 19:45:35

While inflation and Recession are enough to settle many voters minds there are the other issues of: energy policy/ high prices, Afghanistan , Ukraine, Iran , crime, the border crisis, Fentanyl, permits for transportation and pipeline projects etc. Any two will do for a no vote for Biden. He has zero prospects for fixing any of them by November or even 2024.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 17 Jul 2022, 21:10:59

vtsnowedin wrote:While inflation and Recession are enough to settle many voters minds there are the other issues of: energy policy/ high prices, Afghanistan , Ukraine, Iran , crime, the border crisis, Fentanyl, permits for transportation and pipeline projects etc. Any two will do for a no vote for Biden. He has zero prospects for fixing any of them by November or even 2024.

You may be right about perception, but a party that can't pass it's own agenda is not really in full control. To a Democrat, Manchin and Sinema blocked their whole agenda for the most part. Were they DINO's from Republican states? Probably. Should Democrats discipline them as the Republican party does? Well, I would leave that to the voters.

Considering our problems, Democrats are unable to fix them and Republicans will just make everything worse. The outcome may not appear much different, though.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 17 Jul 2022, 21:23:14

jedrider wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:While inflation and Recession are enough to settle many voters minds there are the other issues of: energy policy/ high prices, Afghanistan , Ukraine, Iran , crime, the border crisis, Fentanyl, permits for transportation and pipeline projects etc. Any two will do for a no vote for Biden. He has zero prospects for fixing any of them by November or even 2024.

You may be right about perception, but a party that can't pass it's own agenda is not really in full control. To a Democrat, Manchin and Sinema blocked their whole agenda for the most part. Were they DINO's from Republican states? Probably. Should Democrats discipline them as the Republican party does? Well, I would leave that to the voters.

Considering our problems, Democrats are unable to fix them and Republicans will just make everything worse. The outcome may not appear much different, though.

But just eighteen months ago when Republicans had the reins things were better then they are now in spite of covid. Manchin and Sinema have saved the Democrats from doing even more damage then they have to date and are the only clear headed people in the party.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 13 Oct 2022, 14:20:21

Gabbard endorses Trump-backed Republican in competitive Washington House race

Former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Wednesday endorsed Trump-backed Republican candidate Joe Kent in the competitive race for a southwestern Washington House seat.

Gabbard, who ran for president as a Democrat in 2020, announced on Tuesday that she was leaving the Democratic Party and has since put her support behind several candidates aligned with former President Trump, including Kent.

“My friend Joe Kent is a fighter,” Gabbard said in a new ad for Kent. “He’s dedicated his life to ensuring the safety, security and freedom of the American people and our country. With your vote, Joe’s going to go to Washington and work tirelessly to secure the border and bring you and your loved ones peace of mind.”

Kent, a former Green Beret, beat out Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) for the Republican nomination in the state’s August primary. The congresswoman, who represented Washington’s 3rd Congressional District for 12 years, was one of 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump.

After Herrera Beutler’s loss in the primary, the nonpartisan Cook Political Report moved the district from “solid Republican” to “lean Republican,” moving two notches to the left on the report’s scale.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to The Hill.

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

MSN

Tulsi Gabbard says Democratic leaders 'foment a culture of fear' to keep people in line

Former Democrat and U.S. House Representative Tulsi Gabbard slammed the Democratic Party leadership during an appearance on the "Joe Rogan Experience" Tuesday.

Former Democrat and U.S. House Representative Tulsi Gabbard criticized Democratic Party leadership Tuesday during an interview on the "Joe Rogan Experience."

"It's very spooky, and it's spooky how prevalent that mindset is and how many Democrats – not even just politicians, just people who are Democrats – how many people share that position that you should silence people that you don't agree with," Rogan said.

"It's such a foolish perspective and it plays out historically over, and over, and over again in a terrible way. I just don't understand why people don't learn that lesson."

Gabbard agreed with Rogan.

"I think that the Democratic Party leaders, people like Hillary Clinton, people who have been in charge for a very long time foment this kind of culture of fear and like ‘hey if you go against us, you’re dead, you're on the sh*t list,'" Gabbard said.

"You have, kind of the very loud activists who don't represent I think even the majority of the Democratic Party, but the AOCs of the world who are almost like these radical religious zealots and they are ideologues and whatever they choose is the battle of the day, if you are against them on that, forget it, you're done."

President Trump defended Gabbard against claims by Hillary Clinton that she was being groomed by Russia to be a third-party 2020 presidential candidate.

Gabbard has long been critical of the Democratic Party leadership. In a video posted to Instagram Tuesday, she accused them of "stoking anti-white racism" and undermining the nation's law enforcement. Gabbard also described the Democratic establishment as "warmongers" and has been critical of the leadership of both political parties for supporting interventional foreign polices abroad.

Gabbard noted that 57 House Republicans voted against sending another $40 billion in military aid to Ukraine while not one Democrat did. During the podcast, Gabbard warned that the world is closer to nuclear conflict than most people realize and highlighted New York City's public service announcement instructing people how to respond to a potential nuclear attack.

Gabbard, a 41-year-old combat veteran who is progressive on many issues, was once viewed as a rising star within the Democratic Party. She was endorsed by then-President Barack Obama when she first ran for Congress and was invited to speak at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. However, since breaking with the party on foreign policy and clashing with prominent progressives such as then Sen. Kamala Haris, D-Calif., the media and Democratic establishment has lambasted her, accusing the U.S. combat veteran of being a Russian asset without any evidence.

LINK

Tulsi Gabbard is leaving the Democratic Party over ‘cowardly wokeness’

THE MARGIN

Tulsi Gabbard is leaving the Democratic Party.

The former member of Congress, having represented Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District from 2013 to 2021, announced her move on Twitter early Tuesday.

“I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism,” Gabbard tweeted.

“I believe in a government that is of the people, by the people and for the people. Unfortunately, today’s Democratic Party does not. Instead, it stands for a government that is of, by and for the powerful elite,” Gabbard continued. “I’m calling on my fellow common sense, independent-minded Democrats to join me in leaving the Democratic Party.”

In a Twitter thread containing the announcement, Gabbard did not say whether she plans to become a Republican or join a competing political affiliation.

Representatives for Gabbard did not immediately respond to MarketWatch’s request for comment.

Gabbard, who served in the Army National Guard in the 2000s, made the announcement in conjunction with the debut episode of a podcast she is hosting.

She was a member of the large field of candidates competing for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination and threw her support behind eventual nominee Joe Biden as she left that race in March 2020.

MSN
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 04:46:40

So if leaving (good for her) she needs a new home, or to retire.

Forward Party??? Might be a natural fit.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 10:46:08

Newfie wrote:So if leaving (good for her) she needs a new home, or to retire.

She is a one song band with the song titled war is bad. She has almost zero positions on any other topic.
On the other hand a Centrist party that excluded the far left and far right which was fiscally conservative and socially moderate might gain quite a following. Both current parties are largely dysfunctional having been taken over by their radical extremists and something more rational would be a wise choice for the majority of voters. Gabard would not be the best leader of that new party.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 12:05:36

Parties are not all leaders. They need a full range of participants.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 12:10:45

Newfie wrote:Parties are not all leaders. They need a full range of participants.

Of course but you still need leadership. Someone that can articulate what this "Centrist" part is for and against.
I have a few possible leaders in mind but I'll let the rest here suggest their own top choices.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 16:04:34

vtsnowedin wrote:
Newfie wrote:So if leaving (good for her) she needs a new home, or to retire.

One of Tulsi's first acts upon leaving the Ds was to endorse an R for Congress in Washington State.

Personally, I think the Rs would be a great fit for Tulsi. They are desperate to attract more voters of color, and Tulsi would help with that.

And the Rs could do something significant for Tulsi----I bet the Rs would jump to back and fund her if she chose to run again for her old seat in Congress as an R

I hope Tulsi paddles over to the R side of the political spectrum.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 18:35:59

vtsnowedin wrote: But just eighteen months ago when Republicans had the reins things were better then they are now in spite of covid.

Yes...and we called those good ol' times The Worst Recession Since The Great Depression. You might not have noticed surrounded by rural Vermonters who don't know the difference between causation and correlation and hoping to get some bleach to cure themselves if ivermectin wasn't available, but the cityfolk scrabbling for food and jobs, paying rent and whatnot sure noticed.

vtsnowedin wrote: Manchin and Sinema have saved the Democrats from doing even more damage then they have to date and are the only clear headed people in the party.

Well, even by your accounting then that puts the D's up by 2 over the R's. Maybe the D's could balance the scales a little better if Sleepy Joe was not only sleepy, but tries to overthrow the upcoming election?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 19:36:27

Are we getting a bit nervous here Adam? Not looking forward to the shellacking that is coming.??
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 14 Oct 2022, 23:27:28

vtsnowedin wrote:Are we getting a bit nervous here Adam?

We? You got a frog in your pocket?

Vtsnowedin wrote:Not looking forward to the shellacking that is coming.??

What does a "shellacking" mean to us independents? Your proto-fascist friends are no different than the communist leaning hacks.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 15 Oct 2022, 08:51:17

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:Are we getting a bit nervous here Adam?

We? You got a frog in your pocket?

Vtsnowedin wrote:Not looking forward to the shellacking that is coming.??

What does a "shellacking" mean to us independents? Your proto-fascist friends are no different than the communist leaning hacks.

The results will be quite different. They had a nice little graph yesterday showing inflation through the trump years then up to today. Nice flat squiggly line throughout the Trump years hovering about two percent then soaring up to eight percent starting almost on Biden's inauguration day. Another one showing gas prices and another showing the average 401K.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 15 Oct 2022, 15:43:25

vtsnowedin wrote: The results will be quite different.

Really? To which oligarchs? The ones who fund both parties...or the ones who fund both parties?

vtsnowedin wrote:They had a nice little graph yesterday showing inflation through the trump years then up to today. Nice flat squiggly line throughout the Trump years hovering about two percent then soaring up to eight percent starting almost on Biden's inauguration day. Another one showing gas prices and another showing the average 401K.

I am familiar with inflation taking place primarily under the Sleepy Joe administration same as I am the greatest recession since the Great Depression showing up during Trump's. I was not then and am not now thrilled with either. And yes, 401k's are down. However, just as 3 of the most recent Democan administrations rescued the country from Republican recessions (King George 1st, King George 2nd, and Trumps) Biden still has a couple years to tackle this particular problem.

What do Republicrats stand for nowadays VT? I watched another round of the coup attempt, and damned if there aren't good ones left in the world, any chance we are going to get them back during your lifetime? That secretary of state guy in Arizona that Trump had primaried and run off, I can vote for someone of that caliber almost regardless of their position on a topic.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 03 Sep 2023, 02:46:07

Here's a critial article from over on the armageddonprose.substack about the libertarian favorite of millions, Burnie Sanders. Yes I misspelled his name, but then he's not worth the autocorrect mouse click in my opinion. I remember 6 or more years ago my brother going into a speech about how he was such a good bloke and needed support. Odd I thought, coming as it was from an Australian? But long time rum drinkers can get like that and he did watch a lot of TV.

Now, any non-castrated man with any self-respect, having had the election of a lifetime stolen from him by weasely Democrat Party apparatchiks in 2016, would have gone on the warpath.

Sanders, of course, demonstrably has none.

Not only did he immediately endorse the she-demon Hillary Clinton after she rigged the primary against him in 2016; not only did he bend the knee in 2020 when it was effectively stolen from him by behind-the-scenes maneuvering by Barack Obama; now he is... endorsing Biden in glowing terms

https://armageddonprose.substack.com/p/ ... st-sellout

In this post Sanders is portrayed as a nutless cuck, as the parlance goes, with lots of videos of him being demonstrably patriotic to the camera. "We have to keep our eyes on the prize" he says while endorsing the current President, "and understand that today, tens and tens of millions of working people are struggling and are in pain in the richest country in the history of the world.
https://youtu.be/yl47bKi-_vE

I knew he was a sellout years ago, for one simple reason, he's a politician of a major party and no one holds that office unless they are a swamp creature, a sellout, an arselicker of those who hold more power than they do. Oh I heard all the stories about how independent he was, but I never believed it.

He's an example of controlled opposition within a party. He told the truth! So what? Everyone knows the truth. Joe Biden and Hilary Clinton know the truth about the federal reserve, about sanctions, about the endless wars etc but there job is to deny it. Sanders job was to speak of it but be overruled. In other words, the truth doesn't matter, just get back to your factories and retail outlets and work and consume.

Every time the truth is spoken and then overruled it's another nail in the coffin of democracy and the constitution, the bill of rights. You have the right! To be ass-probed at airports, the right to have your home invaded by the FBI. The right see your life savings stolen in the collapse of a corporation that made large campaign contributions. And you have the right to go die in a desert fighting for the last of the world's oil. These are your government approved rights, and have been for the longest time.

God bless America.

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 12 Sep 2023, 05:22:55

The forewoman of the Special Purpose Grand Jury in Georgia giggles through an interview as she alludes to how may Senators and lawyers they indited on criminal charges. In addition to nodding at an expected Trump indictment, she added, “There may be some names on that list that you wouldn’t expect.” After all, why not?
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why ... rry-us-all

It's getting worse.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 27 Sep 2023, 21:50:40

Well the goss on the platforms is, michelle obama, will (be put up to making) a presidential bid. It's being treated as rumor but it's a mainstream rumor and that's just the way you'd introduce this sort of candidate. She has no experience in politics but she was in the White house and people loved her and her husband. I would suspect the rumors are there to test the waters, would the nation indeed vote for her? Why not I say, it's not like need any smarts to be in the job, just lots of financial backing from the corporate establishment you'll be serving. Charisma though would obviously help.

It's not a new idea either
Fox News, March 2023 Michelle Obama for president in 2024?
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/michel ... -mackinnon

The Hill, March 2023 Michelle Obama would be Democrats’ best chance to win in 2024
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/38 ... n-in-2024/

I could see it, I could see a dog elected as President over there :P It will be interesting to watch and see if it happens, she has big backers though.

Michelle Obama earns nearly $750K for one-hour speech

Michelle Obama could usually be booked for speaking arrangements for $200,000, while her husband would cost $400,000, Axios reported in 2017. But the former first lady seems to be earning more money amid speculation that she could be named the Democratic nominee for president.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/26/michelle- ... ur-speech/

They could use AI to make her look a littler 'whiter' for the southern states campaign.

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 29 Sep 2023, 14:16:23

Jewish senator Dead at age 90, and not a moment too soon

A geriatric pudding drinker too addled in the mind for running a woman's sewing circle. I can't believe cretins like this get elected to office over and over.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sen ... es-away-90
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion